Beyonce dragged for doing Black Face in 2011, using Africa as a gimmick

Slayer

Ugh Beyonce. The epitome of double standards, if any other artist did this, like Britney, they would be canceled and would be dragged across every organization/outlet going. Beyonce does it and it is said shes "empowering cultures" nah my dudes shes appropriating them and has done for most of her career, just like how she enjoys to "get" writing credits with little to no work.

Beyonce is talented vocally, i just dislike the double standard that applies to her, also dislike some of her own actions. Then that Beyhive that protects her are fully of delusional fans who cant see the flaws from there queen. Like chill, you can support a celebrity and still say "Yeah she ****ed up" instead of dragging other stars to lift yours up more.

- Alestaos

• Haha 1
  • Like 6
37 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

I love Bey but let's be real, everything she does is a gimmick.

And genuinely asking, if a black woman does black face - is it bad? Wouldn't it be, like, okay? :imacat:

If a white person from Italy, changes her/his skin colour to look Irish, would that be ok?

25 minutes ago, Alestaos said:

Ugh Beyonce. The epitome of double standards, if any other artist did this, like Britney, they would be canceled and would be dragged across every organization/outlet going. Beyonce does it and it is said shes "empowering cultures" nah my dudes shes appropriating them and has done for most of her career, just like how she enjoys to "get" writing credits with little to no work.

Beyonce is talented vocally, i just dislike the double standard that applies to her, also dislike some of her own actions. Then that Beyhive that protects her are fully of delusional fans who cant see the flaws from there queen. Like chill, you can support a celebrity and still say "Yeah she ****ed up" instead of dragging other stars to lift yours up more.

- Alestaos

She is only after the money. Like everything she does has got a money purpose behind. I do not like her at all.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, THE_MIKY said:

She is only after the money. Like everything she does has got a money purpose behind. I do not like her at all.

She also wants to appear to be this huge genius in songwriting, and production. When really she either steals credits, or literally changes one word and then claims song writing credits.

Whislt it is about money its also highly about public image, especially since her beyhive buy into her "image" more than anyother fandom

• Like 5

Sorry for my ignorance, why ****** is considered to be wrong? I understand the point with the representation of minorities that are stereotyped like indigenous or gays that are pictured as feminine as possible to mock them. If Beyoncé is black, did she intend to hurt someone's feelings doing that? Does it depend on the point of view the person who sees it?

I understood about the problem after reading the vox webpage. Now I know it's really wrong doing that. Colorism is the racism between black people.

Edited by PablitoXS
To tell that I already had my question answered.
9 minutes ago, Alestaos said:

She also wants to appear to be this huge genius in songwriting, and production. When really she either steals credits, or literally changes one word and then claims song writing credits.

Whislt it is about money its also highly about public image, especially since her beyhive buy into her "image" more than anyother fandom

Totally agree. She has been caught plenty times stealing art work from other artists. And yes there is a massive difference between getting inspired by another artist, and stealing the work. I mean, I dont envy her, how miserable must she be. Still married to a cheater, but give her the coins. She could be doing a lot for the BLM movement, she just does enough to have the "image" and pretend.

• Like 5

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block