The hiatus is the best thing britney team could do, but it’s also dangerous

JP9101

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that there will always be a small group of fans that will always be there for Britney. I think I’ll always love her tbh :hiii:

However she/her team really need to play the next era right if they want to extend milking her music. She needs a few solid hits to keep up. Surely they know this :yesplease:

If they don’t, I think she’ll continue to make even less impact and have less opportunity to keep marketing a 20 year legacy show and selling tickets (which is the only way to make good money for artists these days). 

I'm not expecting much ever again from Britney honestly.  After seeing her on the POM tour this past summer, it finally hit me that the Britney I grew up loving is gone.  It was still exciting seeing her and singing along to the music, but she just doesn't have the fire anymore.  Last time she had it was during the Circus era rehearsals when Andre pointed it out, but I think she was burnt out after the Circus tour and just hasn't been the same since.  I know she's had her better moments the past few years but nothing compares to the rhythm and energy she had again back in 2008 for a short time.  I'll just appreciate any music she puts out now at this point.  I will always love her but her best times were from 1999-2004.  We've experienced the best years a pop star could ever dream of having.  Her success and talent was untouchable and still has yet to be matched in my opinion.  I don't care how many awards Beyonce or Gaga have, the phenomenon that was Britney Spears from 1999-2004 will never be matched.  She was bigger than Madonna even in my eyes, Britney's instant success was just completely mind blowing when you look back at it.  I don't know where I am going with this and this is totally off topic now but.....oops! LOL

+It all comes down to what her team makes her do now basically so, again...not going to expect much.  They aren't going to push her to try to be like her old self like everyone wishes for...

Honestly besides a few on here and some on Twitter. No one really cares or are dying for new Britney music. Unfortunately Britney has let so much slip by and others have taken her place. Blame it on whatever but it’s true. 

This is what Britney wants though...I’m happy for her. Obviously I want new music but if she doesn’t care than this is what is best. 

If she decided to put all she has into one good project she can make a huge comeback, she says she's been here the whole time but sis, nobody knew you put out an album with britney jean and glory.
I think in this industry timing is everything, i think that is why rihanna had such success every time she releases an album she is the only major female artist to release.
Lets face it she doesn't have the selling power anymore, so they should have to be strategic about the releases. 
If she pull a Beyonce with a surprise release, she has to have the shock factor to attract the general audience 

1 hour ago, Spearsfan said:

Honestly besides a few on here and some on Twitter. No one really cares or are dying for new Britney music. Unfortunately Britney has let so much slip by and others have taken her place. Blame it on whatever but it’s true. 

This is what Britney wants though...I’m happy for her. Obviously I want new music but if she doesn’t care than this is what is best. 

so freaking true! i wish she would took notes from beyonce or simple call her up. That woman basically does the thing she loves, puts all of herself into the projects and generates huge amount of money which obviously pleases her and the lifestyle

In order to make a huge comeback u need to be passionate about your artistry. Britney just isn't interested into revamping her career, so it is what it is. 

I mean, how many proofs do people need to see how things are now. Time to stop being delusional guys... she is over it. 

I became a fan during the Glory era so I never expierenced the feeling of the general public anticipating new Britney music and generally being a fan of her.I know that her team can manage that again but I feel like the want her to flop,idk they just don’t care about her career since 2013 and it sucks because she can become the biggest pop star in the world again with many hits and top the charts but her teams just doesn’t put any effort at all and when they do put effort in something it ends up getting scrapped.:hideous:

it WOULD'VE been a good thing, if they actually planned it and gave us something worthy BEFORE the hiatus, so we could patiently wait.

The abrupt way this hiatus happened, by cancelling a residency that was about to start in a month, after already 2 years of drought since her last single / album wasn't that smart. 

I don't wanna be "insensitive" because maybe it really was because of her father and they were forced to do this that way, I just hope they're all ok, and we get something as soon as possible (and with that I mean at least by the end of the year). Even if the show doesn't come back just yet, that shouldn't be a reason to stop B10 from coming out.

1 hour ago, ClaudiaDC said:

She called Danja and Trebter for the new album so I guess she wants to comeback really hard!

We have heard them both say this before though and nothing happened. 

I think we will get b10 but honestly the way 2018 ended, Britney really seems over it. She could buy out her contract. Who knows. 

52 minutes ago, Cigarettes&Cologne said:

she is never going to come back again like she did with Circus, she is not a Madonna like people first thought, she is more a Cher, a legacy act that will keep putting out enough material every few years to stay semi-relevant and rely on her nostalgic value, case closed, eat it lick it snort it **** it, do whatever you need to accept it and be done :arianabye:

Cher has a lot to offer though that can sustain that. Current Britney really doesn’t.

Archived