“Why Am I Still Thinking About How The View Celebrated Britney Spears' Divorce?”

• Super Mods

I feel like they mean well,  I can’t speak for others but Rosie is one of us. She’s a huge Stan. I remember when she first came out she was overly protective of Britney and even when Britney was going through 2007, Rosie was one of the celebrities that genuinely offered Britney a place to stay and hide away if she needed to. 

Come on guys, we would do the same thing too if we had the opportunity. It’s nothing offensive or at least to me.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Khoazie said:

To me Britney has always been so fascinating to follow for those reasons you mentioned. The way people/society reacts/discusses her is so indicative of many of the current cultural views on womanhood etc. 

Can I say I stay looking forward to your posts. The way you write and your views, chile we need more of that in this forum. 

:) 

I agree with you two.<
i became interested in Britney in 2007 when she haved her head. I was like "wow, thats not normal..." and started everyday on breatheheavy, Britneyexperts, and the good old blogger "the original doll" I think she was called. I defended Britney all the time against haters, and when Blackout came out, I officially got my stan-card, it was the best album I'd ever heard.

But the way everyone think they own a person is really wild, especially the fans and the society!

Though I was aware that she had kids and everything that would come after this was for sure not going to be all rainbows and unicorns, still - being happy that a person has cut a toxic relationship, isn't that good intention (caring about a person)? Like sure, they are extra, but they need to be on TV, to entertain.

Like, I have been in bad relationships, and the closest friends had been telling me before I even had broken up that a guy was not good for me - and they were happy when I would break off a relationship. Why? Because they care, they saw me being miserable with someone, someone that was trash or was not treating me or being deserving to be given attention/or was not giving me attention as he should have. 

Thank you very much for talking about this article.You talking about Elvis,Whitney,Princess Diana,etc but I think that each case or person is different.The situation in Britney was that a girl had an impact on the entertainment world and around the world.For a long time waiting for her,so I think it was even more impressive or overwhelming and I mean they saw a new girl with the beauty and charisma of Marilyn level .These cases tend to be rare and even  more so when even the Internet had not grown or had developed enough.But they started humiliating her and it was like a sin if you like her or you said that the girl had talent and I'm talking about 2001.They have obsessed with putting a label that never belonged to her and they were not only talking about her personal life,which in part seems normal to me ,but also they wanted to make decisions about her own personal life and that their opinion was reality and the absolute truth.It was very disgusting how they talked  with that contempt about her life ,her marriage, her pregnancies ,her babies, her role as a mother.

14 minutes ago, MoonLight28 said:

Offensive? Nah... If my best friend is in a relationship which is very bad and it's only bringing bad things and i know it's over i will throw a party too... I mean c'mon... party all f**king week

Of course! That’s what close friends are supposed to do. It’s different though coming from people outside of your inner circle, people who don’t actually know you and your situation. Sure Rosie probably meant well, and like the article pointed out, she wasn’t the only one doing this. In many ways “we” were all complicit in this public “celebration.” 

I mean, in hindsight it’s easy to say this was a good thing because it was Kfed and all, but at the end f the day this was a private matter for Britney... :decisions:

Archived