Why is F. U. C. K. Me sooo underrated among the fans

Lil Jay

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, David Rose said:

Don't get me wrong I love the song, but it's not THAT "brilliant" lyrically, the pun doesn't even make grammatical sense in the context of the lyrics. Let's not act like its some masterpiece of songwriting.

:rlynow:

If it weren’t for being restricted to nighttime radio only I think it would have been a huge hit. Everyone I knew who had heard the song loved it and the controversy was there. The GP won’t remember it much of course though because it was never really promoted much, the radio “ban”, and the fact that it’s over 10 yrs old at this point. 

I don't think it's underrated. It's a good song with a great video and quite clever lyrics. But I'm not really a fan of Max Martin songs post the Britney album... I think there's a reason Britney didn't want to work with him on ITZ and Blackout.

1 hour ago, DirtyMind said:

It’s a great song (definitely one of her best post-comeback), and the video is so underrated.  That radio edit was trash, though- it ruined the double entendre and then the lyrics made even less sense than usual. 

And what that radio edit sounds like? Are there lyrics changed or what? 

On 5/25/2019 at 6:58 AM, David Rose said:

Don't get me wrong I love the song, but it's not THAT "brilliant" lyrically, the pun doesn't even make grammatical sense in the context of the lyrics. Let's not act like its some masterpiece of songwriting.

This. 
It's not that clever since the song didn't leave much except for the pun.

Archived