Ansel Elgort accused of ******** assaulting a 17-year-old fan, Ansel responds

I agree with a lot of the comments on here.

I felt very triggered reading her story as it is similar to mine....I was manipulated by a boy two years older than myself in high school to have *** with him. I really, really liked him - it was a very powerful first love. And he would say things like "show me that you like me", "I need actions not words" regarding expressing my feelings to him. But I was convinced that I loved him and wanted to please him and be grown up / mature. I was 16 and he was 18. 

However, he was a boy too. Not a very nice boy but it was overall consensual. A lot more went on between the two of us that leaves me feeling a bit disgusted in how I was treated (we dated for six years...) but at the end of the day that is not ****** assault. He just wasn't a very nice person. 

And tbh, that is valid as well. I think we should teach young boys and girls not to pressure people to engage in ****** activity. it shouldn't be about "breaking someone in" (yuck!) or someone being the Leader in the ****** activity. Cause yes, even if it's consensual it leaves young men and women with these horrible, shameful feelings of their first experiences.

I usually say if you are questioning whether it was assault/**** or not, something is wrong. Something was not right with that encounter. And whether or not it can stand up in court it needs to be explored about why it didn't feel right and what can change moving forward. I wish I had someone say that to me when I was younger......would've maybe saved me six years of torture. 

1 hour ago, bitbitboi said:

Somebody please tell him that that's not an apology, he actually needs to address someone. He's talking about his conduct and how he REGRETS it, but he's not apologising to anyone.

He literally apologized for his behavior. Y'all get so involved in celebrities personal lives and demand apologies when it doesn't even concern any of you lol this whole culture of demanding explanations and apologies from celebrities regarding their personal lives is sad. They make movies and music and they owe you nothing more outside of that. Same with Britney in the 2000s, people feel entitled to everything from them. You aren't.  He may have reached out to her personally, none of us know. Most importantly, its none of our business.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, kdub87 said:

He literally apologized for his behavior. Y'all get so involved in celebrities personal lives and demand apologies when it doesn't even concern any of you lol this whole culture of demanding explanations and apologies from celebrities regarding their personal lives is sad. They make movies and music and they owe you nothing more outside of that. Same with Britney in the 2000s, people feel entitled to everything from them. You aren't.  He may have reached out to her personally, none of us know. Most importantly, its none of our business.

Oh totally, I feel the same way, I'm with you, I'm just pointing out that the way he worded it is NOT an apology. This reminds me of when someone says "I love you" and the other person replies "me too" :haha:

I think it was totally consensual and then afterwords he ghosted her, she’s still bitter and wanted him to pay.

Its far too easy to hop on Twitter and accuse people of stuff like this with no REAL proof, the “evidence” she posted only proves she spoke and met with him - that’s all.

And everyone defending her because they think she was too scared to talk about it to the police because was too traumatised or whatever - if that was really the case - why on earth would you hop on social media and choose to tell millions of people? She literally would have had to tell like 1 or 2 professionals, instead she chose to tell the entire world because she thought that was “easier”? Completely nonsensical.

And then she removes her Twitter.

Nah, I’m calling bull**** on this once and for all.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block