Carly Rae Jepsen should be where Taylor Swift is now

I think Carly is good. I do think she deserves way more fame and recognition. I don't know if she deserves to be in a position like Taylor's. Heck,I don't think Taylor deserves to be in the place Taylor has.🤷

Carly has some amazing songs. My problem with her is consistency. She has 5 great songs and 5 stupid ones that sound like a cheap jingle for a kiddie toy. I think this has been her issue and also that she doesn't have the typical "visually pop" image of there singers. Now, I agree, Taylor is one of those anomalies for me. Her music is pretty basic and pretty average (except for a few epic songs,most of her work is whatever). Her performance skills are not particularly appealing. I really don't understand her huge commercial success. 

• Like 1
Just now, Bigno said:

I think Carly is good. I do think she deserves way more fame and recognition. I don't know if she deserves to be in a position like Taylor's. Heck,I don't think Taylor deserves to be in the place Taylor has.🤷

Carly has some amazing songs. My problem with her is consistency. She has 5 great songs and 5 stupid ones that sound like a cheap jingle for a kiddie toy. I think this has been her issue and also that she doesn't have the typical "visually pop" image of there singers. Now, I agree, Taylor is one of those anomalies for me. Her music is pretty basic and pretty average (except for a few epic songs,most of her work is whatever). Her performance skills are not particularly appealing. I really don't understand her huge commercial success. 

Taylor is super overrated. Carly is extremely underrated.

On 6/4/2020 at 3:29 AM, CarlyRaeJepsenStan said:

Carly's music is much better. It's sad the GP can't see this. Taylor is a good songwriter during her country days but I find her pop music underwhelming. Carly is capable of better pop hooks and production than Taylor. Carly should be touring stadiums and sell millions of albums like Taylor. Life is a lottery and Carly lost this one I guess, very sad. 

E.MO.TION and E.MO.TION Side B are everything that 1989 aimed to achieve but failed.

Dedicated is much more better than Lover, which is a snoozefest.

crj-tay.jpg.ab646772b1c5da295cd423fa35191cae.jpg

I totally agree with u. Carly doesn’t has a big team back her up like Taylor does. All albums from her after Kiss are criminally underrated, Not even get a Grammy nomination. WTF??? No offense,1988 is a solid album, but it’s very overrated in many ways. As a Carly Huge fan, I had all of her vinyl records, trust me, those masterpiece records are more suitable to be played on a turntable. Only vinyls can serve the justice of 80s vibe. fail carly rae jepsen GIF by Testing 1, 2, 3Btw that was the cutest thing I never seen. 😂🤣😂🤣😂

• Love 1
On 6/5/2020 at 2:02 AM, SpearsSpearsBrit said:

Carly Rae is good, but it was a serious mistake to have targeted her to such a teenage audience at 26 years old, or at least they should have released Curiosity as a single !!

I agree with this point! Curiosity was a single (at least in Canada), but the video was deemed as too 'mature' from her newfound fame. I believe the general public wanted Jepsen to be a one-hit wonder, or at least target the teenagers (which was not the right thing to do). Who would have thought that "Call Me Maybe" would only be the beginning of such masterpieces such as E•MO•TION and Dedicated (only to be further surprised by Side B!). I still miss Tug Of War days, but who knows what will come next. Carly Rae Jepsen found her new love with the gays, and has become a strong ally for them.

While Jepsen may not have the success compared to Swift, she is still the answer to Pop music we never knew we needed. Thank goodness for our Canadian Pop Queen!

Like someone said, there's tons of talented artists that never make it as far as they deserve. It's a mixture of appeal & timing, Taylor was able to capitalize on that. I do think Taylor is a great songwriter in terms of being relatable but there's just something cringy about her personality / performances... IDK, to me she's awkward to watch perform as a 'pop star'. 

TBH I never listened to Carly's albums in full. Neither girls have a strong voice but I would say Carly is the better of the two. I used to work at a cafe in LA a lot of celebs came into, she came in the year after Call me Maybe boomed. She was soooo petite, ghost white, but SO polite. Completely down to earth and sweet. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AnthonyTalks2Much said:

Like someone said, there's tons of talented artists that never make it as far as they deserve. It's a mixture of appeal & timing, Taylor was able to capitalize on that. I do think Taylor is a great songwriter in terms of being relatable but there's just something cringy about her personality / performances... IDK, to me she's awkward to watch perform as a 'pop star'. 

TBH I never listened to Carly's albums in full. Neither girls have a strong voice but I would say Carly is the better of the two. I used to work at a cafe in LA a lot of celebs came into, she came in the year after Call me Maybe boomed. She was soooo petite, ghost white, but SO polite. Completely down to earth and sweet. 

I agree with you and yes, there is something cringy about Taylor's performances. 

I also think that, sadly, the "non pop-tartarized" looks of Carly didn't help. And her single choices were meh. Having amazing tracks in her records she chose.some stupid, silly songs.

• Love 1

She has made some great music I love EMOTION and Emotion the B Sides. I don't think she deserves to be where Taylor is. Taylor has her own magic and i love her music i feel like she gets better with time. Her image is impeccable and matches her music. If Carly isn't connecting or attaining a level of success then that's just it. Somethings not working. She's had success though. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block