Is "My Only Wish (This Year)" the greatest Christmas song of all time?

DignifiedLove

Never have I heard a Christmas song so bubbly, festive and CLIMATIC - all in one. 

To this day, I don't know a better Christmas song and I'm hoping there will be a day where 'My Only Wish' surpasses 'All I Want For Christmas Is You' in streams/popularity because she is THAT underrated *****. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5666631

Rise My Only Wish This Year, rise.2rz3mmt.jpg.gif

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I still remember waiting 45 min for a Britney Christmas Ecard to download on dialup internet abd it played 60 secs of this song lol. I then bought Platinum Christmas just for this song

The best Christimas song of all time lbr. I had the Platinum Christmas CD too when I was a kid and that's where I first heard it, such good memories. :kyliecry:

5 minutes ago, WilderWein said:

If she released it with a music video it would have been huge. Its absolutely perfect and i hear it every christmas on the radio.

Omg imagine a Christmas-themed Britney music video in 2000. My childhood heart would not be able to handle it. And I agree, a music video/single-release could have made the song even bigger. Such a missed and wasted opportunity. :kyliecry:

15 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

The best Christimas song of all time lbr. I had the Platinum Christmas CD too when I was a kid and that's where I first heard it, such good memories. :kyliecry:

Me too. Why she didn’t make a Xmas album ugh. My favorite part is when she goes, “Santa can you hear MAAA-EE-YAH!” 

Queen of Britney style vocals :bedtime:

3 hours ago, Danishfan said:

Tried it?? Aiwfciy Has been the biggest Christmas song ever, since it was released basically. She’s broken several records with it, so don’t even go there. 

Didn’t this song dominate the charts well after Christmas season? I recall reading somewhere that it was like the only time it’s happened for a holiday song 

20 hours ago, jordeezy said:

I still remember waiting 45 min for a Britney Christmas Ecard to download on dialup internet and it played 60 secs of this song lol. I then bought Platinum Christmas just for this song

i remember seeing the tv ad promoting its release date, i only bought the cd cuz of her

Archived