Beyonce dragged for doing Black Face in 2011, using Africa as a gimmick

Slayer

4 hours ago, Towelney said:

It’s problematic both ways ☺️

Then why aren’t the Wayan Brothers cancelled for their movie “White Chicks” that is revered to this day?

They literally put on white faces and act “white” throughout the entire movie. When white people are the bunt of the joke that’s perfectly acceptable humor.

I don’t personally find it offensive and I love the movie but what’s wrong for one group should be wrong for all, right? 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Brat said:

She did ****** for dream girls,  it wasn’t an issue.  Can an African American woman be judged for doing black face? :cackling:

When you’re as light skinned as Beyonce who profits off colorism you can sure as hell be judged for it. Imagine the outrage if a light skinned Latina purposefully colored herself to a much darker shade. We know there are dark skinned Latinas as well. So if they would get judged anyone can get judged equally for ******. Yeah Beyonce was not doing it to be racist obviously, but nevertheless she’s made a career off colorism so yeah she should get judged for it 

• Like 5
11 hours ago, C0CKy said:

Then why aren’t the Wayan Brothers cancelled for their movie “White Chicks” that is revered to this day?

They literally put on white faces and act “white” throughout the entire movie. When white people are the bunt of the joke that’s perfectly acceptable humor.

I don’t personally find it offensive and I love the movie but what’s wrong for one group should be wrong for all, right? 

It unfortunately goes back to the argument many people have said - black people can’t be racist. I read an article about how they can be bigots, but they can’t be racist. Personally, a bigot is a racist if you’re mocking someone’s race. These were different times though and although there was outrage about it, it’s nothing like todays standards. The problem now is people are digging up **** like this that everyone knew about because obviously it was a very popular movie. I’m only on here making a big deal out of Beyonce because I’m tired of the hypocrisy. The fact some of these users crucify Camila for things she did as a teenager even though she’s apologized for it and has done things to benefit the black community yet let others like Beyonce off scot free for things she did as a 30 year old is besides me 

• Like 4

it's a stupid move, and it's aesthetically stupid as well because she did not paint her chest and arms a darker color as well.  So the portrayal is not even believable it's just like... idiotic. 

on another note. Isn't the "watermelon" and "hot sauce" references in her lyrics a cultural generalisation, and isn't that a type of cultural and social stigma that is problematic as well? Or maybe that is the types of food she can refer to, because otherwise it's not cultural appropriation? I mean she should never sing about garam masala, or glass noodles? At least she got it right with the neutral lemon and bee. bee marching GIF by Look Human 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block