“(You Drive Me) Crazy” 20th anniversary

Miss_R

CrazyUBSingle_282429.jpg

"(You Drive Me) Crazy" is a song recorded by Britney for her debut studio album, ...Baby One More Time (1999). Written and produced by Max Martin, Per Magnusson and David Kreuger with additional writing by Jörgen Elofssonand remix by Martin and Rami Yacoub, it was released as the album's third single on August 21, 1999 by Jive Records. It was a commercial success and peaked inside the top ten on the singles charts of seventeen countries.          

She recorded the vocals for the song in March 1998, at Cheiron Studios in Stockholm, Sweden. 

23.png

The song's accompanying music video (using the Stop! Remix) was directed by Nigel **** and filmed on June 14 and 15, 1999 at the AES Power Station in Redondo Beach, California. 

On August 24, 1999, the music video debuted at number four on “Total Request Live”. It is the longest running by a female artist on TRL, staying on the top ten for 73 days. The video was nominated on the category of Best Dance Video on the 2000 MTV Video Music Awards; it lost, however, to Jennifer Lopez's "Waiting for Tonight”. 

tumblr_owawz43sPc1tw89w1o2_250.gif

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Miss_R said:

On August 24, 1999, the music video debuted at number four on “Total Request Live”. It is the longest running by a female artist on TRL, staying on the top ten for 73 days.

Where did you find this info? Can we see it for every Britney music video? I wanna see those TRL top 10 charts, please, if you can send a link or something:yesplease:

Also, I would add that Crazy was the best-selling single worldwide in week 49 of the year 1999, so it reached #1 on the Global chart (with December 11, 1999 as a date). It was Britney's second single to top the chart, after BOMT did it for 8 weeks (Sometimes reached "only" #5). 

Worldwide smash indeed:clap1:

2 hours ago, Lil Jay said:

Where did you find this info? Can we see it for every Britney music video? I wanna see those TRL top 10 charts, please, if you can send a link or something:yesplease:

I found it here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/(You_Drive_Me)_Crazy

And it is also here: 

https://books.google.com/books?id=T1dwDwAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&hl=fi&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false 

Archived