Super Bowl Halftime Show Discussion

Chaoscontrol

14 hours ago, LEMONADEGLORY said:

Rihanna didn't accept the Super Bowl just because of the Kaepernick controversy, same with P!nk and Cardi B.

Beyoncé wasn't in an album cycle when she did the show back in 2013. She just announced a tour but the album dropped 9 months later. Same with Bruno Mars, his album dropped in 2012 and he was touring during 2013-2014. The second US leg which started in April 2014 was announced before his show.

When Coldplay did the show, their album was out two months before and they had already announced dates for their tour before the Super Bowl. Bruno Mars was a guest and his album didn't come out until November 2016 and he started touring during 2017. Beyoncé was the only one that was about to start an album cycle when she dropped Formation the day before the Super Bowl and announced the tour after the show was done.

False Rihanna has rejected the nfl due to their stance on domestic violence.

she has been asked since 2013/2014 ish and has had issues with them since they pulled her song in regards to domestic violence,

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6292857/Rihanna-turned-Super-Bowl-Halftime-disagrees-NFL-anthem-kneel-row.html

and I meant to say touring cycle. Beyonce was touring mrs Carter. Coldplay And bruno were also in touring cycles.

it makes zero sense to do the Super Bowl unles you are touring. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Betty1994 said:

she has been asked since 2013/2014 ish and has had issues with them since they pulled her song in regards to domestic violence,

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6292857/Rihanna-turned-Super-Bowl-Halftime-disagrees-NFL-anthem-kneel-row.html

and I meant to say touring cycle. Beyonce was touring mrs Carter. Coldplay And bruno were also in touring cycles.

We’re not talking about 2013/2014. We’re talking about the 2019 show and Rihanna said no because of the Kaepernick controversy. From your own DailyMail link:

• Rihanna reportedly declined an offer to headline the Super Bowl LIII Halftime show because she disagrees with the handling of national anthem kneeling
  • Source says the singer 'supports Colin Kaepernick' so won't perform in February 

Beyoncé wasn’t touring with The Mrs. Carter Show when she did the 2013 show. She just announced the tour while Coldplay and Bruno Mars were already touring when they did their shows with already announced dates all over the world.

9 hours ago, Catalin said:

Some people just love to push their bitterness to a point that they don't even make sense.

For example, some of them have spent years on this forum complaining about her performance skills, her face, her teeth, her ****, her saliva or about her instagram posts. They already consider her a joke and they think the general public thinks the same. So how things could possibly get worse for her?  I mean, why are you so against her doing Super Bowl if you already think she's a joke and over. There's nothing to "destroy" then.

Even if she fails, she won't get worse reactions than what people already say on here.

Of course she can get worse reactions. The things said on here are by fans. Now she will get GP reactions. People are not keeping up with her daily as we all do in here and they don’t even know if she’s still performing or dropping music. A big part of the GP still thinks about Britney as the crazy lady who went bald or the 1998-2004 performer. So if they see what Currentney is bringing to the table they will eat her alive.

On 2/7/2019 at 12:34 PM, Betty1994 said:

Rihanna not a great performer anyways

23 hours ago, LEMONADEGLORY said:

Of course she can get worse reactions. The things said on here are by fans. Now she will get GP reactions. People are not keeping up with her daily as we all do in here and they don’t even know if she’s still performing or dropping music. A big part of the GP still thinks about Britney as the crazy lady who went bald or the 1998-2004 performer. So if they see what Currentney is bringing to the table they will eat her alive.

Exactly, when people think of Britney the performer, they think of primeney. They don't know Vegasney, they don't watch videos on instagram. Britney doing the superbowl GP will expect primeney level, which they won't get and reactions will be terrible for most of them. I mean hello, it's the superbowl, it's not like she would do GMA or the vmas or whatever, with their like only 5M viewers, and that only people who cares about it will watch. The impact of a backlash really wouldn't be the same.

27 minutes ago, misanthrope said:

Okay so imo, lets say Britney does next years superbowl (which will literally never happen anyway so all of this conversation is ultimately pointless but I digress), if she trains for and comes correct like she did in 2016 with Glory, then she would not get eaten alive to the extent that you assume. I think regardless of how dope she looks or how hard she dances, there will ALWAYS be people in the GP that have something to say about her vocal skills or whatever because people have 100% made up their minds about who they think she is in her artistry or their believed lack thereof. If she brings Glory promo-ney with all of her hits and a dope body/costuming, she has an array of musical guest options in her discography, in the case of the superbowl she would have a massive budget for aesthetics and staging etc. IDK, I think Britney would put on a good show tbh IF she came correct, as I said. At the end of the day there are people in the GP that think shes a sucky puppet and those opinions will always be there and will never be changed so whether or not those opinions exist out there should be irrelevant to whether or not she does the superbowl halftime show.

Yeah, I totally understand your point but we must be conscious that Britney would need a lot of rehearsals to come correct for the Super Bowl. The problem here is that she doesn't even rehearse at all. We saw that when dancers were rehearsing she was missing... even if it was a show that she did for years she still needs to rehearse, everybody does. I know that a lot of people already made their minds and opinion about her but I'm talking about people that think she's still Primeney because they haven't heard about her (or seen Instagram videos of her Vegas shows) and if they get 2018ney they would eat her alive.

22 minutes ago, Caroline77 said:

Exactly, when people think of Britney the performer, they think of primeney. They don't know Vegasney, they don't watch videos on instagram. Britney doing the superbowl GP will expect primeney level, which they won't get and reactions will be terrible for most of them. I mean hello, it's the superbowl, it's not like she would do GMA or the vmas or whatever, with their like only 5M viewers, and that only people who cares about it will watch. The impact of a backlash really wouldn't be the same.

This is what I'm talking about, @misanthrope.

37 minutes ago, Caroline77 said:

26M views

23M views

Pretty good reaction overall, except for the average 'LiPsYnC' comment :unbothered:

On 2/7/2019 at 8:43 PM, LEMONADEGLORY said:

We’re not talking about 2013/2014. We’re talking about the 2019 show and Rihanna said no because of the Kaepernick controversy. From your own DailyMail link:

• Rihanna reportedly declined an offer to headline the Super Bowl LIII Halftime show because she disagrees with the handling of national anthem kneeling
  • Source says the singer 'supports Colin Kaepernick' so won't perform in February 

Beyoncé wasn’t touring with The Mrs. Carter Show when she did the 2013 show. She just announced the tour while Coldplay and Bruno Mars were already touring when they did their shows with already announced dates all over the world.

Now you are being obtuse. Rihanna has been offered and rejected countless times Kaepernick issue was for this year but other years she rejected due to nfls stance on domestic violence. That hasn’t changed and Rihanna looks like she is retiring soon so doubt she’s will do it,

Beyonce WAS touring the mrs carter show , she literally used the announcement for her promo.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mrs._Carter_Show_World_Tour

4 hours ago, Betty1994 said:

Now you are being obtuse. Rihanna has been offered and rejected countless times Kaepernick issue was for this year but other years she rejected due to nfls stance on domestic violence. That hasn’t changed and Rihanna looks like she is retiring soon so doubt she’s will do it,

Beyonce WAS touring the mrs carter show , she literally used the announcement for her promo.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mrs._Carter_Show_World_Tour

I think you’re not getting what I’m trying to say. No. The tour started TWO months AFTER the Super Bowl. 

One thing is ”touring” and another one is “about to start touring”. Yes, she did use her show to announce the tour but she wasn’t in the middle of the tour like Coldplay, Bruno or even Katy Perry.

10 hours ago, The Bling said:

26M views

23M views

Pretty good reaction overall, except for the average 'LiPsYnC' comment :unbothered:

Are you dumb ?

First her youtube views are mostly from her fans. Then you can't even compare youtube views to superbowl ratings wtf. And also, as i said these poor award performances really dont have the same impact nor they require the same expectations.

Archived