Beyonce dragged for doing Black Face in 2011, using Africa as a gimmick

Slayer

10 hours ago, TheySayImCrazy18 said:

Am I The Only Who Thinks Beyoncé Days Of Being On Top Are Over?  These Past Few Weeks Have Marked Some Major Controversies For Her.  First, There Was The Leaked Info That “Lemonade” Numbers Were Severely Inflated, Then This Now.  Not To Mention, “Black Parade” Flopped So Hard.  Even “Mood Ring” Stayed At Number 1 On ITunes Longer.   

Internationally, Beyonce has been declining since the end of the Sasha Fierce era. 4 was....somewhat of a underperformance. Then in 2013, she made a comeback with Self-titled, which made her quite famous outside of the US. However, after the end of the BEYONCE era, she started declining steadily. Lemonade might have been a hit in the US, but underperformed WW. In its first week, Lemonade only sold 50k copies outside of the US. 

• Like 1

A lot of really gross and immature comments in here.

Lets not with the stupid stan war stuff right now and try to have a mature conversation.

I’m not black. I can’t comment on whether or not this is okay. Personally I’m not sure where I stand on this. It seems to me she was trying to use her platform here to embrace black culture, which Beyoncé is wonderful at doing. Lemonade was beautifully done at amplifying black voices and she continues to do that. But this project? I don’t know. I’m not black. I would love to hear what black people say about this.

It reminds me of Jessica Lange doing her Frida Kahlo tribute. I remember people were very divided on that. However I don’t think it’s appropriate to fully compare that situation with this since Jessica is white and Beyoncé is black. idk. Thinking out loud here lol

4 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

A lot of really gross and immature comments in here.

Lets not with the stupid stan war stuff right now and try to have a mature conversation.

I’m not black. I can’t comment on whether or not this is okay. Personally I’m not sure where I stand on this. It seems to me she was trying to use her platform here to embrace black culture, which Beyoncé is wonderful at doing. Lemonade was beautifully done at amplifying black voices and she continues to do that. But this project? I don’t know. I’m not black. I would love to hear what black people say about this.

It reminds me of Jessica Lange doing her Frida Kahlo tribute. I remember people were very divided on that. However I don’t think it’s appropriate to fully compare that situation with this since Jessica is white and Beyoncé is black. idk. Thinking out loud here lol

As someone who is mixed race, I don’t agree with what she did. Black face is never okay.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block