Spanish speakers I have a question about Desnudate by Christina Aguilera

• Content Curators

In the song (which is a total bop) she says the word librase now when I first heard it I was like oh maybe she didn't pronounce it right and I just forgot about it but today I played the song again and I remembered, so I looked up the lyrics and yes indeed they spell it as librase. Now I've heard of liberate or perhaps she meant to say liberense. I looked it up on the spanish dictionary and I didn't find any results spelled that way.

Is that perhaps a way they use it in another latin country ? Anybody, is that a word ? Or is it incorrect ?

desnudate.jpg.6ab10d29aea90176f26f0dc38e6b0f52.jpg

• Love 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

4 hours ago, Midnight said:

In the song (which is a total bop) she says the word librase now when I first heard it I was like oh maybe she didn't pronounce it right and I just forgot about it but today I played the song again and I remembered, so I looked up the lyrics and yes indeed they spell it as librase. Now I've heard of liberate or perhaps she meant to say liberense. I looked it up on the spanish dictionary and I didn't find any results spelled that way.

Is that perhaps a way they use it in another latin country ? Anybody, is that a word ? Or is it incorrect ?

going to listen to that song for the first time (I didn't know its existence) just to answer your question. Hope I can help.

edit: K, so I just heard that part and I can confirm that "LIBRASE" word doesn't exist in Spanish. I think she tried to say LIBERATE in spanish but made a mistake in the pronunciation.

the chorus is:  QUITATE, LA ROPA = take off, your clothes. LIBERATE, AHORA = liberate yourself, now

• Like 4
  • Content Curators
1 hour ago, Fenixxx123 said:

going to listen to that song for the first time (I didn't know its existence) just to answer your question. Hope I can help.

edit: K, so I just heard that part and I can confirm that "LIBRASE" word doesn't exist in Spanish. I think she tried to say LIBERATE in spanish but made a mistake in the pronunciation.

the chorus is:  QUITATE, LA ROPA = take off, your clothes. LIBERATE, AHORA = liberate yourself, now

Yeah because when I looked up the lyrics they spelled it as librase so I believe that was the intention but is ultimately a mistake.

She probably used a bad translator :didilie:

• Haha 3

• Content Curators
1 minute ago, Fenixxx123 said:

The lyrics were hot tho

She said something "you make me wet":gimmemoar:

Yes I live for that song it's the best dance track on bionic the rest of the album is kinda sloppy but I highly recommend it, it has some amazing ballads. 

• Love 1

On 6/2/2020 at 12:30 AM, Midnight said:

On 6/2/2020 at 4:46 AM, Fenixxx123 said:

Spanish verbs are a bit complicated. I think she means "Libérate".

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Ofcoursenot said:

In spanish "Me tienes tan mojada" sounds SOOOOO baaaad!:o Really cringy

And with the word "Librase" we don't really use it that way:teigen:

That is the best part. c'mon. It's so funny how she pronounces "me tienes tan mojada". :shadelaugh:

• Haha 3
54 minutes ago, aleomg said:

That is the best part. c'mon. It's so funny how she pronounces "me tienes tan mojada". :shadelaugh:

:o most like "Me tienes tan mojaRa" :embarrassed: She knows spanish! And why nobody corrected her

49 minutes ago, aleomg said:

If you wanna win over a latin guy's heart and ****, you must say to him: Ay, DAMELO DURO! Me tienes tan mojada. :jj:

I forgot about "Damelo Duro" :orangu: no people, don't say that :ricackle:

• Haha 3
  • Content Curators
1 hour ago, aleomg said:

If you wanna win over a latin guy's heart and ****, you must say to him: Ay, DAMELO DURO! Me tienes tan mojada. :jj:

24 minutes ago, Ofcoursenot said:

:o most like "Me tienes tan mojaRa" :embarrassed: She knows spanish! And why nobody corrected her

:orangu: when she said DAMELO DURO :OMGney: it's so vulgar but it feels soooo good.

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Ofcoursenot said:

MOJARA! Exactly. She had better pronunciation when recording Mi Reflejo. :jl:

YES! Say it, guys. That's the best way to flirt with him. :hahaha:

• Haha 2
12 minutes ago, Midnight said:

:orangu: when she said DAMELO DURO :OMGney: it's so vulgar but it feels soooo good.

It is dirrty but it feels like heaven cuando te lo dan duro.  :whiteladydance: 

Cuando te lo dan duro = When they give it to you hard. (for non-spanish speakers). :liberatedaf:

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
  • Content Curators
3 minutes ago, aleomg said:

It is dirrty but it feels like heaven cuando te lo dan duro.  :whiteladydance: 

Cuando te lo dan duro = When they give it to you hard. (for non-spanish speakers). :liberatedaf:

:orangu: asi me gusta papi.  

• Haha 2

• Content Curators

Amarrame. No pares. :riha:

:haha: you know now that I think about it I wonder if Christina even knows what she sang ? 

Imagine If she sang that in English :blast:

:haha:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Midnight said:

:haha: you know now that I think about it I wonder if Christina even knows what she sang ? 

Imagine If she sang that in English :blast:

:haha:

That's what I was thinking. :shadelaugh:

I highly doubt she had acknowledge of what she was singing. She'd never record a song with those kind of lyrics in English. She was getting pranked and never knew it. :hahaha:

She went from "Ven Conmigo" to "Desnudate". :cackling:

• Haha 1
  • Content Curators

That's what I was thinking. :shadelaugh:

I highly doubt she had acknowledge of what she was singing. She'd never record a song with those kind of lyrics in English. She was getting pranked and never knew it. :hahaha:

She went from "Ven Conmigo" to "Desnudate". :cackling:

:tiffcackle: the writer was like, let me see what could be the most vulgar thing I can come up with so Chris can sing it. 

And on top of that let's use an incorrect word :haha:

• Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block