So, Me and This Guy...

BrittonJeanSpears

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MAMA I'M IN LOVE WITH A CRIMINALLLL :jumpney:

On a serious note, love is a double edged sword. You're accepting his flaws along with his strengths.

Given the circumstances that we're in (and the fact that he's in jail), there's not much that we really can do right now with our potential partners and progressing the relationship.

Just take some time out for yourself, figure out what you want from life, and from a partner. Hopefully you'll gain more clarity.

But also, just because you love somebody, doesn't mean that they're always right for you. And you need to put yourself first.

Hope you figure it out xo

On 4/22/2020 at 3:44 PM, BrittonJeanSpears said:

That’s so LQ though. :angietea:

And where is the good sis @rik? I can’t even tag him.

On 4/23/2020 at 2:15 AM, BrittonJeanSpears said:

@deadcrocodiletears Rik, you ho. Why didn't you tell me you changed your username? I've been trying to tag you for the past page and a half. :lessons: 

He's gone, Buffy, and he's not coming back! :drag:

Did you miss his meltdown or what? :tina: 

On 4/21/2020 at 10:36 PM, Roxxy said:

Ok first of all I like that you trust your fellow Exhalers with your personal life. This is the kind of vibe I live for on Exhale. 💛

I say hard NO. I'm 31 and when I was your age, it was all love for me and I always saw the good in people even if they are self destructive. It's one thing if it's your family because you're stuck with them no matter what and I believe that blood is always thicker than water.

This is a relationship. You can control this. You can decide on this. And I say, decide not to. First of all, when you said he has a lot of baggage and has issues with self confidence - that's a big no in my book. It's so f ing exhausting to always reassure your partner that even if people look, they can't touch. At first it's cute, trust me. I did find it endearing at first. I found jealousy and being threatened of other guys cute. But if you're together for years and he still bugs you about it, it is exhausting. You wouldn't want to always force yourself to give a compliment just to protect his ego. His ego should be secure on his own. Also, i suggest not getting into a relationship with someone who will be a project for you. You were not born into this world to fix anybody but yourself and that is why I do not like the idea of Coldplay's Fix You because it romanticizes loving people who are problematic. And he's in jail. I'm not even talking about that per se. I have nothing against that. My point is, do you really want to put yourself through that? Going to jail to visit him when you have a choice of dating someone who is free and you can suck the hell of out his D whenever, wherever by Shakira? You do not want someone who doesn't love himself. I swear getting hung up on one guy is not worth it. I love you @BrittonJeanSpears and I really admire your courage. ezgif-2-b9502a805e77.jpg

that was cute and I was about to write something like that, u seem like a good person to be friends with.
so it looks like you want to fix his life, but do you know if he does? do you know if he is prepared to see his shadows? it's a painful and long process and a lot of people don't like to access it, and they end up making several mistakes during their lives, living blind, it's clear that he needs therapy, and in this relationship it looks like you're trying to transform him in something that he's not, you're in love with the idea of someone else. it is better to be just a friend, go slowly, your intentions are wonderful, the world would be better with people like that, but love yourself first, be sure to be a friend to him and always be clear with your intentions. :)

9 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Wait, what? :o Yes, I missed it. What happened? Is he ok? I need details.

I don't really know the details tbh. :eheeek: There was this messy thread from crocodiletears and while reading the comments I realised it was Rik. Then there were more messy threads of him saying he'll leave exhale and then one apologizing for the mess. Idk the background tho. :teigen:

16 hours ago, Sinned_88 said:

I don't really know the details tbh. :eheeek: There was this messy thread from crocodiletears and while reading the comments I realised it was Rik. Then there were more messy threads of him saying he'll leave exhale and then one apologizing for the mess. Idk the background tho. :teigen:

OMG my poor Canadian bby. I'm gonna miss him. :crying4: Can you link the threads? Maybe I can piece together what happened?

20 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

You know what curiosity does to a cat :imacat:

It kills them. Honestly, between Covid, a possible Trump re-election, and the Third War that will inevitably erupt due to ****** countries coming for North Korea's new female dictator (LBH, she'll deserve to be dragged but she'll be dragged for being female, not a dictator), death is not entirely unappealing right now. :angietea:

Honestly I would say go for it !:awyeah:

If you see that it starts to get too messy to handle just walk away, don't let yourself be dragged into bad stuff, but honestly you can give it a try. We never know, jail must be a life changing experience, I would say let's be here for him while he's in jail because he certainly not need someone to let him down right now, and then just date him a bit to see where he is now. You don't need to make a decision right now. Just be there while jail time and when he get out, see him again and you will see how's the situation then. It might not be a bad idea to give him a chance right now, just make sure to be safe.

Maybe he will serenade you with "I feel so free with you" :orly:

How long will he stay in jail ? :decisions:

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

That may be true, but he didn’t know I had feelings for him until recently. He just got released today, and I’m definitely going to have a heart to heart with him. :angietea:

I know what it is to love someone and to always find excuses  for the non-actions of the person.. Wish you luck :bwink:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived