Super Bowl Halftime Show Discussion

Chaoscontrol

54 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Just because you would be more entertained does not mean the general public would be okay with how Britney currently performs. 

Ending 2018 she was performing some of her worst of her career. 

Fans have to be realistic. 

The public accepts the mediocre performers of today 

They didn't have a prob with Katy in 2015 and she's not a great performer

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Curators
2 minutes ago, David Rose said:

Maroon 5 performed because their first 10 choices all backed out for political reasons. Actually if you think about it, this year might have been Britney's best chance since so many people turned down the opportunity cause of the Colin Kaepernick situation.

The fact that you put Madonna and Britney on the same level proves you have no relevant opinion. Madonna still sells out stadiums. Not theatres or arenas - STADIUMS. Both in the US and abroad. She's in her 60's and her tours still gross record breaking numbers. Britney just cancelled a residency in part because she couldn't sell half her opening night in a theatre.

All I’m saying is that if Britney wanted to they would pick her over idk selena or Demi or idek there’s like no popstars currently lmaoo 

52 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

She would get a lot of backlash if she pulled a 2016 BBMAs / 2016 VMAs at an event as big as the SB, lbr and not delude ourselves b-army. 

If she gave it 2001 AMAs / 2001 SB vibes, then yes, that would and could work. Pre-recorded/live vocals is the biggest determining factor here.

Keep in mind, the general public is head over heels in love with old school Britney and if she could use that as her base, she’d be fine. 

Katy Perry performed in 2015 and she never was a great performer and the public has no problem with that.

26 minutes ago, David Rose said:

What a lot of you pro-SB people really don't get is that the Super Bowl committee will never pick her to headline. Never, never, EVER. Before 2014, give or take a bit, she still had a shot. Nowadays, not at all. Do you know how many artists desperately want that performance slot and do everything in their power to get it and get their agents and managers and everyone who works for them to fight their ***** off to get them that opportunity? Sooooo, so many. And they're all 100 times more relevant than Britney is now. They would never in a million years turn down the likes of Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Rihanna, Beyonce, J.Lo, and a slew of other pop acts and choose Britney instead. It just would not happen. Not to mention all the rappers, rocker legends, and bands who will also be aggressively going after the slot.

But the most important factor in all this is Britney herself would never fight for it. She just doesn't want it that badly. It would be one thing if she was like 'I really want to do this and I'm ready to slay it' and she genuinely TRIED to get their attention. But I promise you guys she will never do that. Mostly because she doesn't want to, and also because I think the entire magnitude of it would be more than she could handle.

So when you consider how many more relevant artists they have to choose from who are begging them for the opportunity, combined with Britney getting to a point where she's having trouble selling out theatres in Vegas and hasn't had a hit in several years, combined with the fact that she herself doesn't actually want to do it... you'll understand why there is literally zero percent chance of this ever happening. It. Will. Never. Ever. Ever. Happen. I promise you all. It won't. The sooner you really understand that, the better off you'll all be.

What I do think *is* possible is her maybe having a guest spot in someone else's headline show, like MATM with Madonna for example, that is something that isn't totally inconceivable. But even that is very unlikely.

One final thing too - there's a stigma attached to Britney Spears as an artist and there always will be. Yes, she is beloved by many as a nostalgia act who helped make pop culture what it is today, but most of the public see her as a talentless, manufactured, lip syncing former pop act who has been completely off the radar since 2009. They would get a ton of backlash and **** from every news outlet and everyone and their mothers if they dared pick her. They are aware of that too. That's just the reality when it comes to Britney. Unfair as it may be, that's what comes from being such a polarizing figure.

No you would not mention Ariana, Taylor and Rihanna when neither of them are great performers

• Content Curators

I would rather listen to Britney’s m cracking  voice all out of breath than Adams shitty flat voice. Like was he sick?

that half time show was so f**king lame

who tf is big boy

why was Travis on for like 5 seconds

why didn’t they just sing sweet victory #justiceforspongebob 

2 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

The public accepts the mediocre performers of today 

They didn't have a prob with Katy in 2015 and she's not a great performer

Katy Perry performed in 2015 and she never was a great performer and the public has no problem with that.

Katy was just coming out of a very successful era that included 2 #1’s. She was arguably one of the biggest popular stars prior to her SuperBowl performance. Not to mention, she was at the peak of her career and was consistent with her craft. 

On the other hand, Britney hasn’t had a solid era in 8 years, nor has she been consistent since 2004.

42 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Katy was just coming out of a very successful era that included 2 #1’s. She was arguably one of the biggest popular stars prior to her SuperBowl performance. Not to mention, she was at the peak of her career and was consistent.

On the other hand, Britney hasn’t had a solid era in 8 years and she hasnt been consistent since 2004.

Irrelevant information

Katy still is a mediocre performer 

Irrelevant information

Katy still is a mediocre performer 

Mediocre or not, she was a consistent performer and cared diligently about her craft. Britney’s been half-assing on and off for over a decade now as she hasn't shown much of a consistent effort either. Wake up, we’re not in 2004 anymore.

5 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Exhale has always been so worried about Britney performing at the Super Bowl because they think it's gonna be a mess, and year after year I watch the Halftime show and I end up like "is this what Exhalers are so afraid of? :wtfdidusay: "

Yeah, probably last year wasn't her best year performance wise, but anything she did in 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014 would've been better than any of the halftime show performances we've gotten those years.

Her catalogue alone is way better than any song that has been performed there in the past 5 years.

Maroon 5 wasn't bad at all, but it was absolutely boring for the magnitude of that event.

Totally agree, she managed to get good reviews of the billboard performance

Britney really does need to do the damn halftime show already. Every year I see comments all over Facebook from the GP talking about this. Same thing this year. 2016ney level would slay with the right outfits and choreo. The production would obviously be insane. Her theme should be the evolution of pop and female empowerment. She should invite her 90s peers Xtina and *NSYNC and as the show goes on throw in Nicki, RiRi, Kesha, and Sabi...jk...Madge. Obviously she would have her solo moments on stage but imagine the number closing with a rock version of BOMT and all the ladies singing a small verse, with Britney ending the song screaming ONE MORE TIME AMERICA! ??? Then imagine all the ladies spread all over the stage in their Britney era (remember the theme is evolution of pop) and Britney center stage mid air in a cage (think Slave circus tour with the cage from Pom circus tour) and they all pose and just stare at the crowd like we just did that *******, we made history. Also for each era the stage would be lit a different color almost creating a rainbow in support of the LGBTQ ?️‍? community and maybe some creative way of spelling One ☝️ Love ❤️ throughout the audience. I’d forever be slayed and I would never ask Britney to do a single thing ever again. Well maybe for a good month, but anywho what are some of your halftime show ideas guys? And what do you think of mine? Keep in mind that’s a very broad explanation of the show I’d create. If anyone’s interested I would gladly put the full idea together and share along with a mix of songs. Anyways share share share!!! :clap1:

I agree, regardless of the possible critique for lip-syncing it would be a big win.

- Bring the energy she had on BBMA

- Bring her biggest hits with some original choreo

- Release ONE new hit single the month before and bring it

- Bring Madonna, Janet and Missy onto it for features and you have the female power fireworks that people would LOVE to see on a halftime show. 

- Have pre-recorded vocals. How hard can it be for team Britney to convince the NFL into letting her bring her prerecorded vocals. She is a pepsi legend and they KNOW she will bring the viewers more than anyone, 

Archived