Hedwig and the angry inch creator slams Britney

Puppy

• Super Mods
6 hours ago, f**knfurter said:

So he's one of the ones who believes Judy's death helped escalate emotions at the riots. Funny, bc one of the guys who was actually at Stonewall thinks it's bullshit.

That said, it's not his place to decide who looks up to who. If he prefers more outspoken, active figures, that's him. If another gay prefers looking up to Britney or Gaga, they can. Hell, the older figures can still be admired, too. It's called the internet.

I was gonna just move on and just conclude that he’s just not a Britney fan and just a bitter old queen that is stuck in his time period but when he mentioned the Judy garland thing, that’s when I knew he’s  a delusional fan just like the beehive believing Beyoncé is God. It’s a slap in the face for both Britney and Gaga who have done stuff for the community. Is he to tell all the gay millennials that they can’t like Britney Spears because she doesn’t fit the gay icon criteria? 

Maybe he’s just jealous that she’s prettier than him no matter how much drag make up he puts on. 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I think this is false because Britney’e music is timeless. You can still listen to it today and it’s so unique to her. It’s not some trend of the moment that lasted for a little while and died down. It’s her own style and her own sound. And she did change the music industry and the world and delivered some of the most iconic pop culture moments to this day. With a career of over 20 years, still being out there and doing that well is a big accomplishement. That’s what an icon is. Period.

3 hours ago, SkinnyAsANeedle said:

You’re a Madonna stan I see. 

Imagine your fav having the biggest second week drop of all time :airpls:

where the **** is the madonna hate coming from :awkblink:

do we suddenly care about charts? imagine glory not even reaching #2, what a flop :britlol:

britney stans her, mariah and janet, there's no reason to shade madonna :bigtime:

On 7/5/2019 at 10:21 AM, f**knfurter said:

So he's one of the ones who believes Judy's death helped escalate emotions at the riots. Funny, bc one of the guys who was actually at Stonewall thinks it's bullshit.

That said, it's not his place to decide who looks up to who. If he prefers more outspoken, active figures, that's him. If another gay prefers looking up to Britney or Gaga, they can. Hell, the older figures can still be admired, too. It's called the internet.

MTE. There are many reasons why we choose our icons. At the end of the day, a diverse "comunity" needs different types of icons, and Britney represents a lot of us. Same thing for Gaga, who has done a lot. 

I admire his work, though. Hedwig is a masterpiece. 

And who is he?  Can people like him literally just keep her name out of their conversations?  Everyone always bringing her up and saying bad things. Geez leave her alone!  If you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all.  Poor Britney no wonder her confidence is low when everyone constantly picks her apart all the time:crying1:

There are PLENTY of queens who were there that said they met at stonewall to celebrate Judy’s life and I genuinely feel emotions were high and if she didn’t play a big part she played some part to it all. It’s not a coincidence. Anyway blah blah blah everyone already said what I would about Britney. 

What a time to be queer:makesomenoise:when we are so blessed that we can start dismissing our straight allies. How quickly we forget that Madonna stood by us, hugging dying AIDS patients when even their partners were afraid to, during a time when the AIDs crisis was referred to as the "Gay Cancer" and Gods punishment on us so anyone even affiliated with us would be struck down by it. 

And FYI... Saying Madonna (who btw does in fact write her own music) is a user when you just got your first major headline purely because you used her name is pretty f**king ironic :nyschool:

Archived