Super Bowl Halftime Show Discussion

Chaoscontrol

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Exhale has always been so worried about Britney performing at the Super Bowl because they think it's gonna be a mess, and year after year I watch the Halftime show and I end up like "is this what Exhalers are so afraid of? :wtfdidusay: "

Yeah, probably last year wasn't her best year performance wise, but anything she did in 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014 would've been better than any of the halftime show performances we've gotten those years.

Her catalogue alone is way better than any song that has been performed there in the past 5 years.

Β 

Maroon 5 wasn't bad at all, but it was absolutely boring for the magnitude of that event.

Β 

The main reason I think she won't perform at the Super Bowl is that she lacks the needed self-confidence.

As long as her performing game is on (it would be, given the mandatory rehearsals), the Super Bowl is the perfect gig for Britney. Everyone knows her name, and everyone expects pre-recorded vocals from whomever is performing. She's not going to be a liability concern, and she won't violate a morals clause. I'm sure that Pepsi would be thrilled to work with her again, too.

I can admit Britney's faults and I'm perfectly aware that her performing skills could/should improve but I believe she can still deliver an entertaining show. I feel like the Billboard Music Awards performance, even though it took her a few minutes to overcome the nerves, brought the general public back in favour with her. If her confidence can rise to the challenge, I'd love to see her there.

I think Britney would work really well in a scenario similar to her 2001 show. Honestly, as a rock fan, I'd even love to see her alongside Aerosmith again.

3 minutes ago, Catalin said:

The main reason I think she won't perform at the Super Bowl is that she lacks self-confidence.

As long as her performing game is on (it would be, given the mandatory rehearsals), the Super Bowl is the perfect gig for Britney. Everyone knows her name, and everyone expects pre-recorded vocals from whomever is performing. She's not going to be a liability concern, and she won't violate a morals clause. I'm sure that Pepsi would be thrilled to work with her again, too.

I can admit Britney's faults and I'm perfectly aware that her performing skills could/should improve but I believe she can still deliver an entertaining show. I feel like the Billboard Music Awards performance, even though it took her a few minutes to overcome the nerves, brought the general public back in favour with her. If her confidence can rise to the challenge, I'd love to see her there.

I think Britney would work really well in a scenario similar to her 2001 show. Honestly, as a rock fan, I'd even love to see her alongside Aerosmith again.

Oh of course, I doubt she'll ever perform there again. Not only she is lacking confidence, I don't think the current producers are interested in her. They're the kind that would put BeyoncΓ© as many times as possible.

If MTV was still producing the show, they could probably consider Britney, but then she would be the one refusing to do it, or at least not without 15 other artists.

After horrible and boring af performances from JT and Maroon 5 Gp would love Britney. I mean they were praised Katy Perry even. Cuz she has mainstream catchy hits back then. We have toxic bomt and all these iconic songs. I think it's enough material for SP. Currentney is still better performer than new pop girls. They are all about visuals and attitude There is no dancing. So in this case Britney still got it. Only problem is she is too anxious for performing in big event. She can't handle that pressure.

17 minutes ago, Dreamer26 said:

After horrible and boring af performances from JT and Maroon 5 Gp would love Britney. I mean they were praised Katy Perry even. Cuz she has mainstream catchy hits back then. We have toxic bomt and all these iconic songs. I think it's enough material for SP. Currentney is still better performer than new pop girls. They are all about visuals and attitude There is no dancing. So in this case Britney still got it. Only problem is she is too anxious for performing in big event. She can't handle that pressure.

Britney could perform BOMT, OOPS, Slave, MATM, GM, Womanizer, IWG, WB and Toxic. With just those songs, that mostly everyone know, she would be making people dance.

2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Oh of course, I doubt she'll ever perform there again. Not only she is lacking confidence, I don't think the current producers are interested in her. They're the kind that would put BeyoncΓ© as many times as possible.

If MTV was still producing the show, they could probably consider Britney, but then she would be the one refusing to do it, or at least not without 15 other artists.

They were interested in someone as mediocre as Katy Perry

Β 

Why would they not beΒ  interested in Britney who can performΒ 

9 hours ago, DexWillBeThere98 said:

Didn't Britney sell out the stadiums she went to in the POM Tour last year? Cause I rememebr she did.

One stadium. In Israel where she has never performed in her entire career. Madonna does that in the US and everywhere else, despite having toured extensively all over the place. It's not even remotely the same.

Britney can still do arenas in countries and continents that she has either never been to or hasn't been in 10+ years, as evidenced by her numbers in Asia. She could probably doΒ a stadium in South America nowadays. Fans and GPΒ will check her out just based on her being an icon and the fact that they've either never had a chance to see her or she hasn't come there in forever. Her performance level now won't get any of those people coming back for more though. Once you've seen a Britney show now, you basically know what you're getting. It's not disappointing per se, but it's not the kind of performance people will be itching to see again. That's why inΒ the US, her home country, where she's performed the vast majority of her shows in the past several years, she's been reduced to performing in large theatre type of venues. Everyone's had a chance to see her semi-recently andΒ the only people still actively going are the die-hards.

59 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

They were interested in someone as mediocre as Katy Perry

Β 

Why would they not beΒ  interested in Britney who can performΒ 

Precisely because of that.

Someone that thought about making Katy Perry or Lady Gaga headline the Halftime show, before Britney Spears or Pink or JLo or I don't know, any artist with a little bit of more career and hits, I don't think that kind of people is interested in the same kind of things we appreciate. Just think about the average BeyoncΓ© fan or Katy fan, Bruno Mars fan, usually it's very rare that they also consider Britney Spears to be up to the standards of their faves. :yaknow:

Yeah I agree. She should do it with awesome effects and production too like Katy Perry's or Madonna's halftime. Not like Justin Timberlake--he sounded great and danced great but it was too boring. People like the special effects and big production. Next level ****. A cool futuristic Britney Spears themed half time show with dancing and special guests.

I don't want her to do it UNLESS:Β 

- She adds something live, whatever it is but LIVE! At least some random verses through the songsΒ 

- Sharp and killer choreography, Primeney level. BBMAney was great but we need the bar to be higher than that. This would be seen on the entire planet.Β 

- Release a new album soon or close to the show's day. It needs to support a new ers/album. Such big opportunity cant be wasted just to announce a new perfume or something irrelevant as that.Β 

I would add countless requirements but those above would be the main ones.Β 

On 2/4/2019 at 5:34 AM, Britneyarmy8 said:

Ok first off let’s get one thing straightΒ 

if Britney’s team wanted her to do the super bowl they would’ve 10000% picked her over f**king maroon 5. Also you’re talking about all these artists begging to do it then why did they pick maroon 5? Lmao they let f**king big boy perform and no one even knows who he isΒ 

also Madonna performed LMAOO and most people besides the gays and middle aged people didn’t knowΒ her songsΒ 

ur argument is so dumbΒ 

Β 

Errr... Madonna has fans that span generations, the same way Michael does, thats why she is still the Queen of Pop. And as someone else mentioned, Madonna is still one of the biggest selling tour acts, even more so when she did the superbowl. So dont even come for Madge:bedtime:

Lmao all of you who want Britney to do the Superbowl. Now her performing skills are just a mess, she doesn't sing live she barely dances, and when she does she looks like she has something stuck in her ***, her moves are too jerky, she can't control her energy, it doesn't matter the number of moves she makes in 1 second when it is horribly executed, really. You bash all the other singers in the world, but Britney isn't better currently, she's even worse because she doesnt make the effort to sing live. You need to wake up, she faaaar from being a good performer nowadays. Plus with all her tics and all, what a joke. Not only she cant dance but she also cant stand still, she wouldn't even be able to give a very simple but badass performance like You oughta know.

I already have a hard time to see her as a guest, but being the headliner ? Career suicide. Tho it would be a good idea so she can wake up and realize what a messy performer she became, that would be the only reason why she should do it.

Archived