'I was surprised when she became a huge star all over the world but she was pushed into it. Lynne was very ambitious for her" - Britney's great-aunt

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, zxcvb said:

It's just unfortunate that her knee gave way because her dancing is what is supposed to remain today.

Britney hurt her knee doing a pirouette. Do you really think if her knee bothered her she would be doing as many pirouettes as she did in POM (more than any of her prime shows) or squat down as much?? Or wearing those heels?? The way she stomps around on them I can tell you that there is a lot of pressure on her knee, Also If her knee is so bad why is she tumbling in the gym or running/jumping rope to keep fit instead of doing something thats easier on the knees? Its been 15 years. Her knee is fine. Worst case she overworks herself in the gym every now and again like every other person on earth and it hurts after that.

If her knee problems are bad enough for her to not be able to dance properly she should cut out all of this

Spoiler

tumblr_owjtjh7W5r1tw89w1o3_1280.gif?w=60hammond-candid-britney-spears.jpgfbc70e3863a3eaf866dbabdcdd08f7d8.jpgbritney-spears-working-out-at-a-gym.jpgarticle-0-0211151200000578-818_468x682.jBritneyWorksItX17_468x583.jpgBritney-Spears:-Workout--06-662x828.jpg

origin-10326.jpgBritney-Spears-using-a-kettle-640x477.pnbritney-spears-3.jpgBritney-Spears-Workout-Routine.jpg3A80F2F600000578-0-image-m-32_147945953350102c4afd3f0b6877e7218ce8a4c2bc.jpgbritney-spears-performs-her-piece-of-me-

24 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

Britney hurt her knee doing a pirouette. Do you really think if her knee bothered her she would be doing as many pirouettes as she did in POM (more than any of her prime shows) or squat down as much?? Or wearing those heels?? The way she stomps around on them I can tell you that there is a lot of pressure on her knee, Also If her knee is so bad why is she tumbling in the gym or running/jumping rope to keep fit instead of doing something thats easier on the knees? Its been 15 years. Her knee is fine. Worst case she overworks herself in the gym every now and again like every other person on earth and it hurts after that.

If her knee problems are bad enough for her to not be able to dance properly she should cut out all of this

Hide contents

tumblr_owjtjh7W5r1tw89w1o3_1280.gif?w=60hammond-candid-britney-spears.jpgfbc70e3863a3eaf866dbabdcdd08f7d8.jpgbritney-spears-working-out-at-a-gym.jpgarticle-0-0211151200000578-818_468x682.jBritneyWorksItX17_468x583.jpgBritney-Spears:-Workout--06-662x828.jpg

origin-10326.jpgBritney-Spears-using-a-kettle-640x477.pnbritney-spears-3.jpgBritney-Spears-Workout-Routine.jpg3A80F2F600000578-0-image-m-32_147945953350102c4afd3f0b6877e7218ce8a4c2bc.jpgbritney-spears-performs-her-piece-of-me-

Exactly 

13 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

I wouldn't be suprised if this was accurate tbh cause Lynne does seem like she wanted Britney to be famous and didnt really look out for her best interest. She NEEDED her mom during the early years of her success yet she wasn't there! Maybe if she was, she wouldn't have been as taken advantaged of or manipulated

she had a very close family friend by her all the time and Lynne had 2 other kids. So either not let Brintey do it or drag the other 2 kids into it. :ineedthetruth:

2 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Can people stop attacking this old lady wtf:wontcry:

? Lol this was written 11 years ago when the woman was 80 years old. Is she still alive? I don’t think people are attacking her. It sounds like the critical commentary is toward Lynne. I’m sure Lynne wishes she would’ve handled things differently but hindsight is 20/20. Things are probably better between her and Britney now than it was those years ago so that’s good.?

This is how I see it: Britney showed from a very early age that she had potential and loved to perform, so Lynne took this as an opportunity to try and raise her to stardom in order to solve the family's problems with money (or she wanted to live a dream that she may have once had through her daughter. We know how stage-parents work).

I may be wrong, but I think I once heard that Jamie didn't support what Lynne was doing and thought it was too much for a kid.

If I'm honest I've never got good vibes from her in that aspect of Britney's life. And seeing that a relative is basically exposing her, it doesn't purify her image for me at all.

Show bizz Kids are pushed, no matter what others say. It is something that only we can understand cuz we know how was everything backstage and guys, it is not pretty. When we get older the truth comes a bit different and we have to work on our mental health to go on with a normal life. If the lady says that her Mother was pushing Brit, I believe it can be very possible. 

On 3/26/2019 at 6:31 PM, zxcvb said:

Everyone has a part to blame for what happened to Britney. But people need to understand: Britney's career in the 2000s was a stratergized MACHINE that happened to created great music, videos, performances etc...  I think Britney and Justin had feelings for each other, definitely but it was still a 100% PR relationship.

Even the K-Fed/Shar drama was strategized to keep Britney's name in the headlines.  After the divorce, Paris AND 2007 was designed (by her label) to keep her in the headlines.  It's just that it spiraled dangerously out of control in late/20007 early/2008 and took its toll on Britney.

We know that Britney's career was not necessarily based on true vocal talent for her success, therefore other things to make her 'last long' had to be used: videos, provocative performances, relationships, virginity etc...  It's just unfortunate that her knee gave way because her dancing is what is supposed to remain today.

couldn't agree more..

On 3/26/2019 at 4:31 PM, zxcvb said:

...  I think Britney and Justin had feelings for each other, definitely but it was still a 100% PR relationship.

Even the K-Fed/Shar drama was strategized to keep Britney's name in the headlines.  After the divorce, Paris AND 2007 was designed (by her label) to keep her in the headlines.  It's .

Are you serious.

jive were almost bust in 2007, they were hardly paying Paris Hilton to hang out with her. They were probably pissed off with her secret basement album Mona Lisa and the money they plowed into having Keri Hilson, Danja, others writing Blackout. Britney was turning upto record for ten minutes and driving off, the piece of me single being so heavily dubbed with Robyn’s original vocals is proof of that. The label weren’t supportive of her.

1 hour ago, chizwhiz said:

Are you serious.

jive were almost bust in 2007, they were hardly paying Paris Hilton to hang out with her. They were probably pissed off with her secret basement album Mona Lisa and the money they plowed into having Keri Hilson, Danja, others writing Blackout. Britney was turning upto record for ten minutes and driving off, the piece of me single being so heavily dubbed with Robyn’s original vocals is proof of that. The label weren’t supportive of her.

But there was an extra push for her to be in the public eye during 2005-2007.  The gimme more photographer alluded to this:

"...No, some lady. It was like her publicist. She was like ‘Would you wanna be in the video?’ And I’m like ‘Not really!’ [Laughs] I think my response wasn’t what she wanted to hear. I was like ‘Not really, unless you’re going to pay me a shitload of money. I’m good.’ [Britney] was super nice and humble, but she seemed super frazzled from all the people around her. I mean, it was pretty amazing and eye-opening. Just to be real: she’s not the most overtly talented musician or singer. Or she was, but when that dies out, there’s that outside push to get ’em to do crazy ****, or have drama to keep them interesting. It’s f**king horrible. She seemed normal. Everyone else seemed kind of vindictive. Ulterior motive. Not everybody, but I kinda got that vibe.

Did they say or do anything that made you feel some kind of way?

I think just being there was enough. She’s obviously gone through a bunch of stuff, and they have her in this video doing all this work on a long, hard day. She should be chilling somewhere and handling her life stuff. It was more like a vibe, and sort of seeing her just kind of seem — I hate to use the word “victim” — but almost kind of a…willing participant victim, I guess you could say. You know? You know what you’re signing up for when you get in this business for the most part, and then when you get in, it’s a different thing. Some people can handle it and some people can’t. There’s a lot of people who have nothing but dollar signs on their mind, so you’ve got to keep your circle small.

https://muumuse.com/2016/10/gimme-more-photos-set-interview-theo-hand-exclusive.html/

I don't think it was originally planned that way, but even the Kevin/Shar thing was used to keep her in the headlines, just like the Britney Justin-virginity thing kept people talking.  Retrospectively, I wasn't actually a fan/close follower of back of hers back in the early 2000s but other than awards show performances there is a reason I don't really recall anything else than non-stop talk about her virginity back then.  Those were the things that were talked about, not actually her music. (Even though she has a great discography/ great performer back then, but relationships, tabloid fodder was what was used to sell the music)

Archived