Carly Rae Jepsen should be where Taylor Swift is now

Just now, ScooterScott86 said:

I haven’t listened to Lover! Refuse to even. My eardrums are nearly blown out from GOOD music, not lookin to make them bleed anytime soon. 

Good. You don't need to listen to that snoozefest. And her stans dare to say things like ''every track is so special'' whereas in reality Lover sounds like a collection of 18 Carly Rae Jepsen's demo rejects lol.  Carly is better.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, CarlyRaeJepsenStan said:

Good. You don't need to listen to that snoozefest. And her stans dare to say things like ''every track is so special'' whereas in reality Lover sounds like a collection of 18 Carly Rae Jepsen's demo rejects lol.  Carly is better.

Oh my lort! Shots fired shots fired! Ugh the Swifties forgive them their young and impressionable. Someday they’ll  grow to appreciate REAL musical talent. 

I think it was Tay’s stupid Grammy performance of Out Of The Woods was when I was like oh gawd this is so cringe and that’s when 1989 went to the bargain bin. She has zero presence.

Carly can perform in smaller venues and doesn’t have backup dancers but she owns the stage and you feel the energy in the room. That’s defining talent right there!

• Love 1

The people who say here that Tay's overrated is that they don't know pure talent.
 They would already love that their favorite had Taylor's discipline, elegance and mettle.
 Carly Rae is good, but it was a serious mistake to have targeted her to such a teenage audience at 26 years old, or at least they should have released Curiosity as a single !!

• Like 2
On 6/4/2020 at 5:16 PM, CarlyRaeJepsenStan said:

I agree with all of this. She does NOT deserve to be as big as she is. She also did NOT deserve to win album of the year for 1989, E.MO.TION should have won instead. 

Okay gurl saying someone shouldn’t deserve success and fame is not it and off the limit :holduplisten: just because Taylor is huge, doesn’t mean she doesn’t work hard. Look at her Americana documentary. 

• Like 3

As a musician I have to disagree. For example trying to replicate Taylor’s new live acoustic version of Cornelia Street is SUPER hard because of the crazy, intense and intentional strumming patterns she uses. Not to mention she wrote all the words and chose the chords. On Lover, some incredible lyrics stand out to me from False God and Cruel Summer. 

I also stan Carly

• Love 1

Your Right,  Carly Slay Jepsen Makes Bops, And Much Better Music Then Taylor.  The Problem Is, Carly Has Always Tried To Recreate The Success Of “Call Me Maybe”.  (Example Her Single  “I Really Like You”) And She Never Achieved.  Not To Mention,  Her Music Is To Juvenile For The Fact That She Is 34 Years Old.  She Singing About The Same Topics JoJo Siwa Sings About, You Can’t Be Taken Seriously If Your That Old And Your Music Is Like That.  Still, “Call Me Maybe” Is And Will Forever Be My  S_H_I_T :barbie:

On 6/4/2020 at 3:41 PM, ScooterScott86 said:

I haven’t listened to Lover! Refuse to even. My eardrums are nearly blown out from GOOD music, not lookin to make them bleed anytime soon. 
Oh, best part of ME is Brendon Urie! That man is a God.

YES I HAVE. have you listened to cornelia street? Lover is so good tbh. Lyrically it's amazing and the bridges are impressive. 

• Love 1
On 6/4/2020 at 2:30 PM, CarlyRaeJepsenStan said:

and, Taylor Swift needs to give her Grammy back to Carly. 1989 is a bland and basic album. E.MO.TION SIDE B is everything that Taylor WISHES she could make.

well, you mentioned several times that E.MO.TION is much better than 1989... for me, 1989 is one of the best pop albums from that year, but I'm not saying that E.MO.TION is bad because I never heard it. *opening spotify and taking a spin...*

• Like 2
On 6/4/2020 at 9:23 AM, ScooterScott86 said:

Carly has stated many times in interviews she chose to step back from the Call Me Maybe hype train to write less conventional music and work to her benefit.

I'd take this one step further and even say that if she WAS the huge success that Taylor Swift is we probably wouldn't have gotten albums like E.MO.TION or Dedicated ....I feel like she was stepping away from her mega-hit and focusing on just making something that she liked. So yeah thank god "I REALLY LIKE YOU", flopped. 

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, 1stopBopshop said:

I'd take this one step further and even say that if she WAS the huge success that Taylor Swift is we probably wouldn't have gotten albums like E.MO.TION or Dedicated ....I feel like she was stepping away from her mega-hit and focusing on just making something that she liked. So yeah thank god "I REALLY LIKE YOU", flopped. 

I really really really really like that assessment and I feel that’s so true. If she was chasing charts would be have crafted the masterpieces she has? I have to agree I don’t think so. 

but let’s be rihonest kween Carly needs more respect from the GP

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block