I Got That Boom Boom and Outrageous are Britney’s best songs.

Speaking of “Outrageous,” does anyone know how/when Britney and Snoop Dogg became acquainted? The stills from the set seemingly indicate them as having been extremely comfortable with one another:

large.png

bsvid07x.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

o-BRITNEY-SPEARS-SNOOP-DOGG-570.jpg?5

akctjrmiyzukym3urtty.jpg

bspears-161.jpg?w=300

a4b931c00fb1fdf0f054b9b9b2dc4e74.jpg

And of course...The Lick™:

giphy.gif

I mean, considering Britney was horrified about the idea of ever licking a battery, I can’t imagine she’d voluntarily lick the face of a random rapper unless they knew each other pretty well beforehand. :ponderney:

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, ImmaSlave4U said:

^ Awe. I loved those pictures. And Snoop said sweet things about Britney too, didn't he? I bet they had fun on that vid shoot. 

I’m honestly not sure what comments either have ever made with regard to one another, or anything about their mutual professional history in general, but she definitely seemed to be having an enjoyable time shooting the video (until The Incident That Shall Not Be Named, of course). :crying1:

27 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Are you Southern?  If not then you wouldnt get it and it was not for you

I'm not Southern :comingthru:, but I love that melody, twins are perfect for that song, They add a lot of character and can't imagine song without them.

That song is like salted caramel in ice cream for me.:awyeah:

Pity for haters with broken ears. :smokney:

19 minutes ago, falka said:

Pity for haters with broken ears. :smokney:

My ears are broken due to 15 years of listening to the Ying Yang Twins hollering nonsense at maximum volume. :akii:

(Definitely not a hater though, I still do listen to Boom Boom frequently). I have no complaints aside from the feature; I wish she had collaborated with far more talented rappers (both then and now).

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, Scrappy said:

I mean, I've always loved "Boom Boom" especially because of 

Some of her sexiest moves. Love the Snake arms. She's stunning and really owning it. But Primeney could sell anything.

OMG that last Boom Boom performance is perfect!!! She touches fans in it!!! It is the perfect combo of swag, great dancing, fan interaction, and facial expressions I think I've ever seen her do!

• Like 2
On 1/11/2019 at 8:52 AM, LostInAnImage said:

I’m not gay and I respect Britney. :rlynow:

Also, actual music critics praised the hell out of the song, even when at the time of its release she was arguably the most hated woman in America:

• Dennis Lim of Blender named the song one of the highlights of the album, calling it "hypnotic pole-dance pop".
  • Alexis Petridis of The Guardian called the song "futuristic and thrilling". 
  • Nick Levine of Digital Spy said that, “somehow, out of personal chaos, pop greatness has emerged. Danja melds tack-sharp beats and a deliciously scuzzy bassline to create a dancefloor throb that, if you manage to block the VMAs out of your mind, feels devilishly ****. Spears, meanwhile, gets all 'Slave 4 U' on us, moaning and groaning about ‘cameras flashing while we're dirty dancing’. A telling line, that, even when she's getting jiggy in a nightclub, Spears is thinking about who's watching her and how it's being recorded. As things stand, whether 'Gimme More' is destined to become the last great Britney single, or rather the springboard for the second phase of Spears' career, seems to be entirely up to her.”
  • Kelefa Sanneh of The New York Times said the track set the mood for the entirety of Blackout, adding that "the electronic beats and bass lines are as thick as Ms. Spears's voice is thin, and as the album title suggests, the general mood is bracingly unapologetic...she delivers almost nothing but slithery come-ons and defiant invitations to nightclub decadence.”
  • Tom Young of BBC praised Blackout, statingthere’s much to love on this action-packed feast of an album. The electric "Gimme More", the frantically addictive "Freakshow" and the spooky-sassy "Get Back" are clear signs that Spears still has star appeal by the barrow-load.
  • While reviewing The Singles Collection, Evan Sawdey of PopMatters called "Gimme More" "the best dance track she has done since 'Toxic'".

And as far as how the song is regarded over a decade later?

“Julia Michaels, pop's new mastermind, stated, ‘Blackout was so influential. Not only production-wise, but for me as a lyricist ‘Gimme More’ was super-influential. The talk-style verses which tell a very real story definitely shaped the way that I write and probably shaped the way a lot of people write. Britney is always ahead of the curve. Sonically, stylistically, always.’”

But like I said, it’s all just a matter of personal opinion. :whatitellu:

y'all the '"_____ is a washed up untalented..." line is just a quote from stan twitter it's not that deep 

y'all go off on anything here lol  

• 1 year later...