Femme Fatale was her best album of the last decade but y’all ain’t ready for that conversation

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like FF, though I wish there was less Myah in it. It's not like BJ of course, but I can still hear a lot of Myah in Seal It With A Kiss for example.

And I don't really like Myah's vocals because she does that ridiculously cheap Britney imitation. Girl....:umwtf:

@Shadow2003 :qtbrit: I think he means just with Britney and not with the others. Hehe.

It's her best era but not her best album of the 2010s. :mhm:

While I agree that having more creative control doesn't mean it's her best, Glory really is far superior sound-wise and as far as artistry is concerned. However, I do believe Femme Fatale is superior on it's production but Glory just is the better album overall.

Glory appears on various year/decade end lists something Femme Fatale doesn't have despite all it's commercial success. We all have different tastes but that should be enough validation why Glory is the superior album. 

:bedtime:

I respect your opinion. FF is a solid, cohesive album, but it’s very limited. The entire album is one mood, so if you’re not in that mood, it doesn’t work. Also, it’s basically a Dr. Luke/Max Martin album featuring Britney imo. The lyrics were not relatable to her life at the time whatsoever, she barely wrote any of it, even her vocals were subdued and edited to the max. It’s just very shallow to me and it didn’t age well imo, but it’s great for the gym or for summertime. 

2 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

Glory is better in creativity but FF had a bunch of hits/potential hits whereas Glory didn't have a single song that seemed like it could have been a great hit

Exactly this. Nothing but this. FF could have had over 5 singles and all would've smashed if it wanted. But they went ahead with Criminal and ended the era with zero promo when Jive dissolved halfway through so 🤡

1 hour ago, Shadow2003 said:

Best album OF THE ENTIRE LAST DECADE? Not when these exist:

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania: dangerous woman vinylZnalezione obrazy dla zapytania: adam lambert the original highZnalezione obrazy dla zapytania: britney spears glory itunesZnalezione obrazy dla zapytania: melanie martinez crybaby albumZnalezione obrazy dla zapytania: charli xcxZnalezione obrazy dla zapytania: marina and the diamonds electra heartbodytalk.jpgZnalezione obrazy dla zapytania: tove lo lady wood cover

Femme Fatale is good for what it is: a dance record. It's fun, good for the club, but nothing too special. :mhm:

you forgot the ones of Gaga, Sophie, Kendrick Lamar, Nicki Minaj, Christina, sorry not sorry

Archived