Lady Gaga's "Alice" vs Madonna's "Nothing Really Matters"

Who said Alice sampled Nothing Really Matters? Do you have receipts or did you make that up? :imacat:

You don't seem to understand what it means when you say "sample" or "sampling". They sound alike because this is house music. Not because Alice is a "low sampling" of Nothing Really Matters.  :mattafact:

• Haha 3
  • Like 2
8 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Who said Alice sampled Nothing Really Matters? Do you have receipts or did you make that up? :imacat:

You don't seem to understand what it means when you say "sample" or "sampling". They sound alike because this is house music. Not because Alice is a "low sampling" of Nothing Really Matters.  :mattafact:

weirdly no other house music sounds like nothing really matters .. but Alice does . Sarcastic Season 3 GIF by BBC America

4 minutes ago, migeal said:

weirdly no other house music sounds like nothing really matters .. but Alice does . 

Well you can't call it a "sample" because for that to happen, there is a process for that. Gaga will have to ask for permission from Madonna to be able to "sample" Nothing Really Matters or any of her songs. You're using "sample" so loosely as if every song that sounds alike is a "sample". :eheeek: There is no such thing as "low sampling". You're either allowed to sample a song or not. You'd do well to research on this. :mattafact:

1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

Well you can't call it a "sample" because for that to happen, there is a process for that. Gaga will have to ask for permission from Madonna to be able to "sample" Nothing Really Matters or any of her songs. You're using "sample" so loosely as if every song that sounds alike is a "sample". :eheeek: There is no such thing as "low sampling". You're either allowed to sample a song or not. You'd do well to research on this. :mattafact:

i get wat your saying and agree to some level but didnt gaga Born this way sound so similar to madonna express your self so copying music style is a way of officially sampling music and paying royalties now..   secondly her song Babylon Totally copies Madonna Vogue .. 

1 hour ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

They sound alike because there's a pulsing synth, it's a feature in dance music from the 90's, such as "Show Me Love", "Free from Desire" etc.

The source of inspiration is the same; 90s Dance Music.

Stop trying to further this tired subject.

sorry my bad dont remeber this topic (ALice) :ohwut:being brought up before 

9 minutes ago, migeal said:

sorry my bad dont remeber this topic (ALice) :ohwut:being brought up before 

36 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Alice remains supreme :letitburn:

Also I am having trouble hearing any similarities sound-wise. 

1 hour ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

They sound alike because there's a pulsing synth, it's a feature in dance music from the 90's, such as "Show Me Love", "Free from Desire" etc.

The source of inspiration is the same; 90s Dance Music.

Stop trying to further this tired subject.

3 hours ago, Roxxy said:

hope the links works        a mashup of both madonna instrumental and Alice     

https://rave.dj/wDqobyEJ8Q-TDw

this is the same thing that happens with people that think that Now That I Found You is a ripoff of Wake Me Up

I don't know why people has a hard time differentiating between two songs that are actually the same (like a true sample or "copy") and two songs that belong to the same genre / style. :beynah:

These two songs sound similar, because they're the same style (or at least Gaga TRIED to make this album sound like 90's Dance music, though she felt short in my opinion, because she missed a lot of the charm and structure from the songs of that era) and same with NTIFY music break and WMU. But if you get like the music sheet of the songs, you would see they're completely different, different assortment of notes, etc.

That said, even though Alice is one of the best songs of Chromatica, Nothing Really Matters is so much better. Again, Gaga tried, but the only thing she got from 90's music was that beat on the base of each song, but she missed the structure, the length and the catchy chorus / hook that characterized the music from that decade. :yaknow:

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block