Robbie Williams Defends Britney's Meet & Greets

maquisl

I'm watching this live video by Robbie Williams and a fan ask him if he can hug him on his meet & greets, he says that there's no problem with that and mentions that for him it's funny when artist don't want to be touched. But then, someone mentions Britney and he's so sweet/good with her and don't attack her or criticizes her for doing that and says something like "would you like to be touched by stranger every single night? She doesn't like it and that's good". I think he's very sweet. This is a live he does with his fans though his official app, it's very relaxed and it's not the typical artist-fan interaction so he's not lying or trying to look good, he's being honest. And he's always been nice towards her, I remember an interview in 2006 where he said he lived near her house and every time he saw all the paparazzies following her, he wanted to defend her or something like that.

I know it's super random because he's not famous in the USA so many of you probably don't know him (yeah, I'm judging you :mj:) so you probably don't care about this but I think it's always interesting when another singer, who btw also does m&g but for free, talks about Brit and gives his honest opinion about her. Even more if it's about Brit's meet & greets because it's something she's always criticised for. I'm sure that any other artist would have criticized her in a "private" chat like this (Hi Katy :jj:). And also we don't have any news to post so I'm posting it anyway lol

He mentions her at 10:20 (or -1:03:08) and 10:35. I'm sorry for the long video but I don't know how to post an edited video here :ponderney:

https://www.facebook.com/RobbieWilliamsArg/videos/1108164339536381

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been a fan of Robbie for years so, LARRY, get me a Britney and Robbie duet. 

No, not the next Iggy, Robbie. As in Robbie Williams, LARRY. i might have typed this with Britney's voice in my head (from For The Record, when she's tired of waiting and is just annoyed and bugging Larry and he turns "Britney, play your game" i shall not play my game, Larry) :mcwave:

22 minutes ago, MyQueenBritney said:

No, he’s like the male Kylie Minogue. Extremely popular and successful in Europe, Australia etc but not known in America. 

I'm from Mexico and I've always known him. Of course he was never as successful again as when he released Rock DJ, but I still remember hearing news about him, like, when he had a baby or random stuff like that.

I always supposed he was famous in here, because he was famous in the US too, and so Kylie Minogue, but apparently we've been consuming European music (and Australian lol) directly from Europe all these years. 

Even when that boyband he was in returned a few years ago, their new videos were played a lot on VH1. 

52 minutes ago, Goku said:

Really? :tifflmao::tifflmao: It was a joke. Daily Mail always loves making a big deal of everything he says. :nyheadache: Plus, he's been sober for more than 10 years and always says that ***** and alcohol (sober for +20 years) are terrible. 

38 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

He's not famous in the US? :rude2me: 

Sadly, no. He made an US tour and released an album specially for them in 1999 and then Escapology had a little success but after that he never really tried. . I think that's because he always enjoyed having a place where he can live quietly without paparazzies following him 24/7 or fans asking for photos all the time. And he was pretty successful in Europe/SouthAmerica/Australia (and he's still doing pretty well) so he doesn't care anymore. I was really surprised when he announced the residency in Vegas.

26 minutes ago, Cigarettes&Cologne said:

remember he was supposed to duet with Britney in Vegas this year. scrapped :wontcry:

That was fake. We asked him about that on the app and he said that it wasn't true  but he loved the idea. And I think he said something like "Britney, if you're interested call me" :tiffsniffle: Larry needs to make it happen :otears:

19 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I'm from Mexico and I've always known him. Of course he was never as successful again as when he released Rock DJ, but I still remember hearing news about him, like, when he had a baby or random stuff like that.

I always supposed he was famous in here, because he was famous in the US too, and so Kylie Minogue, but apparently we've been consuming European music (and Australian lol) directly from Europe all these years. 

Even when that boyband he was in returned a few years ago, their new videos were played a lot on VH1. 

Back then he and his team were really smart and promoted him properly in Latin America. He's the best selling european artist here in Latin America or at least it was a few years ago. It was crazy. I never really understood why he didnt achieve fame in the USA :ponderney:

Archived