Dua Lipa's 'Future Nostalgia' predicted to debut at #5 in the US

35 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

She still slays and the music is amazing so I’ll just wait and see :mattafact:

Period. I hope she releases 8 singles to make up for the album not doing well on it's first week. I'm actually kinda worried now about it's longevity and consistency on the charts. If it doesn't stay afloat then they might have to end the era soon. We need to give justice to this era and we need to atleast do it via singles. 8 singles if you ask me. :mattafact:

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Period. I hope she releases 8 singles to make up for the album not doing well on it's first week. I'm actually kinda worried now about it's longevity and consistency on the charts. If it doesn't stay afloat then they might have to end the era soon. We need to give justice to this era and we need to atleast do it via singles. 8 singles if you ask me. :mattafact:

I feel like she's gonna pull a Beyoncé and release a video for each song. :mattafact:

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Sinned_88 said:

I feel like she's gonna pull a Beyoncé and release a video for each song. :mattafact:

Omg that would be awesome if she did that! :gobaby:

But i'm actually scared, like, now that the album didn't slay as much, what if the label loses interest in the album. :crying1:

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Omg that would be awesome if she did that! :gobaby:

But i'm actually scared, like, now that the album didn't slay as much, what if the label loses interest in the album. :crying1:

You're right. The videos for Physical and especially Break My Heart looked pretty expensive and we all know that record labels are all about them coins and not so much about the art. :mattafact:

But Dua seems really eager. She's already released 3 singles with accompanying videos before the album dropped and the album only has 11 tracks, so here's to hoping. :mattafact:

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Sinned_88 said:

You're right. The videos for Physical and especially Break My Heart looked pretty expensive and we all know that record labels are all about them coins and not so much about the art. :mattafact:

But Dua seems really eager. She's already released 3 singles with accompanying videos before the album dropped and the album only has 11 tracks, so here's to hoping. :mattafact:

I hope so. I will have a meltdown if Hallucinate won't have a music video, or... ok maybe not. But I will be really, really sad. :embarrassney:

• Like 1

i think levitating and cool would do the best in America. tbh i actually think physical was one of the least likely to do well in the US, i feel it runs in contrast to what is popular here for female musicians atm. it's too energetic and anthemic at the same time. i dont think boys will be boys (it's just kind of out of place and not very good and i can just tell it would get backlash from people), hallucinate (seems much more of a european single than an american one), good in bed (i adore this one but it sounds so british, i just don't see it taking off here), and future nostalgia (already been a promo single anyway so it's off the table) are tracks that would also do poorly in the US as singles. i think DSN will have good longevity, i foresee it eventually making it to 4-6x platinum down the line ala new rules. i think break my heart will do well, it just has certain traits that make me think it'll blow up in the US at some point. cool really feels like something that i could hear being played, like all over playlists and stuff this summer. levitating is just fantastic and infectious with the right blend of attributes, and it's already the most streamed non-single on the album (counting title track as a single), i think it could ****** back in europe but also do really well in the US and Canada. She should hold out on releasing any more singles til late May/early June. stuff is just not conducive in the US rn to trying to further a budding music career given what's going on. break my heart i could totally see on tik tok, so that would be neat if she could do some promotion with it but also somehow get it to blow up on tik tok as a way to substitute for the limitations the pandemic is putting on things.

I'd love to see this release schedule:

April-May - do anything possible under the current constraints to promote BMH, keep pushing DSN to maybe get it to number one

late May-June - if the pandemic is receding some by June, I would love to see Cool get a release here. it even has lyrics referencing summer coming

August or so - Levitating would be a great release here. I think the pandemic will be on the downswing by this point, i think this song timed right could blow up

Sometime in fall - Hallucinate could be a good single maybe for Europe, and she could test the waters doing that and maybe push for a US release if it happens to seem feasible. 

Winter - Good in Bed just because it would be the end of the cycle and i am obsessed with this song even though it would probably bomb stateside and ion know if it would do better in europe but i like it so i want this <3

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Roxxy said:

I’m out here doing my loop plays trying to save this era :mattafact:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block