Alleged video of Tom Daley making out with 16-year-old Tik Tok star is circulating

Jordan Miller

51 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Going on a bit of a tangent, and I’m probably going to get flack for this, but I’m tired of all these gay celebs poorly representing the LGBTQ+ community. I’m also tired of the hypersexuality within the gay community. I just want a healthy monogamous relationship and to be treated equally, so maybe I can have a white picket fence and maybe even kids one day. Situations like this where a gay man is in an open relationship or cheating and doing stuff with a 16yo old... I don’t want to be represented like this. If you want an open relationship or polyamory or to have an **** every weekend, I support you! That’s your freedom. Embrace it! But I’m tired of that seemingly being the face of our community.  It alienates people who might otherwise support us in getting our freedoms and it alienates me, who doesn’t identify with that subculture at all, from my own community. 

Yes! Yes! Yes! :meryl:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Going on a bit of a tangent, and I’m probably going to get flack for this, but I’m tired of all these gay celebs poorly representing the LGBTQ+ community. I’m also tired of the hypersexuality within the gay community. I just want a healthy monogamous relationship and to be treated equally, so maybe I can have a white picket fence and maybe even kids one day. Situations like this where a gay man is in an open relationship or cheating and doing stuff with a 16yo old... I don’t want to be represented like this. If you want an open relationship or polyamory or to have an **** every weekend, I support you! That’s your freedom. Embrace it! But I’m tired of that seemingly being the face of our community.  It alienates people who might otherwise support us in getting our freedoms and it alienates me, who doesn’t identify with that subculture at all, from my own community. 

THIS. Thankfully I’ve been in a monogamous relationship with my boyfriend for two years and we are very much on the same path. We want to get married eventually, have kids, a house. Based on MY experience, it’s very much the minority mindset in our community, but there are a lot of us who want this as well. :mhm:

58 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Pride parades are too sexualized as well. :donewithit:

• Leader
5 hours ago, Britneylandia said:

What’s even more gross is that he is married and has a child, cheaters are one of the most disgusting things in te world.

It could very well be something in and his partner both knew about and are ok with. Say he wasn't cheating... is it still gross that he's married with a kid?

To me, part that is questionable is that the dude was 16. 

• Leader
1 hour ago, Urbanney said:

I don't disagree, but also hookup culture and hyper-sexuality IS part of gay culture. I'm not convinced that's a bad thing. But I hear what you're saying and you make a lot of great valid points. 

Sorry to break it to you guys but 16 is not a child. 16 is an adolescent.

The difference is astronomical. A child has not gone through puberty. An adolescent has. Furthermore, an adolescent's brain has undergone development on account of the puberty that a child's has not.

A man's brain doesnt stop developing until his mid-20s. By your logic of ignoring the existense of adolescense, the law should forbid those under 25 of having *** because theyre still children and not capable of being responsible for their own actions.

Call Me By Your Name. The main couple- one is 17 the other is 24. The film was universally praised despite Army Hammer looking 30 and Julio looking like a teen.

I realize that the difference between 16 and 17 can be quite relevant. However, even if the 16 year old in question is two days before his 17th birthday, he'll still be called 16. The technical number doesnt mean much, and that brings me to my next point.

Maturity is fluid. There are 16 year olds who are already more mature than a lot of you are in your 20s. There are also 16 year olds who still seem more childish. It varies drastically.

A person's culture, circumstances, and life experiences shape their maturity. There are some 16 year olds who know what being homeless, fending for themselves on the street, or working a full time job is. Most probably dont. There are adolescents in many Asian and African countries who have to work hard just to support their families.

Likewise, there are many 16 year olds who are on the more mature side of their age. Some look and act like they're 20. Some are already fully ******** and developmentally mostly matured.

The amount of people in their 15th year of life who are mature enough to make decisions about their *** life is so tiny worldwide that they should certainly be protected by the law from things that may damage the beginning of their development.

Conversely, there are more than enough people who are in their 16th year of life who are quite mature and mostly developed to warrant the law to allow them to choose who to be involved with, if at all.

If this was ****, that would have been a different story. If this 16 year old were walking alone down the street and this celeb approached them making unwanted advances, that would have been a different story. But from what we know, this was entirely consentual and a 16 year old and a 25 year old have every right to choose whoever and whatever they want.

A parent may decide to block their adolescents from being exposed to this side of the world until a little later in life, so long as theyre living under their roof. I know mine did. And thats certainly reasonable. I know thats how Ill raise my offspring as well.

But stop discounting that a 16 year old is usually developed enough to make his own decision on such a matter, and that he too bears responsibility. For all you know, this 16 year old is more mature than that 25 year old (and that very well may be the case considering what people say about him). Thats why the number is pretty irrelevant. Again, maturity is entirely fluid.

Also guys, its okay to think that 16 is too young based on yourself or 16 year olds who you know. But the whole world doesnt revolve around North America and Western Europe, and its incredibly ignorant to hold yourselves up on a pedestal for the highest moral authority worldwide while talking down to other people. Recognize that there are other cultures and other realities from the bubbles you may live in.

I don't know about this, I was 17 when I had my first experience with a guy that was 30 and I knew exactly what I was doing at that time. It was consensual and had feelings for each other. I was never pressured to do something I didn't want to.

So like some of you had said, a 16 year old already knows what's right and what's wrong ******** speaking. 

28 minutes ago, DonoDotto said:

Sorry to break it to you guys but 16 is not a child. 16 is an adolescent.

The difference is astronomical. A child has not gone through puberty. An adolescent has. Furthermore, an adolescent's brain has undergone development on account of the puberty that a child's has not.

A man's brain doesnt stop developing until his mid-20s. By your logic of ignoring the existense of adolescense, the law should forbid those under 25 of having *** because theyre still children and not capable of being responsible for their own actions.

Call Me By Your Name. The main couple- one is 17 the other is 24. The film was universally praised despite Army Hammer looking 30 and Julio looking like a teen.

I realize that the difference between 16 and 17 can be quite relevant. However, even if the 16 year old in question is two days before his 17th birthday, he'll still be called 16. The technical number doesnt mean much, and that brings me to my next point.

Maturity is fluid. There are 16 year olds who are already more mature than a lot of you are in your 20s. There are also 16 year olds who still seem more childish. It varies drastically.

A person's culture, circumstances, and life experiences shape their maturity. There are some 16 year olds who know what being homeless, fending for themselves on the street, or working a full time job is. Most probably dont. There are adolescents in many Asian and African countries who have to work hard just to support their families.

Likewise, there are many 16 year olds who are on the more mature side of their age. Some look and act like they're 20. Some are already fully ******** and developmentally mostly matured.

The amount of people in their 15th year of life who are mature enough to make decisions about their *** life is so tiny worldwide that they should certainly be protected by the law from things that may damage the beginning of their development.

Conversely, there are more than enough people who are in their 16th year of life who are quite mature and mostly developed to warrant the law to allow them to choose who to be involved with, if at all.

If this was ****, that would have been a different story. If this 16 year old were walking alone down the street and this celeb approached them making unwanted advances, that would have been a different story. But from what we know, this was entirely consentual and a 16 year old and a 30 year old have every right to choose whoever and whatever they want.

A parent may decide to block their adolescents from being exposed to this side of the world until a little later in life, so long as theyre living under their roof. I know mine did. And thats certainly reasonable. I know thats how Ill raise my offspring as well.

But stop discounting that a 16 year old is usually developed enough to make his own decision on such a matter, and that he too bears responsibility. For all you know, this 16 year old is more mature than that 30 year old (and that very well may be the case considering what people say about him). Thats why the number is pretty irrelevant. Again, maturity is entirely fluid.

Also guys, its okay to think that 16 is too young based on yourself or 16 year olds who you know. But the whole world doesnt revolve around North America and Western Europe, and its incredibly ignorant to hold yourselves up on a pedestal for the highest moral authority worldwide while talking down to other people. Recognize that there are other cultures and other realities from the bubbles you may live in.

Many people slammed that movie. I felt uncomfortable watching them together and I was a 24 year old at the time. Thus, I wouldn't say Tom is a ********* but the behavior in itself is predatory. 

Discussing maturity levels of people also shouldn't really be a topic - any kid having *** at 15 or 16 will claim they feel more mature for their age. I felt super mature at 16 or 17 and was an introvert that had a difficult time making friends in high school. Looking back I see myself actually being slightly depressed at that age but less mature in the sense of - I was super self-involved in accepting my orientation and sexuality that I was falling behind on many other life lessons. 

Otherwise I do agree with you - I don't think Tom should be "cancelled" for doing something consensual both parties wanted to do that would otherwise not be known if he wasn't a celebrity.

But it is still a predatory behavior that If I am to have kids I would absolutely try to protect my child from. 

45 minutes ago, deadcrocodiletears said:

no one is denying that a 16 year old is developed but once again, there is a power imbalance. they are mentally not at the same mental capacity and for you to discredit that to defend the actions of an adult and a legal minor irks me a bit.

please don't go on about cultural differences when half of you want to say the n-word amidst black people wanting to go against that. on that front, in many cultures it's fine to marry off a 12 year old. does that make it okay for the child? not really. 

Also while obviously we want to be compliant with respecting other cultures, maturity is not fluid under the legal system. This took place in America and nowhere else, so if it happened it is both morally incorrect and hyper ****** in the eyes of the law. it's not a message that should be sent to people. If we want equal rights, then we have to follow equal protocol. There is no such thing as gay years. And just because the 16 year old may have wanted it, there is a chance that in the future they will regret the decision and recognize it as a power imbalance in the future lmao. people like @CrazyButItFeelsAllright and @Urbanney, and myself do not want this kind of representation in the gay community. it's fine to be hyersexual, however if it's with a minor i don't think that's ever going to be okay, straight or gay. next. 

If this occured in America and if the age of consent there is 18, then by all means hes a legal minor. But 16 is the age of consent in most countries, and @JordanMiller has implied in the OP that this took place in the UK where age of consent is 16.

"They are mentally not at the same capacity"- again, by 16 its widely accepted that the age is no longer whats relevant- level of maturity is. And for all you know this 16 year old was more mature than that 25* year old. Theres no shortage of infantile men in their 30s.

Youre bringing up the n-word and its totally irrelevant in refuting what I wrote. Because Ive made it quite clear in the countless threads that youve posted about it that Ive personally never uttered the word and never will.

"Amidst black people wanting to go against that". On the one hand youre parading one people's experience as gospel and insisting everyone agree with you, on the other hand here you are entirely discounting the experiences of other people and cultures.

The 12 year old analogy is irrelevant because 12 year olds are still by all means children who have not yet entered puberty. And the correct term to define a matured person that involves him or herself with pre-puberty individuals is pe do philia. Pe do philia is universally not acceptable by the moral standards of nearly the entire world.

*edited, I thought he was 30, he's 25 apparently

Archived