Your first memory of Britney?

DignifiedLove

I faintly remember going to my next-door neighbors house one day when I was 6 and there she was, watching the OIDIA music video on TV. I remember being blown away by the red catsuit and thinking that she was a literal barbie. I actually thought she wasn't real because she looked so perfect and danced so good. :bedtime:

Then, she played me the OIDIA CD but then her friend wanted to listen *Nsync's No Strings Attached instead and my God, was the tension real. :overwhelm:

But yeah, that's basically my first ever introduction and memory of Britney. And well, the rest is history... :byetina:

I'm interested to know your guys first memories of the queen. :) 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

I vividly remember going to my next-door neighbors house one day when I was 6 and there she was, watching the OIDIA music video on TV. I remember being blown away by the red catsuit and thinking that she was a literal barbie. I actually thought she wasn't real because she looked so perfect and danced so good. :airpls:

Then, she played me the OIDIA CD but then her friend wanted to listen *Nsync's No Strings Attached instead and I remember there being so much tension. :overwhelm:

But yeah, that's basically my first ever introduction and memory of Britney. And well, the rest is history... :byetina:

I'm interested to know your guys first memories of the queen. :) 

I have a really bad memory for things so I don’t remember the exact first time I saw/ heard her but I do know baby one more time was the first cd I ever bought back in 1999 and I was obsessed with her. I was in fourth grade. I’ve been a fan since the beginning.

8 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

I remember being blown away by the red catsuit and thinking that she was a literal barbie.

:dead: Omg I didn't understand why She had weird bluish eye shadow until now !!

It's regular Barbie makeup :dead:

That was really mystery to me for so long :shadelaugh: My brain was so lazy :deadbanana:Podobny obraz Blending on point :well:

8 minutes ago, Slave_4_u said:

I have a really bad memory for things so I don’t remember the exact first time I saw/ heard her but I do know baby one more time was the first cd I ever bought back in 1999 and I was obsessed with her. I was in fourth grade. I’ve been a fan since the beginning.

It’s crazy cause I remember a lot of vivid and even some vague memories from my childhood. What I can tell you is that I didn’t even know about BOMT until I was much older lol. I didn’t actually hear the song or watch the video until I was like 13 or 14. Mess.

Just now, DignifiedLove said:

It’s crazy cause I remember a lot of vivid and even some vague memories from my childhood. What I can tell you is that I didn’t even know about BOMT until I was much older lol. 

I wish I could remember more things from my childhood. I have vague memories unfortunately. 

13 minutes ago, falka said:

:dead: Omg I didn't understand why She had weird bluish eye shadow until now !!

It's regular Barbie makeup :dead:

That was really mystery to me for so long :shadelaugh: My brain was so lazy :deadbanana:

For me, it was the Barbie hair she had in the video. I mean idk if that was the stylist’s intention to make her look like one but if that was, in fact, the case, then they did a damn good job. :dead:

It was 1998. I was listening to the radio and recording songs onto a cassette tape.  Baby One Time came on and I hit the record button before the first verse started. I loved it. I didn't know who sang the song though. I didn't have the internet and we didn't even have cable TV( so no MTV either). I played it back  and listened to it a few times. This was my new favorite song. I started listening to the radio for other good songs to record. Time passed and the radio jockey introduced the song ' Baby One More Time' by Britney Spears. I wrote down her name in my notebook and prepared to hit record as soon as the song started so that I could get the ENTIRE song this time. After it was over, I played it back and realized that I recorded Baby One More Time BACK TO BACK. I guess no better songs came on during that time. :bop:

I didn't see what Britney Spears looked like until February or March of 1999. My bestfriend described the music video to me the day after I recorded the song and played it for him. By the time I even knew what TRL was, the Baby One More Time music video had already retired. I saw clips of the video every now and then on MTV but didn't see the full video until April or May on some crappy local music video channel. ( which played VHS low quality recordings)

Thoughout 1999, I couldn't get past how different Britney looked in BOMT compared to how she looked in interviews and other music videos. After Britney went blonde, she never looked like BOMT-ney again. Later on that year, when I finally got the album, I had such a hard time believing that the girl in the booklet photos was Britney Spears.lol I remember one of those photos looked like an Asian girl and I kept looking at the picture and the album cover to see if they were the same person.  :hahaha:

My older step siblings watching TRL after school and baby one more time coming on and i became obsessed with her and so did the rest of the world because it was always being requested and played. They got annoyed with it and would turn the channel but I got them back when my mom bought me the CD and i played it non stop :)

I remember watching the BOMT video with my brother in our bedroom. My mom had just given us our own TV and we would watch music videos for hours on end sitting side by side on the floor. I was 8 or 9 when Baby first came out, so I didn’t really care about the song per se, it was ok I guess, but my little gay heart was so obsessed with her image and dancing...  

• 2 weeks later...

I'm probably one of the youngest stans on this site so my first vivid memory of Britney goes back to 2011 :hiii: in my school our P.E. teacher always prepared a dance for us to perform at the end of the school year and he chose TTWE for my class. He linked a lyric video to it on the school website for us to rehearse so this is the first image I remember seeing of Britney knowing who she actually was, although I'm 100% sure I've heard/seen her before that moment :bedtime:
Resultado de imagen de britney femme fatale shoot

oh dear :ohi:

Edit: found the video :joanne:

Archived