Is "My Only Wish (This Year)" the greatest Christmas song of all time?

DignifiedLove

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britney's song sounds very similar to AIWFCIY, but for me, the female christmas trinity is

1. Mariah - IAWFCIY

2. Britney - My only wish

3. Ari -  Santa, Tell me

And on the male spectrum

1. Wham - Last Christmas 

2.  Train - Shake Up Christmas

I hate Michael Buble tho. Never understood why they made so many jokes about him defrosting at Christmas (on meme sites), cause I couldn't ever listen to any of his Christmas songs till the end

12 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

The fact that this LQ, choppy mess of a video using Cheetah Girls clips and other flop videos has sort of become the Internet's referring music video for it.:drown:  34 million views and rising. 

Reminds me all too much of another low quality music video mess :tiffanycries:

I am triggered :meltdown:

15 hours ago, Goku said:

I cannot believe her team is not supporting this hit with an official video.

They're the worst. I swear that song can increase her streaming numbers on Spotify. ****.

Risultati immagini per unprofessionalism far too much

I saw this on twitter too! As fans, we need to gather together, have a listening party and stream the **** outta the song this season. Let's get it over 100M at least.

Both My Only Wish (This Year) and All I Want For Christmas Is You are the very last modern day Christmas hits. Songs that are now associated to Christmas classics.

I remember buying the Platinum Christmas CD just for My Only Wish. We received this email from Britney with a Christmas e-card which teased a short clip of the song. The good old days!

My Only Wish gives me the feels year after year.  It’s my tradition to make it the first Holiday song I play every November. It’s just flawless and timeless! From the music to her vocals and her energy... All is perfect! It’s so joyful. Only Britney could do something like that.

Both it and Mariah's song are included on the poppy Christmas playlist at work, and they actually follow one another track wise. I think Mariah's comes first. Either way, it keeps up the bubbly vibe from customers and we have people who will dance and sing along more often than not; which is not the case for Taylor's songs that pop up on the playlist, Ariana's, etc.

Archived