'I was surprised when she became a huge star all over the world but she was pushed into it. Lynne was very ambitious for her" - Britney's great-aunt

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cappycorn87 said:

They were really trying to push the narrative that Britney was forced into this.  Britney wanted this and have parents that support her

This is an old lady that happens to be Britney's relative, lived with Lynne for some time and visited Lynne when Britney was doing all auditions and starting to be on TV.

Its not like Britney's great aunt was always chasing the media wanting attention. Media probably seeked her when Britneys family records in London were discovered. And I bet she knows more about Lynne than we that never met her, let alone lived with her.

In all truthfulness I think Britney wanted this life. She was very confident and career driven from a young age and that’s evident in her performances and energy at that time. I think Lynne was just being a mother and giving her daughter that push. It obviously paid off. I think it would be unfair to say she was thrown into the lime light and even if she was she’d have given up years ago (and I’m talking way before her hreakdown). Britney wanted this :kiss:

6 hours ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

In all truthfulness I think Britney wanted this life. She was very confident and career driven from a young age and that’s evident in her performances and energy at that time. I think Lynne was just being a mother and giving her daughter that push. It obviously paid off. I think it would be unfair to say she was thrown into the lime light and even if she was she’d have given up years ago (and I’m talking way before her hreakdown). Britney wanted this :kiss:

I think both are true, it was Lynne's job to protect Britney and make sure she has as normal a life as possible, and a proper education.

Think of leaving neverland, it's extreme but the kids were ambitious, they wanted it and the mother facilitated while failing to protect their kids because they were blinded by the spotlight.

Yes Britney wanted it but it was Lynne's and Jamie's responsibility to do it properly and i think they might have failed along the way. 

Just now, janolapin said:

I think both are true, it was Lynne's job to protect Britney and make sure she has as normal a life as possible, and a proper education.

Think of leaving neverland, it's extreme but the kids were ambitious, they wanted it and the mother facilitated while failing to protect their kids because they were blinded by the spotlight.

Yes Britney wanted it but it was Lynne's responsibility to do it properly and i think she failed. 

You can want the best for your kids but you can’t protect them from the world and the industry. Remember the Spears’ had nothing. They had no money - they were poor and living in Louisiana. Of course they were going to jump at the prospect of fame. Britney built her mother a house! That would have been unheard of for them as a family. They wouldn’t have everything they have today. Yes Britney may not have had a mental breakdown but in the same respects they would still be poor and living a life trying to scrape by in the South. 

And also to be really honest the only person Britney has to be worried about now is her dad who milks her dry. In that respect then yes they have failed her in later life by putting money before their daughters best interests.

There's no blame to anyone.

Britney wanted to be like her idols but she was so young as a kid it's impossible to imagine the pressure and scrutiny that comes with fame. She saw the good sides of it and loved to perform, so yes she wanted it, but she didn't know what could come with that.

Lynne wanted to give her daughter every possible chance to develop her talents and chase her dreams, but she didn't know what could come with that either. She had a husband and two other kids to mother as well, and she trusted other grown-ups with the stuff that she knew nothing about. Nor she nor Jamie had been in entertainment.

Maybe sometimes Britney wanted to give up but she pushed her to follow her dreams. 

Your dreams change as you get older. Back then all Britney wanted to do is perform and be on the stage and shine, now what she dreams of is being a regular mom.

You could tell that Britney as a child and early in her career loved singing and dancing. She was passionate on her own. YOu cant force someone to be passionate and love what they do. I think she became fed up with it but I really think if she hadnt put her private life out there the way she did with Chaotic and had never gotten with Kfed and just taken a break after 2004, I think she would have come back with a lot of love and passion for music.

I think Lynne saw how much Britney loved singing and supported her the best way she could. I also think she was probably a bit naive about the whole thing like most celebrity parents are.

I think it’s a mixture of Britney wanting to be a star, Lynne seeing that Britney has star quality and they pushed each other to get their mutual goal. 

It’s just that once Britney’s career took off neither she nor Lynne (or the rest of the family) were prepared for the ride. In particular the negative side of fame. They loved the highs, meeting famous people, the money, the perks. But the dark side of fame is what they couldn’t handle. I don’t think most people are emotionally equipped for fame especially the level of fame Britney had. When the tide turns and the negativity ensues it’s a huge struggle for any person. 

And when you get into an industry like that- not yet knowing who you are as a person, coming from near-poverty and having an alcoholic parent and an enabling mom who sweeps all their problems under the rug, well it’s a recipe for disaster. I’m actually surprised Britney didn’t implode many years before she did. 

6 hours ago, ClaudiaDC said:

I think Britney really wanted it too! She used to be very ambitious too! I think every little girl in the world wants to be famous especially if you have a talent then she saw that fame isn’t always gold 

3 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

You could tell that Britney as a child and early in her career loved singing and dancing. She was passionate on her own. YOu cant force someone to be passionate and love what they do. I think she became fed up with it but I really think if she hadnt put her private life out there the way she did with Chaotic and had never gotten with Kfed and just taken a break after 2004, I think she would have come back with a lot of love and passion for music.

I think Lynne saw how much Britney loved singing and supported her the best way she could. I also think she was probably a bit naive about the whole thing like most celebrity parents are.

36 minutes ago, generation glory said:

I think it’s a mixture of Britney wanting to be a star, Lynne seeing that Britney has star quality and they pushed each other to get their mutual goal. 

It’s just that once Britney’s career took off neither she nor Lynne (or the rest of the family) were prepared for the ride. In particular the negative side of fame. They loved the highs, meeting famous people, the money, the perks. But the dark side of fame is what they couldn’t handle. I don’t think most people are emotionally equipped for fame especially the level of fame Britney had. When the tide turns and the negativity ensues it’s a huge struggle for any person. 

And when you get into an industry like that- not yet knowing who you are as a person, coming from near-poverty and having an alcoholic parent and an enabling mom who sweeps all their problems under the rug, well it’s a recipe for disaster. I’m actually surprised Britney didn’t implode many years before she did. 

Everyone has a part to blame for what happened to Britney. But people need to understand: Britney's career in the 2000s was a stratergized MACHINE that happened to created great music, videos, performances etc...  I think Britney and Justin had feelings for each other, definitely but it was still a 100% PR relationship.

Even the K-Fed/Shar drama was strategized to keep Britney's name in the headlines.  After the divorce, Paris AND 2007 was designed (by her label) to keep her in the headlines.  It's just that it spiraled dangerously out of control in late/20007 early/2008 and took its toll on Britney.

We know that Britney's career was not necessarily based on true vocal talent for her success, therefore other things to make her 'last long' had to be used: videos, provocative performances, relationships, virginity etc...  It's just unfortunate that her knee gave way because her dancing is what is supposed to remain today.

3 hours ago, zxcvb said:

Everyone has a part to blame for what happened to Britney. But people need to understand: Britney's career in the 2000s was a stratergized MACHINE that happened to created great music, videos, performances etc...  I think Britney and Justin had feelings for each other, definitely but it was still a 100% PR relationship.

Even the K-Fed/Shar drama was strategized to keep Britney's name in the headlines.  After the divorce, Paris AND 2007 was designed (by her label) to keep her in the headlines.  It's just that it spiraled dangerously out of control in late/20007 early/2008 and took its toll on Britney.

We know that Britney's career was not necessarily based on true vocal talent for her success, therefore other things to make her 'last long' had to be used: videos, provocative performances, relationships, virginity etc...  It's just unfortunate that her knee gave way because her dancing is what is supposed to remain today.

Mmm all VIPs’ ”private” life is statergised machine. Especially for POP stars. 

Look Madonna, JLO, Justin T, Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, Beyoncé and Jayz, Rihanna etc. 

Do you believe in Bee and Jayz wedding? The drama about the cheating? It just helped their works and songs. Do you believe  in Justin T wedding with Jessica? It’s obvious they show all that deep love for promoting his career and his imagine like a “lord”, a gentleman. We all know it’s not like he’s. Obviously there’s always some true things but everything is very studied. It’s not only for Britney. 

Now that Britney is becoming so protective with her personal life her big impact is low. If she starts to talk about Sam, make believe they are the perfect couple, that they are going to wedding and they create a sort of fairy tail and she realeses a song about her big love etc etc she will be on top again (obviously she must release a good album) but we know fame is like this. Everything is business 

6 hours ago, janolapin said:

Now you'll all bring that damn attention-seeking thing to make your points up, smh :ehno:

Archived