Rank Dua Lipa's 'Future Nostalgia' Tracklist [UPDATED]

RadicalOptimism

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Because they’re the only reasons people know those songs :mattafact: and now you kickin and screamin a big toddlah :mattafact:

If she were to release a greatest hits medley of her features and just a 3 minute mashup of FEFE and Monster i'm here for it. :mattafact:

5 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Aw I wasn't a fan yet then. I became a fan during Roman Reloaded. :embarrassney: But I never once stumbled upon this song. Who is the artist?

Hers is one of the careers I was lucky to have been around with since the beginning (well commercial wise) with BedRock but yasss Roman Reloaded came for blood :mae:

11. boys will be boys - 6/10 - this is so out of place on the album in a way no other track is. it just doesn't sound at all like the rest. lyrically it's like a 5/10 (can someone get madonna circa What it Feels Like For a Girl to teach miss dua how to write feminism) and sonically it sticks out so weirdly. it doesn't have that crisp, funk-type sounding bass, it's tempo does not mesh well w the rest, etc. this could've worked as a disco ballad but as it is it sounds out of place

10. physical - 7.5/10 - literally A+ for the energy and her vocals are great here. i personally think it doesn't fit with most of the album though. it sounds more like 80's power pop/soft rock. it almost even reminds me of like a prayer in parts? obviously there are way easier comparisons but i just noticed that one whilst typing so. the rest of the album is very funky, atmospheric disco style music, this one is good but doesn't fit well and ive always loved the 70s far more than the 80s

9. love again - 7.7/10 - i like that this one strikes me as more time-independent (as in i can't peg it as easy to a time period) for the most part but she ties it together with the string arrangement, which brings it back to the disco era enough to be cohesive. it's one that i'm not in love with, but it's very good

8. future nostalgia - 8/10 - this one is wild, it could fairly easily be reworked into a full on synth-funk song and not even a pop song. i remember loving DSN, but once i heard this one i was like oh **** she's doing it. like it was so different for her, so fresh and unique. the sing speak is a cross of lily allen and kesha (with a $ sign), i like the recurring appearance of lily allen-reminiscent singing thru this album a lot

7. cool - 8.2/10 - this one veers away from the 70's style more than almost any other track (except BWBB), but it still blends well for some reason. this one strikes me as early 90's in a lot of ways. i think it sounds very sincere too which is refreshing when i feel like pop can be too self aware and intentional the past few years. vocals pop off too. it's already grown on me and jumped from third to last to the middle so i think it'll become one of my favs over the next year or so

6. hallucinate - 8.2/10 - cool may be overtaking this one tbh....it's a good song though and it sounds straight up like it could've been a leftover COADF track that dua purchased and rerecorded vocals for. just like COADF is a really good but not one of the best albums in madonna's discography imo, this track occupies a similar spot in this album ranking. love that pre chorus, sounds so euphoric

5. pretty please - 8.5/10 - miss Dual Peas is really good at emoting in music y'all, i'd never guess it from how stone faced she tends to be. she really, really sells the hook of the song and conveys the sense of ***** desperation in a restrained and effective way. some of the backing noises sounds like wii music too lol

4. dont start now - 9/10 - a classic, a classic....

3. break my heart - 9.2/10 - this is SO infectious and well done. it's very restrained i feel, yet still has so much power behind it. it sounds very clean to me. 

2. good in bed - 10/10 - yes idc if this song is polarizing and tilted towards more ppl hating it...i think it's perfect. the bass is absolutely INSANE sounding, it's so good, i feel like my boyfriend (he's a bass player) when i talk abt it because it's so good. i love the effects on whatever the piano sound is (idk if its a real piano or a synth or sum ****), it's such a warm sounding song, it's SO catchy, the lyrics are so coy and delivered amazingly, like fr this one is SO lily allen and i think everyone noticed it immediately, and that's a massive compliment coming from me bc i worshipped lily allen for a solid five years. 

1. levitating - 10/10 - this song is KILLER like from the first five seconds it sends you straight to space and you never come down til it ends. it's so amazing sounding. i've never done ecstasy but i imagine this is what ppl that take it think everything sounds :bop:

love love love this album, easily a solid 8.5/10 - 9/10. she truly lived up to expectations set by one kiss omg...the improvement from her first album is insane, this is also SO cohesive which to me is a mark of an artist.

3 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Hers is one of the careers I was lucky to have been around with since the beginning (well commercial wise) with BedRock but yasss Roman Reloaded came for blood :mae:

It's really her magnum opus. Those who say Pinkprint are fake fans. But I like that album a lot as well. :mattafact:

1 minute ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I see right thru themmmm :mattafact:

They be tellin us I Lied but name a Pinkprint bop better than Starships, Stupid ***, and Beez in the Trap? Name a better Pinkprint verse than Come On a Cone. You can't. :mattafact:

4 hours ago, NormaJeanSpears said:

11. boys will be boys - 6/10 - this is so out of place on the album in a way no other track is. it just doesn't sound at all like the rest. lyrically it's like a 5/10 (can someone get madonna circa What it Feels Like For a Girl to teach miss dua how to write feminism) and sonically it sticks out so weirdly. it doesn't have that crisp, funk-type sounding bass, it's tempo does not mesh well w the rest, etc. this could've worked as a disco ballad but as it is it sounds out of place

10. physical - 7.5/10 - literally A+ for the energy and her vocals are great here. i personally think it doesn't fit with most of the album though. it sounds more like 80's power pop/soft rock. it almost even reminds me of like a prayer in parts? obviously there are way easier comparisons but i just noticed that one whilst typing so. the rest of the album is very funky, atmospheric disco style music, this one is good but doesn't fit well and ive always loved the 70s far more than the 80s

9. love again - 7.7/10 - i like that this one strikes me as more time-independent (as in i can't peg it as easy to a time period) for the most part but she ties it together with the string arrangement, which brings it back to the disco era enough to be cohesive. it's one that i'm not in love with, but it's very good

8. future nostalgia - 8/10 - this one is wild, it could fairly easily be reworked into a full on synth-funk song and not even a pop song. i remember loving DSN, but once i heard this one i was like oh **** she's doing it. like it was so different for her, so fresh and unique. the sing speak is a cross of lily allen and kesha (with a $ sign), i like the recurring appearance of lily allen-reminiscent singing thru this album a lot

7. cool - 8.2/10 - this one veers away from the 70's style more than almost any other track (except BWBB), but it still blends well for some reason. this one strikes me as early 90's in a lot of ways. i think it sounds very sincere too which is refreshing when i feel like pop can be too self aware and intentional the past few years. vocals pop off too. it's already grown on me and jumped from third to last to the middle so i think it'll become one of my favs over the next year or so

6. hallucinate - 8.2/10 - cool may be overtaking this one tbh....it's a good song though and it sounds straight up like it could've been a leftover COADF track that dua purchased and rerecorded vocals for. just like COADF is a really good but not one of the best albums in madonna's discography imo, this track occupies a similar spot in this album ranking. love that pre chorus, sounds so euphoric

5. pretty please - 8.5/10 - miss Dual Peas is really good at emoting in music y'all, i'd never guess it from how stone faced she tends to be. she really, really sells the hook of the song and conveys the sense of ***** desperation in a restrained and effective way. some of the backing noises sounds like wii music too lol

4. dont start now - 9/10 - a classic, a classic....

3. break my heart - 9.2/10 - this is SO infectious and well done. it's very restrained i feel, yet still has so much power behind it. it sounds very clean to me. 

2. good in bed - 10/10 - yes idc if this song is polarizing and tilted towards more ppl hating it...i think it's perfect. the bass is absolutely INSANE sounding, it's so good, i feel like my boyfriend (he's a bass player) when i talk abt it because it's so good. i love the effects on whatever the piano sound is (idk if its a real piano or a synth or sum ****), it's such a warm sounding song, it's SO catchy, the lyrics are so coy and delivered amazingly, like fr this one is SO lily allen and i think everyone noticed it immediately, and that's a massive compliment coming from me bc i worshipped lily allen for a solid five years. 

1. levitating - 10/10 - this song is KILLER like from the first five seconds it sends you straight to space and you never come down til it ends. it's so amazing sounding. i've never done ecstasy but i imagine this is what ppl that take it think everything sounds :bop:

love love love this album, easily a solid 8.5/10 - 9/10. she truly lived up to expectations set by one kiss omg...the improvement from her first album is insane, this is also SO cohesive which to me is a mark of an artist.

Not you paying dust to some of the best songs on the album but you’re right this is a great album :duadance: I’ve been nonstop streaming :yesplease:

Archived