• Content Curators
4 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Eartha you went through a whole reinvention :gloriascary: we stan :clicktina:

Rise up Lotus this is the beginning :fakecry:

I was gonna do a gender reveal party but, ot just didn't work out :fakecry:

• Haha 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

29 minutes ago, aleomg said:

LOL! I forgot about Papi. Azota baldosa is iconic. Please tell me you got yourself a papi azotando baldosa with that song.  :whiteladydance:

I think what she was trying to say is to "get low" hard so the ground shakes. With a big big booty like hers, she's the only one who can do that. :riha:

Oh I wish :yeahhh:

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, ABBADABADOO said:

Loveeeeeeee that song 

That Latin rhythm like salsa or merengue (IDK)  OMG! Yes :clap1:

That album was such a success in Latin America back then.. 

"Pero Me Acuerdo de Ti" was one of the ultimate breakup anthems back in those days. Even the non-single tracks were huge. :gloria:

"Si No Te Hubiera Conocido" served VOCALS. :blast: 

• Love 2
  • Content Curators
1 minute ago, Adriannn said:

#justiceforYourBody 

YES her best music video ever, well at least my fave. I remember when I first heard the song I loved it but I heard the version with the F word so I bought the explicit album thinking it would be explicit but they edited the song anyway I was so upset and annoyed.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Midnight said:

YES her best music video ever, well at least my fave. I remember when I first heard the song I loved it but I heard the version with the F word so I bought the explicit album thinking it would be explicit but they edited the song anyway I was so upset and annoyed.

Yes! The music video is sooo entertaining! Yeah I remember when rumors started floating about the song, I read a comment somewhere and it said the title of her new single would be **** your Body, but well. 

• Love 1

After read all comments above... yup guys you're right! She messed some lyrics up! I don't know if this was intentional from someone in her musical team or is that she didn't sing in spanish for a loooong time.

I've always stand for her doing spanish songs because she really nailed it with "Mi Reflejo" (My reflection) back in 2000 buuuut "Desnudate" didn't work from the pronuntiation... BUT THE MEANING AND THE RHYTHM  OMG!!! SO FREAKING HOT!

- Spanish speaker opinion x') LOL

hot jenna fischer GIF

• Love 2

I love this thread!
I was born and have lived in Argentina my whole life, and I'm currently studying Linguistics, so sit down and listen. :typing:

"Librase" is NOT a Spanish word, in any dialect. It was conjugated wrong. So don't try to find an explanation for it, because there isn't. And if "fetch" didn't happen, then I certainly won't allow this one to do either!!

The correct way to conjugate it, in THIS informal context (she's talking to a lover), is "libérate". And please spell it with the accent mark on the first e, because we use it in Spanish.
Maybe the mistake came from the formal way of saying it, "libérese" or "líbrese" (both are possible options). The last one is similar to what she sings, except for only one letter (she uses an a instead of an e). So that's where the mistake came from.

Something similar (a problem of register) happened with Britney's bop, "No seas cortés"... "Cortés"? What?? Who says that now... She should have sang "No seas amable", but that doesn't go with the rhythm of the song.

Anyway, I hated/hate some Spanish phrases in "Desnúdate" because they are so straight forward and dirty that they make me cringe, but at the same time I can totally imagine her singing that in English too... Xtina is super open and direct with her sexuality, please don't make me show the receipts.

But most importantly, she was F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C in "Mi Reflejo". I consider that album to be a classic in Latin music: It's beautifully done, and she speaks almost impeccably in Spanish.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
  • Content Curators
2 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

And if "fetch" didn't happen, then I certainly won't allow this one to do either!!

:didilie:

Exhaler ohmymy posted earlier and explained to me that the word does exist but that it was used wrong.

They wrote this and gave me a link to the Spanish dictionary I clicked it and yes the word is there but I also agree that she didn't use it correctly. 

Ready for the secret? Hehe. I only know because I remember searching this when the song came out. 

Liberar and librar are two different words. 

We commonly use "liberate" which is why it sounds so odd to us. I agree she should've used that one. BUT:

Liberate is the imperative form of liberar.

Librese is the imperative form of librar. (and I think this is the word she is actually saying in the song...not sure). 

Librase is a word but she would've used it incorrectly then. 

https://www.spanishdict.com/conjugate/liberate

https://www.spanishdict.com/conjugate/librarse

I’m not I’m even a native Spanish speaker and I understand it. Likely because I work in music

its a Spanish lyrical rhyme, so even if you’re not going to say it that way when you speak, you Get to say it so the song flows

“quitate la ropa, librase ahora“ She’s saying “remove your clothes...get rid of them now”

and why is anyone questioning is a girl with Spanish heritage and the name CHRISTINA AGUILERA (clearly a Spanish sounding name) knows any Spanish? She HAS to know some  that would be crazy not to

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block