Forbes: "The Great Britney Spears Debate: Does she still need a conservator?"

enAC

If it’s still in place it’s very much so needed. My sister is in a similar comservership and i can tell you from experience if someone has been in one this long they are not getting out of it any time soon. She has to have some serious mental health issues to still be in it. Someone with substance abuse issues would’ve been out of this by now.  

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's pretty funny how Exhale always deleted lots of threads about this subject. and know Jordan is letting this topic stay on records more now. :bedtime: just saying.

good thing the press is being talkative about it. I hope Britney get's acknowledge and knows she has the support of everyone of us for her to be on her own, and make her life and financial decisions.

2 hours ago, nels64 said:

No she wouldn’t considering the conservatee is unable to just leave if they want to. They have to find separate money and battle it out in court as “their money” doesn’t belong to them. Especially if the conservator doesn’t want to relinquish control. 

You are really oversimplifying it. And we don’t know whether she’s stable enough or not...but if she TRULY is unable to control herself and is just being shoved into the spotlight during moments of clarity and the conservatorship IS necessary, then she shouldn’t be in the spotlight. 

No matter how you cut it, the conservatorship isn’t being used exactly as it should be and isn’t being used in Britney’s 100% best interest. 

At the beginning it made total sense...but even then she shouldn’t have been shoved on stage so fast. 

Conservatorships are often used, as the article states, for people with alzeimers or severe mental damage. Was it necessary to get her life back on track? Yes. It seems like it’s way over due to end tho. 

You’re right, definitely oversimplifying it.

What I mean is, if she wanted out of the conservatorship she would fight it, bring it to public and court and that is a massive factor in a conservatorship. It can’t be unwilling, she has to concede to be in one at the end of he day.

I disagree about it being abused to a huge extent. Britney likes making money. She has been nestled away in Vegas and really protected from the spotlight and promo circuit for 4 albums. Just because she can’t manage her own accounts and be trusted with large legal decisions doesn’t mean she can’t record songs and bop around on stage 2 hours a night, 4 weeks on, 3 weeks off in Vegas.

From what few interviews we get she openly says how making music and performing is literally just ‘fun’ now for her, if she didn’t have it what would she have? K-Fed still has full custody. Her career has been used to give her massive stability and something to focus on, which she again herself says she needs.

Looking back to 2007 and even as early as 2003: Britney can be irresponsible and fragile. People

manipulate the **** out of her. As much as we **** on Larry and co. Britney’s image HAS been rehabilitated. At a time the world HATED her. Sure no one thinks she’s a beast on stage like she used to be, but overall people are generally sympathetic towards her. At least compared to 2004-2007.

I can see why they wouldn’t risk her finances, public image, custody etc when someone else can take of those things.

2 hours ago, rik said:

this is a pretty fair point. I do however think that she should be able to gain more independence, even with the c-ship in place. part of me thinks that it genuinely will end when the boys turn 18... either that or sooner. 

So true, it very possibly would help. None of us really know, that’s for sure.

Britney Spears: Dominion confirmed. But joking aside

2 hours ago, GimmeBritney320 said:

You're right we can never officially know...but the only judgement I can make is by what we DO see of her...and that is her barely being able to answer extremely simple questions in interviews...her looking worried and disheveled pretty much anywhere we see her whether in candids or on stage. With what is actually presented of her...I would definitely not say she is a stable person. Maybe she is completely different behind the scenes? I don't think so though...

Are you forgetting 2016? If we're going just based on what we see, she was completely coherent and adjusted during the Glory promo. Even last year during her ET interview about Prerogative she seemed pretty normal. Yeah she looks a little disheveled when she goes to CVS or Old Navy but is that really indicative of someone's mental health? How would you look if paparazzi caught you in terrible lighting on a day you didn't want to be seen? Point is, none of us know how she really is but if we're judging based on just what we see, she seems as normal as someone of her celebrity could be

8 hours ago, nels64 said:

No she wouldn’t considering the conservatee is unable to just leave if they want to. They have to find separate money and battle it out in court as “their money” doesn’t belong to them. Especially if the conservator doesn’t want to relinquish control. 

You are really oversimplifying it. And we don’t know whether she’s stable enough or not...but if she TRULY is unable to control herself and is just being shoved into the spotlight during moments of clarity and the conservatorship IS necessary, then she shouldn’t be in the spotlight. 

No matter how you cut it, the conservatorship isn’t being used exactly as it should be and isn’t being used in Britney’s 100% best interest. 

At the beginning it made total sense...but even then she shouldn’t have been shoved on stage so fast. 

Conservatorships are often used, as the article states, for people with alzeimers or severe mental damage. Was it necessary to get her life back on track? Yes. It seems like it’s way over due to end tho. 

Exactly.  From what I remember, even if she wanted to, she cannot retain her own legal council because, well, conservatorship. It's ******. 

On a side note, I feel this conservatorship is the real reason behind this twitchy anxiety-ridden Britney we have today.   

Part of me wonders if the judge is getting a cut in exchange for keeping the conservatorship going.  Or maybe I watched too many soap operas growing up.

Unpopular opinion but I don't think Brit is mentally stable enough to handle her own life! and I'm not sure she ever will be. I have experience with severe mental illness in my own family and I know, I shouldn't make any assumptions about her well being, but from everything I've seen from her over the years, I really don't think she would be able to handle her own life right now and who knows if she ever will be able to do so! 

I don't mean that in a malicious way, I love Britney, but I think her mental health is far worse than she or her team ever let on. I think 2007 was just the absolute breaking point but if you followed her for her whole career you can see the signs that she struggled even in the beginning.

There shouldn't be any shame in mental illness and I know we all just want the best for her, but I don't think she would be able to function like a normal adult. I'm not even sure she ever had the kind of in depth therapy you need after such a break down, I just don't think she ever really dealt with her demons.

On 3/20/2019 at 12:02 PM, Hypnotherapy said:

You’re right, definitely oversimplifying it.

What I mean is, if she wanted out of the conservatorship she would fight it, bring it to public and court and that is a massive factor in a conservatorship. It can’t be unwilling, she has to concede to be in one at the end of he day.

I disagree about it being abused to a huge extent. Britney likes making money. She has been nestled away in Vegas and really protected from the spotlight and promo circuit for 4 albums. Just because she can’t manage her own accounts and be trusted with large legal decisions doesn’t mean she can’t record songs and bop around on stage 2 hours a night, 4 weeks on, 3 weeks off in Vegas.

From what few interviews we get she openly says how making music and performing is literally just ‘fun’ now for her, if she didn’t have it what would she have? K-Fed still has full custody. Her career has been used to give her massive stability and something to focus on, which she again herself says she needs.

Looking back to 2007 and even as early as 2003: Britney can be irresponsible and fragile. People

manipulate the **** out of her. As much as we **** on Larry and co. Britney’s image HAS been rehabilitated. At a time the world HATED her. Sure no one thinks she’s a beast on stage like she used to be, but overall people are generally sympathetic towards her. At least compared to 2004-2007.

I can see why they wouldn’t risk her finances, public image, custody etc when someone else can take of those things.

It's very possible that Britney may need the conservatorship for a variety of reasons and, like you said, the routine she's had may be great for her.  Here's the problem:

HER PERFORMING.

Enough is enough.  At best she should have announced a new residency a year from now or something like that.  That would have at least generated some level of anticipation as to what new things she could add.  You can't announce a show like this so close to the first one.

People are sympathetic but given the amounts of money she's paid, her performing abilities aren't-and shouldn't -be lost on people.

She HATES the media.  Nothing wrong with that.  But something has to give.  Even that House of Blues set had lots of charisma that just keeps getting deteriorated.

So we'll just have to see what the future holds regarding the conservatorship.  I don't know if she needs both.  But she should not have announced another residency so soon after the first one ended.

On 3/20/2019 at 2:09 PM, .: lucky :. said:

Britney Spears: Dominion confirmed. But joking aside

Are you forgetting 2016? If we're going just based on what we see, she was completely coherent and adjusted during the Glory promo. Even last year during her ET interview about Prerogative she seemed pretty normal. Yeah she looks a little disheveled when she goes to CVS or Old Navy but is that really indicative of someone's mental health? How would you look if paparazzi caught you in terrible lighting on a day you didn't want to be seen? Point is, none of us know how she really is but if we're judging based on just what we see, she seems as normal as someone of her celebrity could be

She isn’t consistent though. 2018 was a huge step back. Which may show something is going on for her drastic changes from one day to another. 

If Britney would have literally came back during Circus like her prime self she would literally have everyone saying the cship is a fraud but that isn’t the case. 

Archived