Rank Dua Lipa's 'Future Nostalgia' Tracklist [UPDATED]

RadicalOptimism

So it’s been almost a week since we were blessed by the best album in a minute: Dua Lipa’s Future Nostalgia. This was incredibly hard for me since there isn’t a single track I skip when listening. It has Album of the Year written all over it and I’m very interested to see how you all rank the tracks from weakest to strongest :duadance: 

Here are mine:

11) Good In Bed

10) Boys Will Be Boys

9) Pretty Please

8) Future Nostalgia

7) Cool

6) Hallucinate

5) Love Again

4) Levitating

3) Physical

2) Break My Heart

1) Don’t Start Now 

STREAM FUTURE NOSTALGIA :duadance:

04/21/2020 so after listening to this iconic album hundreds upon hundreds of times I have recalculated my rankings. PS They’re all my favorites in their own special ways and I can’t remember the last time I’ve loved every track on an album like this 

11) Boys Will Be Boys

10) Pretty Please

9) Good In Bed

8) Future Nostalgia

7) Cool

6) Hallucinate

5) Don’t Start Now 

4) Physical

3) Levitating

2) Love Again

1) Break My Heart

Keep streaming Future Slayalgia and let’s pray for more iconic bops on the DELUXE

rank-dua.jpg

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AHHHHHHHH!!!!

:comingthru:

Ok I don't think this will be tough for me - like, I also do not skip any tracks - but I know very well which songs are my favorites. 💜🧡💛💖💚💙

1. Hallucinate
2. Love Again
3. Break My Heart
4. Future Nostalgia
5. Physical
6. Don't Start Now
7. Cool
8. Good in Bed
9. Levitating
10. Pretty Please
11. Boys Will Be Boys

1. Levitating
2. Love again
3. Break my heart
4. Pretty please
5. Future nostalgia
6. Cool / Hallucinate
7. Don't start now
8. Physical
9. Boys will be boys
10. Good in bed

DSN is actually top tier but I've just overplayed it so much over the past few months so the other songs are shining harder at the moment.

BMH was such a good single choice, the song's great enough on its own but that video just elevated it to the next level. Album of the year indeed :tysm:

My current ranking is:

1. "Levitating"
  2. "Hallucinate"
  3. "Break My Heart"
  4. "Cool"
  5. "Physical"
  6. "Don't Start Now"
  7. "Future Nostalgia"
  8. "Love Again"
  9. "Good In Bed"
  10. "Pretty Please"
  11. "Boys Will Be Boys"

I've noticed that some people (e.g. @iAlwaysSingLive) consider "Love Again" the best / one of the best song(s) on the album, but I don't really get it. Sure, it's really good, but nowhere near as good as other songs, in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, Shadow2003 said:

I've noticed that some people (e.g. @iAlwaysSingLive) consider "Love Again" the best / one of the best song(s) on the album, but I don't really get it. Sure, it's really good, but nowhere near as good as other songs, in my opinion.

IMO, it's the most different from all the good songs, and the strings just make me feel things. :pumped: I was hoping she would go ALL OUT with the retro theme, and "Love Again" is the most disco song on "Future Nostalgia". It sounds like something from "Confessions on a Dance Floor". :lollipop:

2 minutes ago, Shadow2003 said:

Really? I think that's "Hallucinate". I mean, compare it to "Future Lovers" off of COADF: they both have the same energetic Hi-NRG production. :mhm:

The verses definitely sound like a dance-floor anthem from "Confessions", but, IMO, the chorus goes into pretty generic dance music territory. Maybe I'm wrong, but the chorus doesn't sound disco at all to me. It sounds very current. :comingthru:

3 minutes ago, Arianna said:

1. Physical

2. Boys Will Be Boys

3. Break My Heart
4. Don’t Start Now

5. Love Again

6. Levitating

11. Good in Bed

havent really gotten into the others .. recommendations? 

Cool and Hallucinate are both really good and Future Nostalgia and Pretty Please are also good listens :duadance:

5 minutes ago, Arianna said:

1. Physical

2. Boys Will Be Boys

3. Break My Heart
4. Don’t Start Now

5. Love Again

6. Levitating

11. Good in Bed

havent really gotten into the others .. recommendations? 

Gurl, you gotta put Cool on repeat. :nyschool:

Other than that, pretty solid list. :nyschool:

10 hours ago, Roxxy said:

AHHHHHHHH!!!!

:comingthru:

Ok I don't think this will be tough for me - like, I also do not skip any tracks - but I know very well which songs are my favorites. 💜🧡💛💖💚💙

1. Hallucinate
2. Love Again
3. Break My Heart
4. Future Nostalgia
5. Physical
6. Don't Start Now
7. Cool
8. Good in Bed
9. Levitating
10. Pretty Please
11. Boys Will Be Boys

Flawless! This was me trying to come up with this list :wow: also I’m glad I’m seeing a pattern with people and their least two favorites :haha: her weakest tracks are tracks High Road wishes it had :mattafact:

7 hours ago, Barbie Spears said:

1. Levitating
2. Love again
3. Break my heart
4. Pretty please
5. Future nostalgia
6. Cool / Hallucinate
7. Don't start now
8. Physical
9. Boys will be boys
10. Good in bed

DSN is actually top tier but I've just overplayed it so much over the past few months so the other songs are shining harder at the moment.

BMH was such a good single choice, the song's great enough on its own but that video just elevated it to the next level. Album of the year indeed :tysm:

I had the same dilemma with DSN and thought it cliche to add it to my top, but it’s just so damn good and I’ve overplayed it so much that I’m still not tired of it :duadance: also she did so good choosing the singles but I wish BMH had been the second single before all of this corona mess :sobbing: 

3 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

My inner hipster / 'not like the other girls' energy always wants to put singles lower than they actually deserve. :gagasmile: Anyway, here goes:

1. Love Again
  2. Physical
  3. Cool
  4. Pretty Please
  5. Don't Start Now
  6. Levitating
  7. Hallucinate
  8. Break My Heart
  9. Future Nostalgia
  10. Good In Bed
  11. Boys Will Be Boys

All of the songs are 10/10 except for #10 and #11. :lollipop:

I’ve noticed a lot of people do that for Britney singles, but if they’re good, they’re good :duadance: I think she did amazing choosing her singles and because BMH was recently released I treated it like one of the non singles, but they’re all just so good I couldn’t ignore what monster tracks they are :mae: but Love Again is amazing and NEEDS to be a single :katybelt:

2 hours ago, Sinned_88 said:

1. Physical

2. Love Again

3. Cool

4. Hallucinate

5. Boys Will Be Boys

6. Break My Heart

7. Levitating

8. Don't Start Now

9. Future Nostalgia

10. Good In Bed

11. Pretty Please

I’m glad to see most of us share the same opinion for the weaker tracks but sad to see Don’t Slay Now so low :sobbing:

2 hours ago, Shadow2003 said:

My current ranking is:

1. "Levitating"
  2. "Hallucinate"
  3. "Break My Heart"
  4. "Cool"
  5. "Physical"
  6. "Don't Start Now"
  7. "Future Nostalgia"
  8. "Love Again"
  9. "Good In Bed"
  10. "Pretty Please"
  11. "Boys Will Be Boys"

Love Again is a bop and a half and needs to be a single :katybelt: I think I love it so much because it reminds me of another favorite of mines: ABBA’s Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight) and Madonna’s Hung Up :duadance: I remember when I first Madonnas track I didn’t know it was a sample at the time :haha:

Archived