Do you stream Britney's music like a real fan should?

GUV-A-NAH

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, 3isacharm said:

Not really unless I’m at work. Like a real fan I actually buy her albums both digital and physical copies so :bedtime:

1 minute ago, MmmDani said:

Like a real fan, I purchase multiple copies of her album (which does more than me streaming could ever do). So no

Like I mentioned, I helped her move/sell 2 units in my country by basically leaving the Spotify app open and letting her music play. It takes minimal effort and streaming is the future/present. Gosh, no wonder she's flopping on streaming services...:wontcry:

25 minutes ago, GUV-A-NAH said:

Like I mentioned, I helped her move/sell 2 units in my country by basically leaving the Spotify app open and letting her music play. It takes minimal effort and streaming is the future/present. Gosh, no wonder she's flopping on streaming services...:wontcry:

So she’s now sold two units after two years, when most of us bought one or two (some bought digital, physical deluxe and vinyl) in the first week (and the Japanese Tour Edition a few months later). Streaming is the cheapest way possible to do literally nothing to support the artist. Obviously I appreciate the effort, but two units is pathetic 

3 minutes ago, MmmDani said:

So she’s now sold two units after two years, when most of us bought one or two (some bought digital, physical deluxe and vinyl) in the first week (and the Japanese Tour Edition a few months later). Streaming is the cheapest way possible to do literally nothing to support the artist. Obviously I appreciate the effort, but two units is pathetic 

2 units in a month honey...I can't believe you said streaming is 'literally nothing' while you are the one who is still listening to those decade old CDs and living in the past decade. Imagine all the streams you could have given her since Glory was released, I have no words.

21 minutes ago, GUV-A-NAH said:

2 units in a month honey...I can't believe you said streaming is 'literally nothing' while you are the one who is still listening to those decade old CDs and living in the past decade. Imagine all the streams you could have given her since Glory was released, I have no words.

I’m also the one directly feeding her iTunes money constantly, supporting her YouTube channels and purchasing merchandise. Just because y’all are too cheap to fork out for actual albums doesn’t make you saints. 2016 was 2.5 years ago sis...

3 minutes ago, MmmDani said:

I’m also the one directly feeding her iTunes money constantly, supporting her YouTube channels and purchasing merchandise. Just because y’all are too cheap to fork out for actual albums doesn’t make you saints. 2016 was 2.5 years ago sis...

I doubt you are 'constantly' buying her music, she hasn't released anything in the past 2.5 years. Well, at least you are supporting her on YT, that's something. I also buy her music btw, mostly digitally.

And I know when Glory was released, I was obviously streaming her music and Glory in the past years as well, but I just started using Last fm at the beginning of this year, so that's why I have exact numbers now and those '2 units' are meant for 2019...

21 minutes ago, GUV-A-NAH said:

I doubt you are 'constantly' buying her music, she hasn't released anything in the past 2.5 years. Well, at least you are supporting her on YT, that's something. I also buy her music btw, mostly digitally.

And I know when Glory was released, I was obviously streaming her music and Glory in the past years as well, but I just started using Last fm at the beginning of this year, so that's why I have exact numbers now and those '2 units' are meant for 2019...

Actually, I do regularly purchase Remix EPs from iTunes, especially when nothing else is happening. Cause I don’t have them all and there can be some hidden gems.

I just don’t wish to subscribe to streaming services, I prefer to purchase my albums directly because:

I don’t want their limited music library, I want all of my bonus tracks

I don’t want to have to shuffle

I don’t want to suffer from advertisement 

iTunes is simply the superior platform for the consumption of music, hence I’m contributing to the “pure” sales numbers, rather than the streaming numbers

1 hour ago, GUV-A-NAH said:

This is how I do!!! ?? I leave Spotify on and let it streaming Britney’s albums ??

3 minutes ago, GUV-A-NAH said:

That's such a flawed way of thinking but yay, at least you do sometimes...

Purchasing albums first week is the perfect way to support an artist, I’m starting to think that you genuinely believe that you streaming her album makes you a superior fan to everyone else 

Archived