Your first memory of Britney?

DignifiedLove

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The furthest memory I have (of Britney) is being 9 years old on the bus coming home from school and they were playing BOMT on the radio. I remember being struck by the song, it didn't sound like anything else I ever heard. I don't remember the very first time I saw the video but it was probably on the Disney channel; they used to play a lot of pop videos between shows I think.

I can't particularly locate when my love for Britney started, because I have a few mixed memories which I am not sure which ones came before which ones - but basically, there were 3 instances that made me want to explore more, and in my mind, this is supposed to be the correct sequence of them

- My sister actually had her whole room filled with posters (she was 2 years older than me). Among them, there was a picture of Britney with her belly button exposed. She had more Shakira and Christina Aguilera posters (she was trying to be edgier), but I couldn't exactly pinpoint why I was falling with Brit's beauty's instead, and I was secretly going to her room to admire that poster. This was that poster ->

XiXO8iI.jpg

My gay *** didn't even notice she was wearing a Harley Davidson motors shirt until now :ipass:

- My dad's computer had a folder with 200 popular songs on it back in 2003, and in between all of those songs, there was "I've Just Begun (Having my fun)". I thought the song was really fun, and I kind of was repeating it a lot since it was very hard to acquire music at the time if I didn't buy pirated CDs from stores (I'm from Macedonia - no internet access at home at the time). I was 11/12 at the time, and I just remember being fascinated with the name of Britney Spears, as with her image, since I was seeing her on all the magazines, everywhere, and posters of her were also a big thing

- I went on a holiday when I was 6th grade and I went to this mall, and in between the CDs, there it was - In The Zone - I immediately bought the CD, even though I didn't know anything else aside from Toxic and Everytime that were quite popular at the time (and everybody loved Britney at this point, but I was late on the game, though I was fascinated with her already). I was in a room in a youth hostel (under 18-year-old) camp with 10 boys in the same room, and I remember that I had to play the CD on this Discman and I stayed in the room whilst other people went to the beach so I can bust a move by myself. My favourite song that I killed over-repeating during the holidays was none other than Outrageous :thirsty:

• 1 year later...

First memory was when I was 7, this annoying girl in class kept farting and saying "oops I did it again" after. And when I finally confronted her and asked why she kept saying that, she told me it was because of Britney Spears. I asked who she was and she brought the CD to school but I got scared of the BOMT cover because it looked like some kidz bop mess :rip:  (I love the cover now though)

Next time I would see her and stan would be the me against the music video a few years later, whenever her legs came down the stairs on MTV me and my brother would scream because we knew it was her video :unbelievableney_happy_smile_joy_overjoyed_excited_yay:That video made me a stan and the rest is history :ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle:

3 minutes ago, lemonadeskie said:

First memory was when I was 7, this annoying girl in class kept farting and saying "oops I did it again" after. And when I finally confronted her and asked why she kept saying that, she told me it was because of Britney Spears. I asked who she was and she brought the CD to school but I got scared of the BOMT cover because it looked like some kidz bop mess :rip:  (I love the cover now though)

Next time I would see her and stan would be the me against the music video a few years later, whenever her legs came down the stairs on MTV me and my brother would scream because we knew it was her video :unbelievableney_happy_smile_joy_overjoyed_excited_yay:That video made me a stan and the rest is history :ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle:

Omg wait this story is so cute :wontcry: 

I was at a chinese restaurant with my parents and BOMT mv started playing on the TV. I was amazed and asked my mom who was she. My dad said she was part of the Spice Girls and my mom corrected him and told me she was a new singer called Britney Spears. I was 6. Then I forgot about her until three years later. A friend of mine who was older than me was doing the Slave choreo and I wanted to learn it as well and he showed me the Britney album. I became a stan after ITZ.

I remember seeing her and never knowing who she was . There was a show that played top videos on some channel and i would see glimpses of Britney in MATM and i thought she was "shakira" but i never fully comprehended it was her ..... and then i saw the every time video and i was thinking " who's this gorgeous beautiful woman with this really cool make up on ( the dark eyes lmao) . Never got her name  ( didnt have internet or a phone to record) :shocked:

Some months after that , my brother was on his computer and he played Toxic . I literally remember just standing still.... as the intro started and she sang i went over and said " WHAT THE **** IS THIS AND WHO SINGS IT" he said " You cant be serious? This is probably the most famous american singer and the prettiest" he had GH: MP the CD from his friend . I literally stole it and his friend was mad and i didnt want to return it and he said it's cool i'll tell him to buy a new one as my brother was thinking of keeping it to himself too lmao . Every time his friend was over he'd bring up the story about his " Britney CD" and how it's lost and i'd pretend not to know anything :jl: . 

Fast forward and my brother's friend gave him in the zone and i stole that too :gunriah:

This guy was super mad though :gunriah: i was young ... no car ... no internet ... and got madly in love just kept her CD'S:gunriah:

i’m younger than most of britney fans so one of my first memories is listening to criminal at a road trip, but sadly, i didn’t know it was her after a couple years. i’ve obviously always known who she is and everything, but i didn’t know her songs were HERS (?) for example, i knew toxic but didn’t know from who it was :slayde:

i also remember very well listening to till the world ends and scream & shout :)

Archived