Jenna Marbles apologizes for ‘problematic’ past, takes indefinite break from YouTube channel

17 hours ago, Urbanney said:

Jenna Marbles has addressed recent claims of her being racist and ****-shaming in her videos from 2011 and 2012. She owned up to it to her past and apologized for it in the video above.

Being ashamed about her own actions and feeling guilty for hurting/offending people, she announced that she is going to take an indefinite break from her channel.

Thoughts? Has cancel culture gone too far once again?

8F238A8F-E773-40A9-A535-76ECEA5F550C.jpeg

I'll say it again.... I  think 'Cancel Culture' is the most ignorant, idiotic and hypocritical thing to come from this generation that lives behind their keyboards. Someone like Jenna made us ALL laugh. And let's be honest, back in 2011, following the 2000's where bullying/shaming ran rampant, we ALL played a part in elevating that content. I  think it takes real GUTS to remove all of your previous content, and own your youthful ignorance in the way that Jenna just did. There's no make-up, no gloss, no excuses. It was raw.... it was vulnerable. 

I'll be honest, I haven't watched Jenna's new content. Around 25 years old in 2012-2013, I kind of phased my way out of internet blogs and YouTube because it just got SO DAMN NEGATIVE. I'm glad to hear Jenna grew up, and I'll watch some of her new content. It's really discouraging to see someone genuine who grew up WITH us, have the joy of entertaining literally stripped from her. 

6 minutes ago, ScooterScott86 said:

Isn’t calling others racists in fact racist in its own way. Yeah. 

I didn’t call her racist. I don’t even know who she is. However, I said all racists are canceled. And that’s a fact. Sounds like you’re looking for a reason to condone racism. That’s pretty disgusting. Go look for attention somewhere else

:begone:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block