Dua Lipa ‘Future Nostalgia’ Vs Lady Gaga ‘Chromatica’

Ive only listened to Chromatica once all the way through so far, so take that as you will. I love both, but I like Future Nostalgia more, although I always skip the last 2 songs (Good in Bed and BWBB). 

I love the clean 80s summer funk sound on FN, but I also love that Chromatica is basically Gaga’s Confessions on a Dance Floor or Femme Fatale. The album really takes you to a different place for like 45 min, whereas FN is only about a half hour when I skip the last 2 songs. I can see Chromatica growing on me to win out over FN, but for now, FN wins. 

• Love 5

@Urbanney, Future nostalgia has such a different sound for me. I really still love it. The disco vibes are so cool.

But Chromatica to me is starting to feel more polished. It feels like a piece of art, I can tell lady Gaga is 10 years down the line with this album. :unbothered: Once I sat down with my AirPods and listened to it in one place. It all just told me a story. It’s an album that sent me to a different place. it’s genuinely the first album from Gaga that I don’t skip any tracks. I love em all.

dua lipa I also skip the last 2 but it’s still a great record none the less and is really impressive for a sophomore effort :runga:

• Love 3

"Future Nostalgia" has more standout songs. Most of the songs on the album could've been singles. However, it's not as seamless. "Chromatica" literally flows like butter. It's so satisfying. And it has better songwriting and storytelling. :yeahhh: "Future Nostalgia" also has the upper hand because the genres Dua explored haven't been milked to death. Technically, "Chromatica" is an album influenced by 90s house, but I feel like we all became a bit too overexposed to this type of dance music in the early 2010s, so it sounds kind of generic in a lot of ways. :heresthetea: "Future Nostalgia" could've been 9 songs long, though. "Boys Will Be Boys" is not terrible, but it completely ruins the flow of the album. It sticks out like a sore thumb. "Good In Bed" is good, but it's not a '10/10' like the rest of the songs. These two keep the album from being a perfect '10/10':martini:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Future Nostalgia is the best pop album of the last 5 years. Chromatica is nowhere near it. The interludes on Chromatica are unnecessary. The production on the album is repetitive and often sounds like one long song. Also, Gaga’s vocals are strained and the features drown the album. Meanwhile, Dua’s album is clean, cohesive, the production is sleek. Future Nostalgia is the epitome of what a pop album needs to be, without taking itself too seriously. And that’s what ruins Gaga’s album - she takes it too seriously. Just my opinion 🤗 I’m sure I’ll get haters but oh well.

Friendly reminder that Election Day in the US is November 3rd. You can register to vote here https://www.usa.gov/register-to-vote

No I can see that too, I do think Dua lipa’s future nostalgia does have some tracks which for me ruin the vibe a bit. Good In bed and boys will be boys :wow:  Also I only really like physical love again and hallucinate... I did like Don’t start now but it was a radio hit. So I don’t play it anymore. I skip that song... :akii:

5 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Chromatica" literally flows like butter. It's so satisfying. And it has better songwriting and storytelling.

Yes that’s my favourite part about the album. :tiffanynod: I think I’m relating to the story telling, that’s probably the reason im swinging more to it. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, sullivanSP said:

No I can see that too, I do think Dua lipa’s future nostalgia does have some tracks which for me ruin the vibe a bit. Good In bed and boys will be boys :wow:  Also I only really like physical love again and hallucinate... I did like Don’t start now but it was a radio hit. So I don’t play it anymore. I skip that song... :akii:

I actually love boys will be boys lol. The only song I absolutely is ironically the title track lol. But pretty please and cool are MY FAVORITE!!!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

ironically the title track lol. But pretty please and cool are MY FAVORITE!!!

Yesss the title track I skip too, hmm I think I only listened to pretty please and cool once. I think a lot of people love cool. I’ll have to try with that one again :qtbrit:

19 minutes ago, sullivanSP said:

Yesss the title track I skip too, hmm I think I only listened to pretty please and cool once. I think a lot of people love cool. I’ll have to try with that one again :qtbrit:

WHAT?!! Oh my goodness! Pretty please is a masterpiece! And me being musically inclined I love the bassline, and when she says “slow it down” she literally slows the song down. It’s honestly the best produced song on the album. FN is better than any Gaga album and that’s facts. Gaga’s fame and fame monster were excellent, but she’s never delivered an album as cohesive and sleek as FN. 

Friendly reminder that Election Day in the US is November 3rd. You can register to vote here: https://www.usa.gov/register-to-vote

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, ScooterScott86 said:

But Gaga’s vocals on some songs eh it’s like she’s going full Xtina and needs to go softer vocally. 

My thoughts exactly and pretty much what I was saying in my comment above. Sometimes less is more...visually and vocally.

• Love 2

I'll praise Dua all effing day and her vocals sound like she's definitely connected emotionally to her songs (which I don't get on every song off Chromatica).

However I do like Chromatica more overall, if we exclude the interludes there isn't a single bad song on the album. (Yes there is filler, but it's not bad).

On Future Nostalgia I love Don't Start Now, Physical, Break My Heart, Love Again, Levitating, and Good In Bed. I like her first album a lot better though.

Chromatica might possibly be my favorite album from her, there isn't a single song I would have kicked out.

Rain On Me should have been the lead single and they deserve that #1. My other favorites are Sour Candy, 1000 Doves, Replay, 911, Fun Tonight, Babylon, and Alice.

In my opinion she definitely delivered on that dance album she promised and I hope she never strays too far again.

• Love 1

I don't know why but I can't conect with Dua for some reason, her bops are like... I listen to them hard for a month let's say, then I forget about it.

Chromatica for sure. I just need to find a way to delete Plastic Doll by hacking her spotify account or sth. Literally can't enjoy 911 because I know Plastic Doll is next and I need press the button to skip it. 

• Love 1

Chromatica has amazing songs. i wish Gaga made it like a 8-9song record instead of 16 songs. I feel like the 2nd half of the record I get bored ...

1.  Stupid Love 

2. Rain On Me 

3.  Fun Tonight 

4. Plastic Doll 

5. Free Woman 

6. Chromatica II 

7. 911 

8. Replay 

9. Enigma 

Chromatica though is a solid pop record but I feel like Future Nostalgia doesn’t have ONE SKIP and is fantastic pop music. I will have to go with Dua this time 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Chromatica is a good album, but Future Nostalgia is better. :tiffanynod:

Every song on Future Nostalgia sounds different, each song have CHORUS! Almost every chorus on Chromatica is just repeating few words/one word, ewww boring.
On Future Nostalgia I can hear Dua's passion and desire to be #1, and Gaga is starting to sound like she's tired of all the years in the business, like she's obliged to create #1, but it's nothing passionate and new for her. Just doing her job. If you know what I mean.
I'm not criticizing Gaga, just think there's nothing better than young artist who got a chance to be #1 (like young, prime Britney). :praisega:
After listening to whole Chromatica album, I can't remember any song except Stupid Love and Rain on Me.
Dua have better visuals, Physical is a better video than Rain on Me. On Physical there wasn't any green screen, just big studio, great set scene with all the colors, everything synchronized so well. Rain on Me is just green screen, nothing special to be honest. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block