Do you stream Britney's music like a real fan should?

GUV-A-NAH

7 minutes ago, MmmDani said:

Actually, I do regularly purchase Remix EPs from iTunes, especially when nothing else is happening. Like right now

I just don’t wish to subscribe to streaming services, I prefer to purchase my albums directly because:

I don’t want their limited music library, I want all of my bonus tracks

I don’t want to have to shuffle

I don’t want to suffer from advertisement 

iTunes is simply the superior platform for the consumption of music, hence I’m contributing to the “pure” sales numbers, rather than the streaming numbers

Regularly =/= constantly

Well let me enlighten you: when you subscribe to a streaming service e.g. Spotify, you don't have to shuffle or listen to occasional ads anymore. Those only happen in the free version. Their music library is quite huge btw, and the missing songs you could always listen to on your CDs or elsewhere...But I don't want to fight, I also appreciate your iTunes support, I just hope more fans would stream as well.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, GUV-A-NAH said:

Regularly =/= constantly

Well let me enlighten you: when you subscribe to a streaming service e.g. Spotify, you don't have to shuffle or listen to occasional ads anymore. Those only happen in the free version. Their music library is quite huge btw, and the missing songs you could always listen to on your CDs or elsewhere...But I don't want to fight, I also appreciate your iTunes support, I just hope more fans would stream as well.

Why would I listen to the main album, and then get out a CD in, skip to the end and then listen to the bonus tracks. When I could listen to the full album, in iTunes? 

I give up 

25 minutes ago, MmmDani said:

Actually, I do regularly purchase Remix EPs from iTunes, especially when nothing else is happening. Cause I don’t have them all and there can be some hidden gems.

I just don’t wish to subscribe to streaming services, I prefer to purchase my albums directly because:

I don’t want their limited music library, I want all of my bonus tracks

I don’t want to have to shuffle

I don’t want to suffer from advertisement 

iTunes is simply the superior platform for the consumption of music, hence I’m contributing to the “pure” sales numbers, rather than the streaming numbers

most streaming services cost 7 euros / 10 dollars.. if you subscribe you don't get ads and you get to shuffle / pick whatever song you like.. also, Spotify (not sure about Apple Music) allows users to add MP3 files to their libraries alongside the streamable tracks (if you purchase from iTunes they're AAC / M4A though but if you rip from CDs they're MP3 so there's your solution).. I disagree with OP but I just wanted to inform you that what you described is the free version of Spotify (ads, not being able to shuffle, etc.) not streaming services in general.. :bedtime:

3 minutes ago, MmmDani said:

Why would I listen to the main album, and then get out a CD in, skip to the end and then listen to the bonus tracks. When I could listen to the full album, in iTunes?

I don't know, maybe to improve her streaming numbers and to give her some coins as well? Just a thought...

Streams mean **** for income. Why do you think artists are charging hundreds for their tours....because they have to make up for lack of music sales because of streams. 

Britney’s streams suck but it shows how she doesn’t have the GP but by physically buying the album the money goes directly to the artist/label

So your whole post is backwards. 

Anyways Britney doesn’t care because clearly they want you to buy her 1,000,001 perfume. 

Now if you are going to act superior are you buying all those fantasies? :joanne:

22 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Streams mean **** for income. Why do you think artists are charging hundreds for their tours....because they have to make up for lack of music sales because of streams. 

Britney’s streams suck but it shows how she doesn’t have the GP but by physically buying the album the money goes directly to the artist/label

So your whole post is backwards. 

Anyways Britney doesn’t care because clearly they want you to buy her 1,000,001 perfume. 

Now if you are going to act superior are you buying all those fantasies? :joanne:

I could care less about her income tbh, she has so much money even her grandchildren will be millionaires.

It's not just about the GP, looking at the comments here, half of the Army do not stream, but maybe if they did, her singles and albums would be more successful and we would get more than 2 singles per era. And now I will get "but we bought them digitally/phisically"...that's great and all but in the meantime we could all stream as well.

I'm not acting superior btw, sorry if I offended someone with the title. :mhm:

1 minute ago, GUV-A-NAH said:

I could care less about her income tbh, she has so much money even her grandchildren will be millionaires.

It's not just about the GP, looking at the comments here, half of the Army do not stream, but maybe if they did, her singles and albums would be more successful and we would get more than 2 singles per era. And now I will get "but we bought them digitally/phisically"...that's great and all but in the meantime we could all stream as well.

I'm not acting superior btw, sorry if I offended someone with the title. :mhm:

I did what you are saying for the slumber party video and Britney could careless. Why should we inconvenience ourself when it isn’t our jobs to make sure Britney gets more streams. That is on Britney. 

Until the only option is streaming, I buy the music I like. Why pay a consistent price each month when I can pay a flat fee for the music I like and let me tell you it isn’t that much these days. 

4 minutes ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

I downloaded Spotify and started to use it on the 20th birthday of BOMT. Since then, I've been streaming her music quite often but not only singles, I stream her entire discography.

I also bought it on iTunes for its birthday and I own about 15 physical copies.

I think I can say I did my part....

WOW you really did! Keep up the good work, B10 is coming ~soon~ :clap1:

2 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

No. Well, sometimes on like, Apple. But I CD like a real *** ***** should.  :awkblink:

Hopefully you will see the light by the time B10 is released. :mhm:

1 minute ago, Goku said:

You know, personal music, live vocals, promo, passion, quality, visuals, artistic direction.

Risultati immagini per streaming atrl

Maybe you are stanning for the wrong musician then, although some of these were present when Glory came out. :mhm:

2 minutes ago, Goku said:

Gurl, I'm not a stan anymore, there's literally nothing to stan nowadays except her Instagram memes or occasionally bops. :mhm:

In fact: I brought Make Me 12x times. I showed my support but I received a slap into the face again. :mhm:

Once a stan, always a stan. :mhm:

See you when the B10 lead single is announced.

3 minutes ago, Goku said:

I want bops, but I will not invest my time supporting this train wreck. 

I'm excited but no passion? no support :)

She showed passion during Glory, she herself said she had much more control in this album than before (BJ, FF).

Honestly the only problem with the era was the MM video mess and that she only promoted for 1-2 weeks and nothing for Slumber Party.

Archived