RUMOR: according to an insider, Atlantic Records wants to sign with Britney

burns

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s time she moves on tbh if she really wants to progress her career she needs to get a new record label. Larry should also be looking for new deals elsewhere because he wants to keep Britney going and RCA is not the company to do that they are a rubbish label. 

I know she properly is contracted to release more albums but I’m sure there is a loop hole :schoolingtime:

Question for those who would know (admittedly I don't)-- Couldn't Britney buy out her contract, since I think she has an album minimum left? Or, I mean, she could just drop and let them take her to court, and end in a settlement. Because I've been told buying out a contract still means the label has access to the older work, and its why certain bands just dropped and let the label sue, rather than buying the contract out. They didn't want the label having access to their older catalog.

But then, I see none of this happening. I also am not sure if the financial c-ship would come into play or not, but I feel like yes, it would.

45 minutes ago, f**knfurter said:

Question for those who would know (admittedly I don't)-- Couldn't Britney buy out her contract, since I think she has an album minimum left? Or, I mean, she could just drop and let them take her to court, and end in a settlement. Because I've been told buying out a contract still means the label has access to the older work, and its why certain bands just dropped and let the label sue, rather than buying the contract out. They didn't want the label having access to their older catalog.

But then, I see none of this happening. I also am not sure if the financial c-ship would come into play or not, but I feel like yes, it would.

She has a few albums still in her current contract and she’s lost millions cancelling domination I doubt they’re gonna spend a cent on getting out of this it’s too much of a risk 

Y’all realize it’s not RCA’s fault that knee has been flopping right? When an artist like knee is not passionite about their work, it shows, as evident in Bennetta Jerky. We can all agree this was her downfall. Blame Vegas, Larry, Will and Myah all you want, but y’all let’s be real, she wanted nothing to do with this record and it showed. She also doesn’t have star appeal anymore. She’s older and looks haggard from the botched surgery (sorry to burst your bubble you sensitive, Disney-brained exhalers). People don’t want anything to do with her bottom line. A record label change won’t save her career. B10 will flop again. It don’t matter the content, or label for the next record. Time to stop blaming these external factors and look at how tragic knee has made her career to be. Here’s to hoping she enjoys her early retirement. Thank you for reading my TED talk.:comingthru:

7 minutes ago, nthenwkiss said:

what makes RCA so bad? they have an amazing lineup of artists; some of which are very successful. i feel that if brit wants to get back on track she could do it with any label; i personally believe is a matter of she not caring. no shade, love our girl but facts

Great LineUp, bad Attitude.

2 singles par album, no good promo in TV and radio, Residency's philosophy. 

Isnt Jive still technically RCA when it got dissolved? So its the same people that have been working with her? so maybe the same people that have been controlling her sound and image. So maybe it is a good idea to leave.

But it is pointless if she doesnt have the drive.

5 hours ago, breatheheavy said:

I don't think she is... yet. T hired Dina LaPolt, a powerhouse attorney (who also represents Britney), to help get her out of the contract with RCA tho. 

Interesting.  That means she should be able to help Team Brit leave RCA as well. 

3 hours ago, ZoneGirl said:

I'm not convinced that signing with Atlantic would suddenly make her work any harder…

It's not necessary about working harder. A label is responsible for distribution and marketing of their artists and their music.  RCA is known to only focus on some of their artists and leave the rest of their lineup hanging.  Team Brit did a ton of promo for Glory in the beginning of the era (performances, interviews, skits, etc.).  BUT the one big thing that was missing was marketing.  RCA did ZERO ads for Glory anywhere such as in Spotify Free, YouTube, no ads ads on websites, bust stops, stores, etc. and they didn't pay for spins on radio either.  All things a label is supposed to do.  If the rumour is tree that Atlantic is trying everything they can to get her, then it means they're willing to put in the work for her so that they can get a big iconic artist on their roster.  In turn, this would hopefully bring more promo opportunities, which some she would have to attend.  But when you know your label is showing you love, then I think it'll actually make you WANT to do it.  I'm sure she and many of the other RCA artists feel left out by their label, which in turn doesn't want them to promote the music since they are not investing in them.

4 hours ago, Avatar said:

Isnt Jive still technically RCA when it got dissolved? So its the same people that have been working with her? so maybe the same people that have been controlling her sound and image. So maybe it is a good idea to leave.

But it is pointless if she doesnt have the drive.

No. The jive/rca dissolve really stirred things up with many workers and executives being moved to epic records or other sony owned labels alongside with rca. I think Bteam ultimately chose rca because how easy the move was but I'm pretty sure record labels would still fight for her because her brand is still one of the most valuables out there. See, she may be flop in our eyes but she still generates millions and thousands of millions money to herself and everyone around her and she has all the potential to be the next madonna who'll still sells millions of records at the age of 60 so I don't see why atlantic records wouldn't want piece of her. 

Archived