Femme Fatale was her best album of the last decade but y’all ain’t ready for that conversation

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Theo04t said:

you forgot the ones of Gaga, Sophie, Kendrick Lamar, Nicki Minaj, Christina, sorry not sorry

You're right (well, maybe except for Xtina's Lotus, not sure if I'd consider that a 'best of the decade' album), but I didn't include them because I didn't want my list to be too long. :tbh:

2 hours ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Not you skipping over 

W5zqzRl.jpg

Hide contents

And no, I did mention "her" in the title meaning to just Britney :tbh:

Oop- I literally did not notice the "her" in the title, I'm sorry! :yesokay:

Also, I thought of including E•MO•TION, but my list was getting a bit long, so I didn't, but it's definitely up there! :brityes:

The problem with Glory was its horrible branding. A failed music video for the lead single, a scrapped album shoot, stupid love choreo. But ya'll, the content is there! Glorys' got bops! Vocals! Range and versatility! It's missing a proper ballad, but it's deserving of its own tour! Think of the possibilities! :yesplease: It was just very poorly packaged. Granted, it does not match the rawness and self-reflection of Blackout, but it's Britney at her best.  :gobaby: Justice for Glory and what it could have been.

8 minutes ago, Shadow2003 said:

Oop- I literally did not notice the "her" in the title, I'm sorry! :yesokay:

Also, I thought of including E•MO•TION, but my list was getting a bit long, so I didn't, but it's definitely up there! :brityes:

I think with just E•MO•TION and Body Talk, that would've been more than enough to show your range and taste in music. ❤

Just now, SuperRhaj said:

Granted, it does not match the rawness and self-reflection of Blackout, but it's Britney at her best.  :gobaby: Justice for Glory and what it could have been.

I totally agree that Glory deserves justice and is Brit at her best, but I'm not sure about the "rawness and self-reflection of Blackout". I think that description applies to In The Zone much more. Blackout is more dance-oriented, fun, but also quite robotic: I think those are its strengths.

29 minutes ago, Shadow2003 said:

I totally agree that Glory deserves justice and is Brit at her best, but I'm not sure about the "rawness and self-reflection of Blackout". I think that description applies to In The Zone much more. Blackout is more dance-oriented, fun, but also quite robotic: I think those are its strengths.

Whaaat :o Blackout is plenty self-reflective and raw. What about the lyrical revelations of Piece of Me? Why Should I Be Sad? Toy Soldier? When she cries at the end of Heaven on Earth... Don't get me wrong, I stan In The Zone but Blackout is authentic Britney magic.

9 minutes ago, SuperRhaj said:

Whaaat :o Blackout is plenty self-reflective and raw. What about the lyrical revelations of Piece of Me? Why Should I Be Sad? Toy Soldier? When she cries at the end of Heaven on Earth... Don't get me wrong, I stan In The Zone but Blackout is authentic Britney magic.

Well, you're not wrong there: Blackout is magic and does have some personal songs, but what I meant by "robotic" was not the lyrics, it was the singing: you can't deny that, on many songs, Britney sounds like a femmebot singing (I don't mean this in a bad way).

6 hours ago, SuperRhaj said:

The problem with Glory was its horrible branding. A failed music video for the lead single, a scrapped album shoot, stupid love choreo. But ya'll, the content is there! Glorys' got bops! Vocals! Range and versatility! It's missing a proper ballad, but it's deserving of its own tour! Think of the possibilities! :yesplease: It was just very poorly packaged. Granted, it does not match the rawness and self-reflection of Blackout, but it's Britney at her best.  :gobaby: Justice for Glory and what it could have been.

when will you all understand that branding /= quality. 

glory has the least replay value out of any britney album. i recently decided to give it another shot and realized how much the quality and content of the songs fell so short. again, like britney jean, it had potential to be a better body of work but the themes were so recycled. at least she delivered personality and vocals but other than that, it isn't anything special. 

3 hours ago, xkhingx said:

an album that did pretty good in the charts,4 HIT singles with music videos and a massive tour.

if that ain’t a decent era than idk what is 

Not to mention her most commercially consistent era. Literally, no other Britney era has had the consistency from lead to fourth single than Femme Fatale. The entire campaign - although not executed to perfection - was the best out of all 9 eras. To say it isn't decent is just being blindly loyal to your stan album. I'm a proud Britney stan and I know none of you bishes can hold a candle to my stan era because it was the peakest of all peaks but I won't be blind and say FF is not a decent era when it outpeaked all of my stan album's singles (atleast in the US where it matters the most) and out-metacritic-ed my stan album and outscored my stan album's Rolling Stone rating.

I'm not a fan of FF but I am hella proud of it's era because it's something we Britney stans can brag about. Difficult to get, and literally non of her peers have that. :donewithit:

Period. :bedtime:

Femme Fatale is actually a solid pop album. My only criticism is Britney's lack of involvement with the writing on the album (she only co-wrote one song) and the vocals in some parts. But asides from that, it's cohesive and has some very good pop songs. But I prefer Glory. Britney's involvement in the album, her artistic control and all of the different genres she experimented with - it helped made the album the amazing pop record that it is. I'm still forever pissed with the fact that only two singles were released from it when there was like six other songs on the album that could have been a hit.

8 minutes ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

FF was a catchy album but I don’t think it aged too well. It was basically just a generic pop album which could have been given to anyone and was over produced with no substance :ohi:

I kinda have to agree with you that it didn't age well. I still enjoy the album and think it's a solid body of work, but it was very 'of its time'. Whereas In the Zone, and Blackout still hold up well today - and I think Glory will in the years to come too.

Archived