Is Britney under a permanent or temporary conservatorship?

Onyxgirl17

I’m so confused. Almost every news article I’ve read says the conservatorship is set to “expire” on August 22nd. 

Is that just Jody Montgomery being conservator or her having the conservatorship in total? I thought it was permanent. 

If it’s temporary does that mean the conservatorship review in early August could free her? 

Help a girl understand plz 💖

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, CripplerCrossface said:

"According to TMZ, her legal team feels that a permanent conservatorship will increase her chances of regaining custody of her sons as the family commissioner will feel appeased knowing that Spears is being appropriately cared for."

I hate that they probably made her feel like it was for her to be with her kids, but it was really for the money :wontcry:

It used to be permanent until whatever happened last year.

Thing is, both co-conservators of the personal conservatorship resigned last year (Andrew Wallet and Jamie Spears, though Jamie still is control of her estate). Jamie decided to put Jodi as his replacement, but that was "temporary" until this January when the hearing was supposed to continue to see the results of the evaluation. It got extended to April, now August, but that doesn't mean the conservatorship is ending. The judge could still decide to just name another conservator (which would be slightly more positive if at least Britney could pick who she prefers this time) or name Jodi permanent conservator or just keep extending the "temporary" conservatorship until they're done with this never ending hearing. 

54 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

It used to be permanent until whatever happened last year.

Thing is, both co-conservators of the personal conservatorship resigned last year (Andrew Wallet and Jamie Spears, though Jamie still is control of her estate). Jamie decided to put Jodi as his replacement, but that was "temporary" until this January when the hearing was supposed to continue to see the results of the evaluation. It got extended to April, now August, but that doesn't mean the conservatorship is ending. The judge could still decide to just name another conservator (which would be slightly more positive if at least Britney could pick who she prefers this time) or name Jodi permanent conservator or just keep extending the "temporary" conservatorship until they're done with this never ending hearing. 

Thank you! This really is all crazy.

5 minutes ago, Onyxgirl17 said:

Thank you! This really is all crazy.

now, I don't know if it's true that all these years they have just kept renewing the conservatorship over and over, but we've never heard of an ending date of any sorts, until last year with Jodi. It was always referred to as permanent. I think at the beginning it WAS either just for a few months or until the Circus Tour was over, but I need to check that out, but at least ever since 2009 / 2010 it's been said it's permanent.

That's why she asked in 2012 for it to get at least an ending date, but it was denied. And btw, she was able to ask because the judge ask to talk to her when she was gonna sign for the X Factor. Judge determined she was competent enough to appear on live television but not be in charge of her life :gagasmile:

ok this is all the cship history that all the fans need to know.

the cship was placed "temporal"  for britney business, finances, desicions, movements taked it by jamie spears in support with tristar and rca.

if britney get free Kevin & All Spears Family, larry & tristar would be without his main manutention by britney spears, even if she dies they could handle all that money, but if britneys get free she wouldn't wanna know anything about her family, tristar and RCA. 

This people are taking million and million of dollars living a rockstar live without working, do you serious believe all this tales about lynne & bryan is good, larry is good, sam is good??? NOOOOOOOOO, why don't wanna cooperate and at least giving her some freedom? 

Thats it , so we need to go harder if we want her free, or if we wanna see hit slaying the stage, because she would back to the road like it or not, with cship or not.

BTW even getting out of the CSHIP would cost her a lot of money paying by her too.

this a serious problem, this is not joke or another netflix series  about jamie is the bad, and lynne is the good noooooooooo this is real life.:cheese:

Archived