Super Bowl Halftime Show Discussion

Chaoscontrol

On 2/4/2019 at 3:24 AM, David Rose said:

What a lot of you pro-SB people really don't get is that the Super Bowl committee will never pick her to headline. Never, never, EVER. Before 2014, give or take a bit, she still had a shot. Nowadays, not at all. Do you know how many artists desperately want that performance slot and do everything in their power to get it and get their agents and managers and everyone who works for them to fight their ***** off to get them that opportunity? Sooooo, so many. And they're all 100 times more relevant than Britney is now. They would never in a million years turn down the likes of Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Rihanna, Beyonce, J.Lo, and a slew of other pop acts and choose Britney instead. It just would not happen. Not to mention all the rappers, rocker legends, and bands who will also be aggressively going after the slot.

But the most important factor in all this is Britney herself would never fight for it. She just doesn't want it that badly. It would be one thing if she was like 'I really want to do this and I'm ready to slay it' and she genuinely TRIED to get their attention. But I promise you guys she will never do that. Mostly because she doesn't want to, and also because I think the entire magnitude of it would be more than she could handle.

So when you consider how many more relevant artists they have to choose from who are begging them for the opportunity, combined with Britney getting to a point where she's having trouble selling out theatres in Vegas and hasn't had a hit in several years, combined with the fact that she herself doesn't actually want to do it... you'll understand why there is literally zero percent chance of this ever happening. It. Will. Never. Ever. Ever. Happen. I promise you all. It won't. The sooner you really understand that, the better off you'll all be.

What I do think *is* possible is her maybe having a guest spot in someone else's headline show, like MATM with Madonna for example, that is something that isn't totally inconceivable. But even that is very unlikely.

One final thing too - there's a stigma attached to the name Britney Spears and there always will be. Yes, she is beloved by many as a nostalgia act who helped make pop culture what it is today, but most of the public see her as a talentless, manufactured, lip syncing former pop act who has been completely off the radar since 2009. They would get a ton of backlash from everyone and their mothers if they dared pick her. They are aware of that too. That's just the reality when it comes to Britney. Unfair as it may be, that's what comes from being such a polarizing figure.

Ok this isn’t true. 

Taylor can’t do it as she has a deal with Coca Cola and the halftime is sponsored by Pepsi.

rihanna won’t due to domestic violence and the nfl as well as racism.

bieber and grande is possible HOWEVER Bieber probably won’t tour anymore he looks like a **** addict and grande looks to be going a similar route.

beyonces done it twice. They can’t always call her especially when she’s not in an album cycle.

bruno Mars is not going to be an album cycle for a few years. 

Jlo REALLY WANTS IT they have rejected her each year. 

This is why they got maroon 5, travis and big boi. FEW ARTISTS WANT IT.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, LEMONADEGLORY said:

People loves a good production and that's what the Super Bowl is about... Britney can't even take a f**king pole for one of her POM performances and she simulates that it is there and you think she'll have an amazing production for the half time show. I...

I think in that particular aspect, we shouldn't worry about production, precisely because it wouldn't be Britney's team the one paying for it. If they were able to come up with something like Madonna's, it could hide Britney's "terrible performance skills". 

Of course, all of that hypothetically speaking lol

large.gif

5 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think in that particular aspect, we shouldn't worry about production, precisely because it wouldn't be Britney's team the one paying for it. If they were able to come up with something like Madonna's, it could hide Britney's "terrible performance skills". 

large.gif

Britney has never nor will she ever have hide behind production

That's something that Taylor Swift and Katy Perry need greatly

5 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Britney has never nor will she ever have hide behind production

That's something that Taylor Swift and Katy Perry need greatly

Excuse me - Britney doesn’t sing a single word live. Of course she hides behind production. The low budget for the production of Live In Concert is the reason why the tour has been bashed so bad.

- Circus Tour: Brit doesn’t sing but she dances and the production is incredible

- FF Tour: Brit doesn’t sing nor really dance, but the production is on point

- POM LIC: Brit doesn’t sing, doesn’t dance, and the production is a complete mess

:bedtime:

the only thing left to be scrapped was the entire show. Not anymore.

:jj:

7 minutes ago, TomM0RE said:

Excuse me - Britney doesn’t sing a single word live. Of course she hides behind production. The low budget for the production of Live In Concert is the reason why the tour has been bashed so bad.

- Circus Tour: Brit doesn’t sing but she dances and the production is incredible

- FF Tour: Brit doesn’t sing nor really dance, but the production is on point

- POM LIC: Brit doesn’t sing, doesn’t dance, and the production is a complete mess

:bedtime:

the only thing left to be scrapped was the entire show. Not anymore.

:jj:

Most folks who attended the shows enjoyed

Like I said, Britney has never nor will she ever have to hide behind big production 

1 hour ago, Lantis said:

Receipts? She would make an AMAZING halftime show. 

Ok each year she puts her hat in the ring and each year she is not chosen. They chose maroon 5 OVER her as she said in multiple interviews she wanted to perform in 2018.

its understandable as I believe the person who fronts the production costs are the Super Bowl nfl and tour promoters.

jlo isn’t a touring force and has only done one tour solo. 

https://ewn.co.za/2018/12/14/jennifer-lopez-wants-super-bowl-halftime-show-gig

https://hollywoodlife.com/2017/07/13/jennifer-lopez-wants-super-bowl-halftime-show-52-discussions/

12 hours ago, Betty1994 said:

Ok this isn’t true. 

Taylor can’t do it as she has a deal with Coca Cola and the halftime is sponsored by Pepsi.

bieber and grande is possible HOWEVER Bieber probably won’t tour anymore he looks like a **** addict and grande looks to be going a similar route.

beyonces done it twice. They can’t always call her especially when she’s not in an album cycle.

Rihanna didn't accept the Super Bowl just because of the Kaepernick controversy, same with P!nk and Cardi B.

Beyoncé wasn't in an album cycle when she did the show back in 2013. She just announced a tour but the album dropped 9 months later. Same with Bruno Mars, his album dropped in 2012 and he was touring during 2013-2014. The second US leg which started in April 2014 was announced before his show.

When Coldplay did the show, their album was out two months before and they had already announced dates for their tour before the Super Bowl. Bruno Mars was a guest and his album didn't come out until November 2016 and he started touring during 2017. Beyoncé was the only one that was about to start an album cycle when she dropped Formation the day before the Super Bowl and announced the tour after the show was done.

7 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

large.gif

I would say underwhelming... VERY underwhelming but not terrible.

13 hours ago, Betty1994 said:

Ok this isn’t true. 

Keep telling yourself whatever you want. Britney is never gonna do the SB. Guaranteed, period, end of.

6 hours ago, Betty1994 said:

Ok each year she puts her hat in the ring and each year she is not chosen. They chose maroon 5 OVER her as she said in multiple interviews she wanted to perform in 2018.

its understandable as I believe the person who fronts the production costs are the Super Bowl nfl and tour promoters.

jlo isn’t a touring force and has only done one tour solo. 

https://ewn.co.za/2018/12/14/jennifer-lopez-wants-super-bowl-halftime-show-gig

https://hollywoodlife.com/2017/07/13/jennifer-lopez-wants-super-bowl-halftime-show-52-discussions/

Thanks darling, such a shame... 

I'm a bit confused here. Why did the superbowl allow Adam to take his shirt off? Was there any repercussion for Adam to take his shirt off on live TV? 

I thought this kind of stunt is prohibited. I mean Janet and her nipplegate received a huge flak from it.

Honest question though. Opinions aside...

Most of you say how you only want Britney to be happy. So why push her to do something she wouldn’t want to do...like the SB. 

She barely can handle a 3k crowd more like 125 million ppl 

Some of you think she would slay but what if she doesn’t. You really want to risk ppl making fun of her mental state all across the globe if she tenses up and fixes her pony the whole time. 

Why...just let it be. If she ever makes a huge recovery we would know the time is right but it’s been 12 yrs. 

6 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

that's why I used quotation marks. It's not me who believes her performance skills are terrible, but all the people that has been against her doing the Super Bowl since forever

Some people just love to push their bitterness to a point that they don't even make sense.

For example, some of them have spent years on this forum complaining about her performance skills, her face, her teeth, her ****, her saliva or about her instagram posts. They already consider her a joke and they think the general public thinks the same. So how things could possibly get worse for her?  I mean, why are you so against her doing Super Bowl if you already think she's a joke and over. There's nothing to "destroy" then.

Even if she fails, she won't get worse reactions than what people already say on here.

Archived