Britney & Borderline personality disorder

theKARATEkid

Have we ever considered that Britney might have Bordeline personality disorder (BPD)? We’ve heard in the media about her possibly being bipolar, but BPD is often overlooked.

A close person in my life was diagnosed with BPD a few years ago and I always saw parallels with Britney in terms of personality traits and behaviour. Here’s some info if you want to read on BPD and typical symptoms: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/borderline-personality-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20370237

This being said, I believe that Britney’s health situation is none of our business and I truly respect her privacy. Her having it or not is not necessarily my main point, I just find it was a good excuse to discuss this health condition which is not discussed so often. :)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think Britney had a very intense depression and was also traumatized by some events in her life which led her to experience anxiety. There’s also her duality between her real self and the Britney Spears persona. For the rest, years of being infantilized and of being treated like a “thing” made her lose interest and she just isolated herself and sort of gave up at times. Other than that, nothing wrong. Plus who are we anyway to diagnose her?

1 hour ago, theKARATEkid said:

Have we ever considered that Britney might have Bordeline personality disorder (BPD)? We’ve heard in the media about her possibly being bipolar, but BPD is often overlooked.

A close person in my life was diagnosed with BPD a few years ago and I always saw parallels with Britney in terms of personality traits and behaviour. Here’s some info if you want to read on BPD and typical symptoms: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/borderline-personality-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20370237

This being said, I believe that Britney’s health situation is none of our business and I truly respect her privacy. Her having it or not is not necessarily my main point, I just find it was a good excuse to discuss this health condition which is not discussed so often. :)

It sounds very similar to her case but then again, we don’t know anything for sure. 

either way there are some things that have to be highlighted for anyone reading, like, even if that was her diagnosis, that DOES NOT justify a conservatorship, and another thing, at the record time the conservatorship was granted, there's no way they could've diagnosed her with that disease since the beginning, especially considering that both 5150 didn't find anything wrong with her. Not to mention, the fact that they completely violated the whole process they should follow by notifying her beforehand and giving her the right to appeal.

There's even a special type of Conservatorship, LPS, that forces the conservatee to take treatment, and nothing else, and it only lists the following illnesses:

• Schizophrenia
  • Bi-Polar disorder (manic depression)
  • Schizoaffective disorder
  • Clinical depression
  • Obsessive compulsive disorder
  • Chronic alcoholism (maybe Jamie needs this one :umok: )

It's supposed to last a year, and it can be renewed, but it has to be re-evaluated year after year.

I think there’s an unwritten rule (or should be) about discussing this. I mean it just feels wrong. Imagine if you were her and had fans speculating over what mental disease you had. Yikes. I say if you want to speculate on this matter just do it on your own time and let’s not make this a discussion because it’s truly personal and the line shouldn’t be crossed. I know you don’t mean any harm but it’s just not a matter for public opinion. People talking about this alone would personally drive me insane. If I didn’t have a real problem before I would after finding out. 

I've had a couple friends with BPD (and ex-friends unfortunately) but based off pure speculation and as an outsider, I wouldn't really put her in that box. I don't see any part of her that is like stereotypically black and white thinking like its sufferers tend to have, it would have definitely shown itself already at least unintentionally. I don't know her on a personal level obviously but she has always been pretty consistent in terms of her persona and personal relationships (I think). If she didn't know how to regulate them we would have heard about it a lot more, but instead people from her past all say the same thing: that she's incredibly sweet and was just going through a rough time and she's not this ""dementia"" patient the family makes her out to be.

Even at her worst it seemed like there was just a massive multitude of triggers that would drive anyone to feel how she did. We don't know if that kicked her issues off, or was just a catalyst and they were there all along and culminated in everything.

I don't like speculating but that's my two cents from being around those with it.

5 hours ago, TakeYourHand said:

I think there’s an unwritten rule (or should be) about discussing this. I mean it just feels wrong. Imagine if you were her and had fans speculating over what mental disease you had. Yikes. I say if you want to speculate on this matter just do it on your own time and let’s not make this a discussion because it’s truly personal and the line shouldn’t be crossed. I know you don’t mean any harm but it’s just not a matter for public opinion. People talking about this alone would personally drive me insane. If I didn’t have a real problem before I would after finding out. 

Mental health issues are not a disease don’t be ignorant. 

Archived