RUMOR: according to an insider, Atlantic Records wants to sign with Britney

burns

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, there's like zero reasons to believe in this, but pretending there's truth in there, I guess nothing can't be worse than RCA (I hate to use that phrase, 'cause there's ALWAYS something worse) and I guess that if someone is "trying everything" to sign Britney it's because they actually have plans for her, so that should be positive.

I don't really know if she's interested (her team) in changing labels. 

2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I mean, there's like zero reasons to believe in this, but pretending there's truth in there, I guess nothing can't be worse than RCA (I hate to use that phrase, 'cause there's ALWAYS something worse) and I guess that if someone is "trying everything" to sign Britney it's because they actually have plans for her, so that should be positive.

I don't really know if she's interested (her team) in changing labels. 

Changing for Atlantic means work hard, and we're talking about Britney. 

this looks pretty genuine because it seems like the tweeter is just a random person rather than a self proclaimed insider.. that's great news if it's true.. :tiffhair: she'd be label mates with Bruno Mars, Trashy B, Charli XCX, Charlie Puth (daddy), Clean Bandit, Coldplay, David Guetta, Ed Sheeran, Janelle Monae, Kelly Clarkson (I guess she left RCA for Atlantic), Marina, Melanie Rapetinez, Missy Elliot, Sia, Skrillex.. that's a pretty good lineup.. :mhmnod:  

I'm not sure if Britney could even leave, she's still tied to a contract with RCA as she renewed it after BJ and I think she has 3 more albums left in her contract before she could leave. Atlantic are a much better label than RCA though (although I still question why they signed Bhad Bhabie and the yodeling kid whatever his name is).

15 minutes ago, burns said:

Changing for Atlantic means work hard, and we're talking about Britney. 

she better work, *term of endearment* :queenflopga:

Again, if someone is eagerly looking for her it's because they want her no matter what, so the least thing they'll want is to make her feel uncomfortable or pressured.

I don't know how it works (if she changes record labels, does the new label have to pay for the rights of her old catalogue? Is it even possible?) but I think just having ownership of Britney's "catalogue" or legacy is enough for them to do things, even against her will.

I've always said it. If the label wants to release a song as a single, they could perfectly do it even if Britney doesn't want to, or doesn't want to promote it. That shouldn't be an impediment to send the song to the radio or upload a lyric video or even an animated video lol if she refuses to film it.

17 minutes ago, Isla. said:

I'm not sure if Britney could even leave, she's still tied to a contract with RCA as she renewed it after BJ and I think she has 3 more albums left in her contract before she could leave. Atlantic are a much better label than RCA though (although I still question why they signed Bhad Bhabie and the yodeling kid whatever his name is).

Was just about to say this, she’s still legally signed for a few more albums unless they come to an agreement but RCA is dying out slowly and I doubt they’d let as big of an artist as Britney just go to another label but I’m here for it, RCA are terrible and have paid Britney DUST! 

20 minutes ago, Isla. said:

There are loopholes tho. compilation albums such as remixes and a greatest hits count as an album

Archived