Christina shaded TF out of Queen Britney

OnlyFacts

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It did come across as really rude but in some aspects she wasn't wrong, if we're being honest. 

If she was genuinely concerned about Britney she would have attempted to raise matters privately. Who knows what went on behind the scenes, maybe she did attempt to? 

It's an understatement to say neither of them had a normal upbringing, and in one way or another they have both been damaged by that.

Christina was able to get rid of her toxic team in 2001/2002. Unfortunately, Britney continues to suffer and given Britney's current circumstances I'm sure Christina would take back some of her comments if she could. 

However, this was almost 20 years ago and she has spoken positively of Britney since then so let's move on. 

And it was completely unnecessary to bump a 5 month old thread. 

11 minutes ago, Mariaahfan said:

Some of the replies 🙄🙄🙄

If we cancel everyone for throwing shade at some point, everybody who replied in this thread would be canceled.

Agreed. Plus there was a thread like a week or two ago about Britney shading BSB in like 1999 and people all loved it. Why is it ok for Britney and not others? What christina said was uncalled for and downright nasty but if its ok for Britney to shade then don't get mad when others do it to her.

That was 20yrs ago, Xtina has only nice things to say about Britney for a few years now. I think she's settled and doesn't want to be involved in drama anymore, I'm sure Britney and Xtina both have good memories and a nostalgic feeling towards each other, because they basically grew up together. I used to be really anoyed by Christina's personality, but I feel like she really changed. Anyway, Fall in Line would be a perfect duet with Britney. :cigney_britney_smoking_smoke_lit_light_2007_fur_cigarette:

On 6/26/2020 at 10:27 PM, OnlyFacts said:

No excuse for Xtina being this nasty. Britney should’ve let her have it...but karma came back around. Only one person is referred to as the Flop of Pop:

pick me christina aguilera GIF

Class, where is the flop of pop? :well:

Karma came back around? 

Britney is the one thats being controlled, cant see her kids, doesnt ever sing live and has had a public breakdown. Who cares about sales when the whole world thinks you're a mess? 

Sorry, but Xtina is a respected vocalist and is unproblematic. 

I don't know why this thread has been bumped but it has so I'll say this 

I dislike xtinas personality..I think she's honestly one of the most hateable celebs..her and Katy Perry because of there fakeness and horrible attitudes..egos bigger than their talents..something britney has never had a problem with.. she knows her limits and doesn't tear down others 

Every xtina interview they ask about britney.

Xtina has a great voice yh but a real artist doesn't have to tell people "im an artist,  im an artist " like seriously xtina 

Mean Girls Shut Up GIF

I don't mind the odd song by xtina but she really needs to get her head out of her arse.. theres being confident and then there's just being a stuck up *****

On 6/26/2020 at 10:11 PM, Britney-fan12332143 said:

OK 

Christina And Britney had some kind of Friction Between 2003/2004. im sure they are ok now

I just read an old article from 2006. Christina was just married and the interviewer asks her if it's true that she gave Britney gifts für her baby.She was asking if Britney gave he something back. She said Britney send her for her wedding a crystal vase and champagne glasses and Britney will get another gift when her second child is born. Everything is ok. They had a little bit of a fight but it was cool to be against Britney at that time. There were singers similar to Britney like Jessica Simpson, Mandy Moore. And Anti Britneys like Avril,Kelly Osborn,P!nk and with her second album Xtina. They may not be the closest friends, but they both know what are good manners.

And I can remember that Christina defends Britney in interviews when she gets negative press during the Kevin era.

But I must say I never got warm with Chris's personality. She was too rude, *****y for me. By *****y I mean not her clothes or style just her behaviors. Like the cool girls on the school who bullying others who ware not had experience with the cutest boys and wear the best outfits. But when I´m not counting my role model, she is in my Top 5 of my favorites singers. I love her music. There is hardly one song I dislike.

I´m still hoping and praying for a duet with Britney!

i think all of us are way too OLD, emphasis on OLD, to be calling xtina a flop...like we are not 14 year olds on stan twitter. we are all adults (some of yall well into your 30s) to be acting like this...it's embarrassing. xtina is rude sometimes but she has calmed down a lot since then + has said many nice things about britney since

Christina was shady a couple of times in 2003-2004 towards Britney but then she stopped acting like that right after. From 2005 on she only said nice things about her, even talking about sending Britney a baby basket when Preston was born. Its also worth mentioning that Christina didnt shade Britney in 2007-2008 when almost everyone else was, including Madonna, so idk why people are still hating on her for things she said when she was 22-23 years old and going thru a different phase on her life. Shes 40 now and didnt have nothing but nice words to say about Britney for over 15 years now. 

Regarding the Blender article, she did say things were taken out of context tho 

Here shes talking about the Blender article in early 2004:

TRL: That’s good luck for you. We’ve been speaking about music and the
music often it’s — there’s a distraction from from it sometimes with things
being misquoted.

Christina: Absolutely.

TRL: Things take things out of context. So i want to give you the opportunity
to clear up some of the things you’ve been quoted as saying. “Blender”
magazine.

Christina: Infamiliarous “blender” thing thing .

TRL: As they wrote it “she seems like a lost little girl. In our world
there are different types of entertainers. Have you anker your artists
and you have your entertainers. I’m an artist and she’s a — well” is that
what you really think?

Christina: I’ve known Britney for a long, long time. You know, i really
had the first time to really full-on interact with her or have a chance
to really see her at — she retaliated, might i add, in an issue of her
own, follow-up, but it was still the magazine pitting us — they so knew
what they were doing, just — because I’m an honest person. And they just
took my honesty and turned it around and made it seem like i was putting
a dig in there. You know — [popdirt.com]

TRL: So you got love for britney?

Christina: I think she’s a great girl. You know —

[ Laughter ] No, i do.

TRL: Okay.

Christina: I do. You know, i do.

TRL: But it’s kind of a —

[ Laughter ] — A prehencive love, conditional love.

Christina: No, i don’t want you to get me wrong. No she’s a sweet girl.
This business can make anybody a little just — you know, in a — caught
in a whirm wind and caught up in the wrong things. So you know, just, you
know, get back to basics, britney.

10:20 - 11:52 

Christina: Going back really quickly. I know this isn’t on the cue card,
blah, blah, regarding the Britney thing. I did write her a letter regarding
the “blender” article and it was very personal and it was about the fact
that being two female mail afrts in this industry we got to be there for
each other. And I said i didn’t stand behind the article and whatnot. But
i have yet to hear back from miss brit. So if you hear this, id I’d like
an answer. I’d like a response. We do have a history.

10:59 

Heres what Britney said about Christina's blender interview in january 2004: 

Spears, who caught wind of Aguilera’s comments, subsequently slammed the “Dirrty” singer in the January 2004 issue of Blender. Spears noted that she hadn’t seen Aguilera in two years when they ran into each other in a weird encounter. “She comes up to me in a club in front of all these people and tries to put her tongue down my throat!” Spears claimed. “I say, ‘It’s good to see you,’ and she goes, ‘Well, you’re not being real with me.’ I was like, ‘Well, Christina, what’s your definition of real? Going up to girls and kissing them after you haven’t seen them for two years?'”

Spears continued ripping Aguilera in the interview and said: “A lost girl? I think it’s probably the other way around. I can’t believe she said that about me. When someone has been rude to you so many times, it’s like, ‘You know what, Christina, I’m really not about the fake anymore.'”

Honestly, I do think their allegedly “feud” was more media indulged than anything else in the beginning. The 2000 VMAs shows they did have at least respect for one another by then.

Post Justin break-up seems to be where things went sour. They were supposedly friends and Christina went on tour with Justin whilst he was trashing Brit left and right. Weren’t there rumors they were hooking up or something? seems to have rubbed Brit the wrong way, because her attitude towards Xtina definitely changed after, just listen to her account on their meeting in a Club...

It’s kinda ironic that Justin’s expression was exactly what took away the “wow effect” of Xtina’s big moment in the 03’s VMA while Brit got the world’s press about it (and a feature with Madonna herself no long after) for doing the exact same thing seconds prior. Some would say it’s karma, but oh well 😂😂

The Blender magazine fiasco was the final  nail to the coffin. You can definitely tell homegirl had had it by the way she unusually retaliated, both in her own issue of Blender and the TRL interview (the one she responded about Madonna’s kissing being a gimmick)

Since then, you can count in one hand the times she’s addressed Xtina’s existence. And even so, she was asked, never brought it up herself. I think there’s only so many times someone can actually be belittled and no take it too personal.

On 6/26/2020 at 4:11 PM, Britney-fan12332143 said:

OK 

Christina And Britney had some kind of Friction Between 2003/2004. im sure they are ok now

Christina went on tour with Justin and mocked Britney with a *** doll on him as a Britney parody. 

We all know how they both played such nasty cards to gain hype of Britney. Simple as that.

but it’s fine, In The Zone came out, and smashed them all. Toxic Won a Grammy and Britney got the biggest revenge ever without even doing something to them. Just working hard.

to me Christina is such a cynical person,  it’s pretty clear a friendship is not existent from Britney’s side. 

So im not surprised by that article, 20 years ago Christina was her shadow. 

Everybody knew that. 

13 hours ago, halfdressed said:

The cancel culture is childish and a form of bullying. Grow up. Christina is not obligated to like Britney Spears. And I don't know s**t about Christina so I'm not defending her in that sense. However, it is rude and would have been better left unsaid. 

12 hours ago, halfdressed said:

they're delusional, they're delusional - :mariahstare_carey_annoyed_um_irritated:

Lol I was annoyed af yesterday. But ****, y'all... Saying that the ---hypercritical protective measure comments which are incessantly defending Britney if someone so much as even looks at her--- are too much doesn't mean I don't support her or take her situation any less serious. You guys just go overboard. 

Archived