Rolling Stone Ranks "...Baby One More Time" as the Greatest Debut Single of All Time

42 minutes ago, holditagainstbritney said:

"One of those pop manifestos that announces a new sound, a new era, a new century. But most of all, a new star. Planet Earth, meet Britney Jean Spears, the 17-year-old pride of Kentwood, Louisiana. “…Baby One More Time” is an apocalyptic thunder-clap of a song, with Max Martin’s mega-boom production: The only detail he screwed up was the incredibly annoying ellipsis in the title. As Britney toldRolling Stone in 2000, she stayed up late the night before listening to Soft Cell’s “Tainted Love” (“What a **** song”) to get the growl she wanted. “I wanted my voice to be kind of rusty.” 

In the great tradition of debut singles, it was a divisive statement that drew a line between past and future. “So much attitude in that song,” Spears said. “I was so happy because there’s a lot of good songs out there, but it’s rare when you can take a song and really put your name all over it and put your personality into it.” With “…Baby One More Time,” this girl changed the sound of pop forever: It’s Britney, *****. Nothing was ever the same."

Article

giphy.gif9c49c9e2-7af1-4533-96f2-6406a808b96c.thumb.jpg.40d1f7085f4f9d989954b95152ea568e.jpg

featured!

GIF by Power Rangers

• Love 2

Of course they have! She would still be a legend today if that was the only song/video she ever put out she would have been the princess of one hit wonders haha get that recognition Brit Brit!! The sound that made her famous is returning so I am hoping for her magic to give us HER-Story (see what I did there?) ;) 

• Love 1
  • Like 1