I Got That Boom Boom and Outrageous are Britney’s best songs.

2 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

Gimme More most overrated Britney song in history. A former tabloid starlet, a talentless, repetitious, washed up, medicated plant. A joke who is respected only by white gays and that is the teA.200w.gif

I’m not gay and I respect Britney. :rlynow:

Also, actual music critics praised the hell out of the song, even when at the time of its release she was arguably the most hated woman in America:

• Dennis Lim of Blender named the song one of the highlights of the album, calling it "hypnotic pole-dance pop".
  • Alexis Petridis of The Guardian called the song "futuristic and thrilling". 
  • Nick Levine of Digital Spy said that, “somehow, out of personal chaos, pop greatness has emerged. Danja melds tack-sharp beats and a deliciously scuzzy bassline to create a dancefloor throb that, if you manage to block the VMAs out of your mind, feels devilishly ****. Spears, meanwhile, gets all 'Slave 4 U' on us, moaning and groaning about ‘cameras flashing while we're dirty dancing’. A telling line, that, even when she's getting jiggy in a nightclub, Spears is thinking about who's watching her and how it's being recorded. As things stand, whether 'Gimme More' is destined to become the last great Britney single, or rather the springboard for the second phase of Spears' career, seems to be entirely up to her.”
  • Kelefa Sanneh of The New York Times said the track set the mood for the entirety of Blackout, adding that "the electronic beats and bass lines are as thick as Ms. Spears's voice is thin, and as the album title suggests, the general mood is bracingly unapologetic...she delivers almost nothing but slithery come-ons and defiant invitations to nightclub decadence.”
  • Tom Young of BBC praised Blackout, statingthere’s much to love on this action-packed feast of an album. The electric "Gimme More", the frantically addictive "Freakshow" and the spooky-sassy "Get Back" are clear signs that Spears still has star appeal by the barrow-load.
  • While reviewing The Singles Collection, Evan Sawdey of PopMatters called "Gimme More" "the best dance track she has done since 'Toxic'".

And as far as how the song is regarded over a decade later?

“Julia Michaels, pop's new mastermind, stated, ‘Blackout was so influential. Not only production-wise, but for me as a lyricist ‘Gimme More’ was super-influential. The talk-style verses which tell a very real story definitely shaped the way that I write and probably shaped the way a lot of people write. Britney is always ahead of the curve. Sonically, stylistically, always.’”

But like I said, it’s all just a matter of personal opinion. :whatitellu:

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

Kelefa Sanneh of The New York Times said the track set the mood for Blackout, adding that "the electronic beats and bass lines are as thick as Ms. Spears's voice is thin ... she delivers almost nothing but slithery come-ons and defiant invitations to nightclub decadence.”

welp :wtf: still great song to me :cuteidk:

5 minutes ago, falka said:

welp :wtf: still great song to me :cuteidk:

Haha, it’s actually a positive review, believe it not; within the full article, it refers to “Gimme More” as one of the standouts of the album. It's just the way that art critics at the New York Times write is the opposite of transparent; they usually never explicitly say what they actually mean, whether positive or negative, but do make their opinion clear mostly through the reader recognizing their arcane comparisons and metaphors by happenstance, or more commonly, by paying close attention to the contextual clues. :)

• Like 2
1 minute ago, LostInAnImage said:

Haha, it’s actually a positive review, believe it not; within the full article, it refers to “Gimme More” as one of the standouts of the album. It's just the way that art critics at the New York Times write is the opposite of transparent; they usually never explicitly say what they actually mean, whether positive or negative, but do make their opinion clear mostly through the reader recognizing their arcane comparisons and metaphors by happenstance, or more commonly, by paying close attention to the contextual clues. :)

I'll choose to believe U keeping in mind that shady reviewer is shady :yesokay:

• Like 1
7 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

I have come to the conclusion that aside from the classics like BOMT, Oops and Toxic...that Boom Boom and Outrageous are her BEST songs. A majority of my friend groups are all into hip-hop and they always had the objective that Britney only made bubblegum and dance/electro-influenced pop. So when I started showing people Boom Boom and Outrageous, they were shook to the CORE. They all started bopping along and wondering why Britney never made more hip-hip and urban material. And they were right....Britney literally ate these two tracks up and they’re pretty much flawless, start to end. Catchy, fun, and vibey. But wow, what a moment... that is most pleasing to her in her career. 200w.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c38230b636d6e34369

:cackling:

• Like 1

:ugh:

Those two songs just don't appeal to me. In fact, I will likely never hear those terrible songs ever again for as long as I live. They're not on my playlists, I would never stream them and I skip them when playing the CDs. And literally nobody I know would ever listen to it and it certainly won't be heard at any club I venture into. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jordeezy said:

I think Boom Boom is iconic to a small group of us... you had to be there to understand.  It would have been a smashi hit if released after Toxic and then Everytime as 4th single

I was there. And I couldn't stand it. Those Ying Yang Twins disgusted me as a teen. Where are they now, anyway? They were so gross. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ImmaSlave4U said:

:ugh:

Those two songs just don't appeal to me. In fact, I will likely never hear those terrible songs ever again for as long as I live. They're not on my playlists, I would never stream them and I skip them when playing the CDs. 

“Boom Boom” would be infinitely better sans the Ying Yang Twins, but I think it’s still a good dance track with some crossover appeal. I was a big fan of the choreography from the promo performances.

“Outrageous” is lyrically insanely repetitive and kind of try-hard though; I mean, rhyming “***” with “****” over and over again isn’t terribly creative, and would've been a really bad PR move as a single considering the extent to which people were turning against her precisely at that time due to the emerging hypersexuality as a core part of her brand. However, I do really like the Middle Eastern influences within the actual instrumentals. 

As far as ITZ non-singles are concerned, I think “The Hook Up” would’ve probably hypothetically been most successful, especially if she promoted the song by performing the exact same impeccable choreo routine from the OHT. 

And, although I also really love TOMH and BOM, they would’ve definitely been career suicide (especially the former). She just matured ******** way quicker than her fanbase aged at that point in time. 

• Like 2

Outrageous was one of my favorite songs ever...

another melacoholic dream... of what would have happened :crying1:

otrageous PERFORMANCE vma2004

outrageous video cancelled

no more In The zone singles..even if this is her best album 

original doll Mona Lisa

gimme more original video concept

vma2007   With Chris angel 

HOT as ice video 

mannequin original choreo and supposed VMA 2008 performance 

hold it against me promo performances 

Dessert performance for WB

perfume original video concept

MAKE ME ORIGINAL VIDEO CONCEPT SCRAPPED WICH FOR ME IS ONE OF THE SADDEST MOMENTS EVER, 

MAKE VMA2016 performance, was so bad, she looked amazing but... nothing iconic.. so sad...

and no more singles to GLORY, 

refresh my memory if you think I miss one...

• Like 1