Why is F. U. C. K. Me sooo underrated among the fans

Lil Jay

I'm talking about If U Seek Amy.

I'm sure nobody hates it, but why more fans don't bring it up while talking about most iconic or best Britney songs? Like c'mon, that hidden message is BRILLIANTLY delivered and it's like the best thing ever in a song. Like, you can't make many songs clever like that. 

And despite that, the composition alone is brilliant even without hidden message (I study at Music academy and I learn about classical music and how their form is not 'just because' and we musicians appreciate when one motive or musical theme is used through every part of the song!) so that 'La la la' melody from the beggining is playing all over the song in the bass line, Idk why but that lifts the song on another level. 

And melody in chorus is brilliant, when it goes down using every tone of that minor key scale. It's very catchy. 

To sum up, this song is on many levels PERFECT, and I want you guys to realise it and don't always forgeting about it and just praising Circus or whatever... 

P. S. Sorry about bad english. 

EDIT. Obviously, I love the word 'brilliant' :yesokay:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DayvinDazone said:

EDIT: Also, she looked S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G in the music video :otears: That smudged eyeliner, the droopy eyes.... :airpls:

Ikr, I forgot to mention that but that's one of my favorite Britney looks. And at the end of first chorus and in the second verse she literally looks like 2000 VMAney. 

I’ve been scrolling exhale for years and years, never bothered to create an account until 2016 (flop fan I know).. and an infrequent poster. I’ve always thought the fan base doesn’t discuss the iconic track that is If U Seek Amy enough... but glad someone has today.

I remember the first time I played Circus through it immediately stood out! I thought THAT has to be a single. It seemed like from the sticker on the front of the physical album ‘featuring out from under’ it was going to be the third single... no thanks.

And then in comes IUSA as single #3. (Prayers answered) FYI not religious but the holy spearit delivered. 

The song is iconic. And the MV brings it to life... like she knew she had a banger on her hands. The attitude, the looks.

A M A Z I N G  

EqualTangibleBarnacle-size_restricted.gi

It is one of the high points of Circus and tbh there weren't many on that album :raven: 

It is absolutely not underrated. Everyone here appreciates it enough imo. When someone mentions Circus, the three songs that come to mind are Womanizer, Circus and If U Seek Amy. 

6 hours ago, DayvinDazone said:

EDIT #2: And Circus, the song, is generic

And so is the majority of the album :truthtea:

Archived