What’s Taylor Swift’s Greatest Song?

I LOVE this thread. My Queen getting the appreciation that she deserves! :yasqueen:

I'm gonna give you my underrated ones from each era-

Mary's Song (Oh My My My) - Taylor Swift

Breathe (feat. Colbie Caillat) - Fearless

Enchanted - Speak Now (shout out to those who know the original version of Sparks Fly and not the album cut)

The Last Time  (feat. Gary Lightbody) - RED (although there is a REASON why "All Too Well" is said to be her best song ever because it clearly is. :lessons: Also, peep "I Almost Do")

I Know Places - 1989 (This song does NOT get enough appreciation!)

Getaway Car - reputation (I WILL NOT TOLERATE ANY DISRESPECT TOWARDS THIS SONG!)

Daylight - Lover 

this is me trying - folklore

These aren't my faves from each era necessarily (most of those have already been said.) but these are ones that have aged well or showcase her lyric writing in ways that aren't appreciated enough. :mattafact:

• Like 1

This is so tough because by default I feel like I have to say "All Too Well" because it would be an injustice to not talk about the lyricism of this song and the impeccable storytelling that this song does. But my absolute favorite Taylor song is "Out Of The Woods" because it does the same storytelling that "All To Well" does but with a more dramatic sound. So for me they are both just as equal.

• Love 1

This is a hard choice, but I think there is one song that best describes Taylor Swift, and that would be "New Romantics." To me, this is the epitome of Taylor Swift in the 1989 era, and it summarizes her well as a person. Her heart gets broken many times, and she comes back stronger than ever. A personal favourite song of mine, and the message resonates with me so much.

• Love 1

I absolutely can't stand her and think she's a genuine piece of shyt.

However...

• Style
  • Wildest Dreams
  • I Knew You Were Trouble
  • We Are Never Getting Back Together
  • Wildest Dreams
  • Out Of The Woods
  • New Romantics
  • ...Ready For it?
  • Delicate

...are all bops, a true testament to Max Martin's genius.

She was smart to lock him down, cuz he can get just about anyone a #1.

Most artists don't even get a #1 until working with him.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block