Carly Rae Jepsen should be where Taylor Swift is now

Carly's music is much better. It's sad the GP can't see this. Taylor is a good songwriter during her country days but I find her pop music underwhelming. Carly is capable of better pop hooks and production than Taylor. Carly should be touring stadiums and sell millions of albums like Taylor. Life is a lottery and Carly lost this one I guess, very sad.Β 

E.MO.TION and E.MO.TION Side B are everything that 1989 aimed to achieve but failed.

Dedicated is much more better than Lover, which is a snoozefest.

crj-tay.jpg.ab646772b1c5da295cd423fa35191cae.jpg

• Love 7

Well I mean most people make better music than Taylor, her music is so basic/childish, but a good amount of Carly’s music comes off as childish as well! I never got the obsession that some gays have for Carly, there’s just nothing special about her which is why she ended up a one hit wonder and not a huge star. She lacks that it factor and her music is very TargetΒ commercial if you know what I mean....

• Like 2
Just now, lustwecantcontrol said:

Well I mean most people make better music than Taylor, her music is so basic/childish, but a good amount of Carly’s music comes off as childish as well! I never got the obsession that some gays have for Carly, there’s just nothing special about her which is why she ended up a one hit wonder and not a huge star. She lacks that it factor and her music is very TargetΒ commercial if you know what I mean....

Taylor is so overrated. Her latest album ''Lover'' is so boring and basic.Β  I think gays love Carly because she is criminally underrated.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Carly has stated many times in interviews she chose to step back from the Call Me Maybe hype train to write less conventional music and work to her benefit. Which is why she did Cinderella on Broadway. And kinda disappeared until Emotion.

Carly ought to be huge. She makes incredibly good pop music. But I see her desire for anonymity. Which is fine, she’s got her gay Dedicated niche audience.Β 

• Love 1
Just now, ScooterScott86 said:

Carly has stated many times in interviews she chose to step back from the Call Me Maybe hype train to write less conventional music and work to her benefit. Which is why she did Cinderella on Broadway. And kinda disappeared until Emotion.

Carly ought to be huge. She makes incredibly good pop music. But I see her desire for anonymity. Which is fine, she’s got her gay Dedicated niche audience.Β 

Dedicated Tour grossed much more than Gimmie Love tour, which proved Carly gained a loyal cult following after E.MO.TIONΒ :makeitrain:

• Love 2

and, Taylor Swift needs to give her Grammy back to Carly. 1989 is a bland and basic album. E.MO.TION SIDE B is everything that Taylor WISHES she could make.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, CarlyRaeJepsenStan said:

Dedicated Tour grossed much more than Gimmie Love tour, which proved Carly gained a loyal cult following after E.MO.TIONΒ :makeitrain:

Both tours were exceptional! And good for her! I’m glad to see the growth in- between tours. It was nice chatting with a few people that were introduced to CRJ through friends, so it’s cool that there’s a word of mouth from others.Β 
She’s exceptionally talented and she’s all ours lol.

fingers crossed she does a like another Dedicated tour for side B 🀞🏼🀞🏼

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, CarlyRaeJepsenStan said:

and, Taylor Swift needs to give her Grammy back to Carly. 1989 is a bland and basic album. E.MO.TION SIDE B is everything that Taylor WISHES she could make.

You know her label bought that Scammy award. I mean seriously 1989 was a good album...how many years ago and only song Still enjoyableΒ presently is Style.Β 

• Like 1

Both tours were exceptional! And good for her! I’m glad to see the growth in- between tours. It was nice chatting with a few people that were introduced to CRJ through friends, so it’s cool that there’s a word of mouth from others.Β 
She’s exceptionally talented and she’s all ours lol.

fingers crossed she does a like another Dedicated tour for side B 🀞🏼🀞🏼

is she holding a q&A on reddit? can you send me the link?

You know her label bought that Scammy award. I mean seriously 1989 was a good album...how many years ago and only song Still enjoyableΒ presently is Style.Β 

the Grammy is just a popularity contest these days. 1989 is a snoozefest (though I admit I like Style, Blank Space and New Romantics). Still dislike Taylor because she is overrated though.

• Love 1

Have you listened to Lover? It is the WORST album. Forgettable, no hooks, no melodies, weak vocal. Dedicated is a better album in every aspect.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, CarlyRaeJepsenStan said:

the Grammy is just a popularity contest these days. 1989 is a snoozefest (though I admit I like Style, Blank Space and New Romantics). Still dislike Taylor because she is overrated though.

Yeah I agree! When were the Scammy’s good last decade I feel they’ve pandered to trends and rewarded abysmal music. When DJ Khalid performs on your program I mean check your quality control and fire your talent booking agents. Just sayin.

• Like 1
Just now, CarlyRaeJepsenStan said:

Have you listened to Lover? It is the WORST album. Forgettable, no hooks, no melodies, weak vocal. Dedicated is a better album in every aspect.

I haven’t listened to Lover! Refuse to even. My eardrums are nearly blown out from GOOD music, not lookin to make them bleed anytime soon.Β 
Oh, best part of ME is Brendon Urie! That man is a God.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block