Lady Antebellum changes name to Lady A. Problem is... it steals from a black singer who's gone by Lady A for 20 years (UPDATE: They're now suing her)

• Super Mods
9 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think Peter, Paul and Mary were a real trio though :orangu:

Ofc they were. 2000 years ago when Britney told them that Godney is real and she made them saints. That's why she has full copyrights on their names:demi:

I’m supporting the black singer Lady A. This band is in the wrong and they don’t want to admit it. Trying to silence and erase this independent black artist while attempting to say you’re not racist is quite backwards, don't you think? They’re done in my eyes. I’ll never support them after this 💩. Lady Antebellum should’ve done their research before announcing the name change. Don’t they have a legal team advising them?! And the nerve to sue HER?! Disgusting! 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, OnlyFacts said:

I’m supporting the black singer Lady A. This band is in the wrong and they don’t want to admit it. Trying to silence and erase this independent black artist while attempting to say you’re not racist is quite backwards, don't you think? They’re done in my eyes. I’ll never support them after this 💩. Lady Antebellum should’ve done their research before announcing the name change. Don’t they have a legal team advising them?! And the nerve to sue HER?! Disgusting! 

no one know that ***** even in her neighborhood :makeup:

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

no one know that ***** even in her neighborhood :makeup:

That might be true :weusay: BUT, she used the name first, therefore, they are in the wrong. Facts. They’re attempting to use their money and fame to silence this Black woman while claiming they aren’t racist. This is doing more damage to them than her 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
29 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

That might be true :weusay: BUT, she used the name first, therefore, they are in the wrong. Facts. They’re attempting to use their money and fame to silence this Black woman while claiming they aren’t racist. This is doing more damage to them than her 

so you are against the "queen b" post made by Britney on Instagram?

IQmq.gif

6 minutes ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

so you are against the "queen b" post made by Britney on Instagram?

IQmq.gif

I’ve known of Beyoncé as Queen Bey, tbh. I’ve known of Lil Kim as Queen Bee. If memory serves me correctly, Britney’s opening video for the circus tour she donned a corset that read “Queen B”. So, let’s not ☺️

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block