RUMOR: according to an insider, Atlantic Records wants to sign with Britney

burns

8 hours ago, Betty1994 said:

False, Tinashe got out of her contract. It was easy as RCA doesn’t have the money to burn on legal fess for an artist who isn’t profitable.

Reality is RCA USA is broke and was meant to cut  a marketing department but didn’t. They better on the wrong artists Zayn , Sia left e.t.c 

This looks VERY BELIEVABLE , RCA would probably sell Britneys contract to get cash or might not be able to fulfill it financially.

they would want ?Britney especially for features , putting their artists as her tour opener and social media pages. 

Madonna was 38 releasing ray of light. Britney has time.

Tinashe had to hire a lawyer though. I’m not an expert on this but I can only imagine trying to get out of a contract you’re legally tied to be can complicated, almost impossible depending on the situation. Also, I feel like RCA wouldn’t want to lose Britney so easily because of her legacy, but they don’t deserve her anyway. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Isla. said:

Tinashe had to hire a lawyer though. I’m not an expert on this but I can only imagine trying to get out of a contract you’re legally tied to be can complicated, almost impossible depending on the situation. Also, I feel like RCA wouldn’t want to lose Britney so easily because of her legacy, but they don’t deserve her anyway. 

As i said before RCA USA is broke, they were even going to merge or cut departments. Tinashe got out of her contract easily as RCA doesn’t have the money to waste fighting’s for an artist that doesn’t brings in major sales.

britney is a major name but RCA probably don’t have the money to fulfill her contract I.e music videos e.t.c and promo OR they might sell her contract to Atlantic as they are literally BROKE.

1 hour ago, Betty1994 said:

As i said before RCA USA is broke, they were even going to merge or cut departments. Tinashe got out of her contract easily as RCA doesn’t have the money to waste fighting’s for an artist that doesn’t brings in major sales.

britney is a major name but RCA probably don’t have the money to fulfill her contract I.e music videos e.t.c and promo OR they might sell her contract to Atlantic as they are literally BROKE.

I had no idea RCA were broke. Do you have anymore info/receipts on this?

27 minutes ago, Isla. said:

I had no idea RCA were broke. Do you have anymore info/receipts on this?

The proof can be seen. RCA is in desperate need of a renovation. They don't know how to market their artists with the way the industry is moving. Every single release has flopped but they haven't taken the steps that are needed. A few months ago almost an entire department was let go.

Their formula is to fumble a release, see an artist doesnt sell and shelve them but not realize its because they aren't getting the right promotion

https://www.lipstickalley.com/threads/tinashe-has-taken-steps-to-leave-rca-records.1978772/page-2

and look up variety they go on about being a and r driven e.t.c basically saying they don’t have the money for marketing.

3 minutes ago, Betty1994 said:

The proof can be seen. RCA is in desperate need of a renovation. They don't know how to market their artists with the way the industry is moving. Every single release has flopped but they haven't taken the steps that are needed. A few months ago almost an entire department was let go.

Their formula is to fumble a release, see an artist doesnt sell and shelve them but not realize its because they aren't getting the right promotion

https://www.lipstickalley.com/threads/tinashe-has-taken-steps-to-leave-rca-records.1978772/page-2

and look up variety they go on about being a and r driven e.t.c basically saying they don’t have the money for marketing.

A forum post as a source? Well, unless the person who made that post is reliable. That's bad if a department has been let go though.

12 minutes ago, Isla. said:

A forum post as a source? Well, unless the person who made that post is reliable. That's bad if a department has been let go though.

THey are very reliable they said Tinashe was leaving rca before it happened, told info on Ariana grande and Charlie walk relationship, e.t.c 

very few things she has said have not come through. 

12 hours ago, Derrick said:

Madonna has fire and passion still at 38 though. 

im a huge Madonna stan but it's not like Britney doesn't care. Glory proves it, she made music she liked without really following trends. That album is full of Weirdney moments and I loved it for that. That era just needed some more chances, chances a different label could've given her.

12 hours ago, jennyj said:

That's not how business works.  Just because you think an artist 'doesn't care', doesn't explain why they waste money on keeping that artist on their lineup. RCA is known to be bad at managing their artists.  If you look at their artist line up (https://www.rcarecords.com/artists/), the majority of them have the same issue. Almost zero marketing. They primarily only do their job for the new artists that are trending with millennials. Most of the artists on their only get videos on YouTube and maybe a couple of TV gigs, and that's it. 

Giving a lot a money for a photoshoot and music video is not marketing. It's simply just a typical budget for the actual content they produce.  You can have the best music video and music, but will still flop if the label doesn't make the public aware that it exists. The label didn't do their job in the marketing part (as they don't with most of the artists on that list). They do it because they know they can get away with it.  When Jive was still separate, they at least did their part to an extent. Maybe Team Brit knew this, which is why they didn't actually name drop the album as much as they did, but also because Team Brit knows they make a lot of money on the Residency and Perfumes more than the music anyway since the label is not giving them the attention they need. Team Brit needs to go to a new label or go independent if they want to thrive in the music side of the business again. But knowing them, they only care about the money and will go the easy way.  Hopefully if the rumour is true, Atlantic would give a lot of incentive to get them to come over, because Atlantic is really good at marketing their artists.

It is explained... her old discography brings in money. It’s how Britney still has a career. The same thing used to be said about Jive on how they didn’t care about Britney. So it always comes back to Britney...

The artists they invest in do put way more into their career. 

The excuses are old. For Britney herself has been tarnishing her career in every aspect. Why would you invest in something that is destined to flop or doesn’t care. That isn’t a smart business move.

If Britney came out swinging like Tinashe. Doing videos the best she can with her budget. Making music the best to the budget. Doing broadway the best she can.,, then what you are saying would make sense. Something would be up. The label has dropped the ball. 

Britney’s first experience with rca was BJ. Britney didn’t care to even go in and redo bad vocals. Why the hell would you invest in that. Glory with the mm video fiasco. 

7 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

It is explained... her old discography brings in money. It’s how Britney still has a career. The same thing used to be said about Jive on how they didn’t care about Britney. So it always comes back to Britney...

The excuses are old. For Britney herself has been tarnishing her career in every aspect. Why would you invest in something that is destined to flop or doesn’t care. That isn’t a smart business move.

If Britney came out swinging like Tinashe. Doing videos the best she can with her budget. Making music the best to the budget. Doing broadway the best she can.,, then what you are saying would make sense. Something would be up. The label has dropped the ball. 

Britney’s first experience with rca was BJ. Britney didn’t care to even go in and redo bad vocals. Why the hell would you invest in that. Glory with the mm video fiasco. 

Ok you obviously don't understand the business side of things and continue to make statements based on your assumptions on what you see on social media and Exhale. Why are you even on this forum if that's all you think of her?

Also, BJ is when the zero marketing and limited budget started happening (i.e. only 2 MVs, and zero paid spins and no print or digital marketing), which ironically as you pointed out is when they started with RCA.

12 hours ago, jennyj said:

Ok you obviously don't understand the business side of things and continue to make statements based on your assumptions on what you see on social media and Exhale. Why are you even on this forum if that's all you think of her?

Also, BJ is when the zero marketing and limited budget started happening (i.e. only 2 MVs, and zero paid spins and no print or digital marketing), which ironically as you pointed out is when they started with RCA.

19 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

RCA And very few labels have the money for spins on radio artists are mostly investing in themselves , Spearsfan is right. For changes to be made Britney will have to invest in herself. 

Times have changed most record labels invest in one era and then let the artist do the rest. Some times they only invest in 2 singles. 

Rihanna invested 9 million nearly went broke 3 times during gggbd. Beyonce has her own management and team parkwood. 

On 1/31/2019 at 11:12 PM, jennyj said:

It's not necessary about working harder. A label is responsible for distribution and marketing of their artists and their music.  RCA is known to only focus on some of their artists and leave the rest of their lineup hanging.  Team Brit did a ton of promo for Glory in the beginning of the era (performances, interviews, skits, etc.).  BUT the one big thing that was missing was marketing.  RCA did ZERO ads for Glory anywhere such as in Spotify Free, YouTube, no ads ads on websites, bust stops, stores, etc. and they didn't pay for spins on radio either.  All things a label is supposed to do.  If the rumour is tree that Atlantic is trying everything they can to get her, then it means they're willing to put in the work for her so that they can get a big iconic artist on their roster.  In turn, this would hopefully bring more promo opportunities, which some she would have to attend.  But when you know your label is showing you love, then I think it'll actually make you WANT to do it.  I'm sure she and many of the other RCA artists feel left out by their label, which in turn doesn't want them to promote the music since they are not investing in them.

Ok, ads and stuff on behalf of the label, sure. But the chick DOES NOT LIKE DOING PROMO. I don't think her lack of appearances is about the label. That's her.

But if this rumor is true — and I'm not convinced that it is unless there's more smoke leading to a fire — I hope I turn out to be wrong.

But y'all gotta understand it's not 1999-2003 anymore. She slick obviously doesn't want to do promo like that currently. Nor does she probably really have to. I mean that in the sense of she's not trying to prove herself and clearly is not chasing the hit machine. She appears to be starting to make the music she wants to make whether or not it's a radio hit that gets nominated for a Grammy.

On 2/3/2019 at 10:06 PM, jennyj said:

Clearly you don’t understand if the artist is not doing they part why would the label do more than they have to, which Is to releases the music 

On 2/3/2019 at 11:20 AM, Commotion said:

im a huge Madonna stan but it's not like Britney doesn't care. Glory proves it, she made music she liked without really following trends. That album is full of Weirdney moments and I loved it for that. That era just needed some more chances, chances a different label could've given her.

23 hours ago, BritneyRebellion said:

Finally! if this happens Britney is free to express her TRUE art! no more scrapped albums! Kelly Clarkson did this and is so happy now!

Hope she gets a new management team too... #FreeBritney

She needs a team that doesn’t cut corners so much and finally with Glory she just made whatever she wanted. she’s generally killing it (music, performing, personality) but everything is sloppy, tired, and misguided. 

Like we don’t need 19187 Fantasies- a perfume for a new album is cool.  Prerecord. All I want is for her to make a banging album for B10 and gives us a solid creative era

On 2/3/2019 at 10:06 PM, jennyj said:

You keep saying that but what do you know. It’s common sense. 

If someone wouldn’t try their best why would you invest millions into them. Why pay all that money for payola and spins when they could give it to pink etc who will also help their music continue to do good with lots promo and award shows throughout her whole eras etc. 

Old Britney carries most of the ppl on this site and her music...when she sings on it. 

Yeah it did start with rca and it ties with Britney giving up on promo as well. She barely talks about her music so nothing points to that she wishes anything to be different. 

Archived